Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > BAZ LEWIS' SCARLET FEVER GOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scotch Eggs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 66>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scotch Eggs
    Posted: 09 April 2011 at 6:56pm
Has anyone mentioned pies on the forum in the past? Thought I'd be the first.......
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:41am
LOL! LOL

It is all about the gravy! Thumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:50am
Can i go off Topic ( my favourite chocolate bar )....Big smileWink

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:57am
Mentioned this before, but I prefer a really good scotch egg. There's a firm up in mid Wales who make these awesome ones with all different fillings. Can't beat one with with a pint of bitter imo.

Love to see them down at Y Parc.
#George
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 10:06am
tell you what I really miss living in cornwall is Rissoles and Faggots.. also in chip shops down here, they just can't do gravy properly.. 
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 10:19am
I love a good rissole, a South Wales thing though. Can't beat Dave Parade for faggots mind, credit where it's due.
#George
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

tell you what I really miss living in cornwall is Rissoles and Faggots.. also in chip shops down here, they just can't do gravy properly.. 

The Evans clan had faggots peas and chips in a massive bowl of juice for tea yesterday, needless to say the office smells foul today, but im still smiling.........

scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 7:54pm
I tell you what pees me off, pies in a pot with a pastry lid!
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Mentioned this before, but I prefer a really good scotch egg.

You, Sir, are mental.

Back to the topic (despite OaM trying his hardest to derail things), yes Jar, you are the first person to mention pies or pie related events on this forum.

I've not come across or contributed to a thread with such contents anyway. Not since my memory loss kicked-in anyway.

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 1:42pm
Chicken and Mushroom pies are devine.....

A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 1:43pm
What is the forums take on Pork Pies?, only asking like
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:06pm
We can investigate this in Glasgow, but Pies definitely shouldn't be deep fried!!
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by scarlet_rob scarlet_rob wrote:

We can investigate this in Glasgow, but Pies definitely shouldn't be deep fried!!

Are we going to sample a deep fried mars bar whilst we are in Weggie Land?, be rude not to i think. I nominate Chips to try one with a pint of Buckfast.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

Are we going to sample a deep fried mars bar whilst we are in Weggie Land?, be rude not to i think. I nominate Chips to try one with a pint of Buckfast.

Twice i've eaten the deep fried pie. I did say never again but by the end of the night i may well have forgotten how gross they are!
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:26pm

Twice i've eaten the deep fried pie. I did say never again but by the end of the night i may well have forgotten how gross they are!

Duw duw, twice?, once you put down to curiosity but twice what were you thinking of mun.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:31pm

Duw duw, twice?, once you put down to curiosity but twice what were you thinking of mun.

I remember it well, the pie was sitting nice and warm in the chippy, definitely not fried, so i thought i could get a bit of pie action with my chips. Then the damn chippy bloke picked it up, and threw it in the fryer!! I am going to maybe research the effect of the fried pie on mopping up excess alcohol!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 66>
  Share Topic