Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Olympic Tickets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olympic Tickets
    Posted: 26 June 2011 at 11:54am
I'm surprised that nobody has started a thread on the Olympics (or have I missed one?).

Has anyone got tickets or is there total apathy out there?

I've got tennis at Wimbledon, football at the MS (in case I got nothing else) and a morning of athletics.

It's a once in a lifetime event in the UK and we're all sports fans on here who enjoy watching events live.

The way they sold them, though, has been farcical although it is difficult to find any alternative that wouldn't melt the server as happened on Friday.

Sponsored Links

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 5:14pm
I'm obviously on my own with this one, then.

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 5:56pm
I tried in the first round. Was hoping to see Dai Green get Gold.

Got zilch.

I din't really fancy anything much in the second round so it's in front of the tele for us.

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 6:00pm
To be honest it may as well be on the dark side of the moon ...would have rather gone to glastonbury....as a tax payer glastonbury costs me nothing in hidden costs
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

To be honest it may as well be on the dark side of the moon ...would have rather gone to glastonbury....as a tax payer glastonbury costs me nothing in hidden costs

Ha! Think of the poor sods in East London who pay extra through their council taxes and have got nothing in the ballots!!
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I'm surprised that nobody has started a thread on the Olympics (or have I missed one?).

Has anyone got tickets or is there total apathy out there?

I've got tennis at Wimbledon, football at the MS (in case I got nothing else) and a morning of athletics.

It's a once in a lifetime event in the UK and we're all sports fans on here who enjoy watching events live.

The way they sold them, though, has been farcical although it is difficult to find any alternative that wouldn't melt the server as happened on Friday.

Loved to have watched something, but with my tribe, bit pointless.....

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic