Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Europe next Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Was chatting with an esteemed colleague yesterday and he burped out this stat:

Value of our season ticket at Scarlets-

A few years ago:
11 home league games
3 European home games
2 Anglo Welsh games
TOTAL - 16

Next season:
9 league home games
2 European home games
TOTAL: 11

If my dodgy maths is correct, that is a reduction in guaranteed home games of 32 %.

Has this been raised at Crys meetings? Is this the continued direction of travel? Are we just content with this as a club? Do supporters have a say?

There's some on here who are advocating a further reduction.

Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 3:29pm
Difference was we had our best players available for more games back then...
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 6:20pm
Eleven home games next season, not good value to me unless 7 or 8 of them are on a Saturday afternoon.  If not, that's  the end of a run of 62 years of season ticket purchases, no more evening kick offs  for me unless they are in the summer.Smile
Keep the faith
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Eleven home games next season, not good value to me unless 7 or 8 of them are on a Saturday afternoon.  If not, that's  the end of a run of 62 years of season ticket purchases, no more evening kick offs  for me unless they are in the summer.Smile
to be honest with you greypower i only went to 2 games this year and didn't enjoy either,rugby for me is a few beers with friends and watch the game a taxi back to ammanford is about £35 so i don't think i will be renewing next year and that's not including the raft of excuses trundled out on the forum for shipping 50 points in games.Cry
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 9:17pm

A few years ago:
11 home league games
3 European home games
2 Anglo Welsh games
TOTAL - 16

Next season:
9 league home games
2 European home games

If my dodgy maths is correct, that is a reduction in guaranteed home games of 32 %.

Has this been raised at Crys meetings? Is this the continued direction of travel? Are we just content with this as a club? Do supporters have a say?
I've posted that stat many times. It's shocking, even though many never bothered with the AW games in the end.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

URC = don't give a poo about growing the club game
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 11:47pm
An enclosure season ticket works out approx £13 a game which is superb value for money.

It's hard to win as we didn't want games to be played during internationals so they've done their best to not schedule any games but now thats leaving us with only 11 home games in a season, so thats 41 weeks out of the year where we won't be playing at home. No wonder we struggle to get decent crowds
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:03am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

An enclosure season ticket works out approx £13 a game which is superb value for money.

It's hard to win as we didn't want games to be played during internationals so they've done their best to not schedule any games but now thats leaving us with only 11 home games in a season, so thats 41 weeks out of the year where we won't be playing at home. No wonder we struggle to get decent crowds
We still have 2 rounds that were planned during 6N (prior to covid) and we still have games either side of the AIs and 6N without our international players. That's 6 out of 22 games (27%) plus there will be mandatory rest weeks for some of the internationals.

I think I'd rather have a few more window games for the match day revenue etc. and rely on fewer Wales players for the core of the team if that was possible

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:32pm
Im slightly flabbergasted that they havent gone back to the old format or even a more sensible one of 8 pools of 4 and the top to from each go through to the last 16 (not round of 16 which has crept in from football and I hate). Offers up more opportunities for playing at a top level.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Im slightly flabbergasted that they havent gone back to the old format or even a more sensible one of 8 pools of 4 and the top to from each go through to the last 16 (not round of 16 which has crept in from football and I hate). Offers up more opportunities for playing at a top level.
Having 32 teams means you have 32/42 of the teams in the 3 leagues all competing in the premier competition. It’s less premier competition and more every team bar the really poor ones (and what would happen to the Challenge Cup). I still believe 20 or 24 teams is the desired number but with home and away fixtures in pools of 4, and only 8 going through to the knockout stages. Anything else is a disappointment IMO. 

Edited by Jones2004 - 13 May 2022 at 12:55pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:16pm

A few years ago:
11 home league games
3 European home games
2 Anglo Welsh games
TOTAL - 16

Next season:
9 league home games
2 European home games

Did anyone go to those Anglo welsh ones?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

A few years ago:
11 home league games
3 European home games
2 Anglo Welsh games
TOTAL - 16

Next season:
9 league home games
2 European home games

Probably about 50% of the normal crowd in the latter years. That's still making use of th stadium, and maybe taking £30k in retail sales for the day, using players we already pay and a stadium we already own.
Plus it was a chance for competitive rugby for fringe/ young players.
I used to really enjoy them, but I take the point that they were less popular than league and Europe. The dumb group system where you didn't actually play the teams in your own group also made it a lottery.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

A few years ago:
11 home league games
3 European home games
2 Anglo Welsh games
TOTAL - 16

Next season:
9 league home games
2 European home games

Probably about 50% of the normal crowd in the latter years. That's still making use of th stadium, and maybe taking £30k in retail sales for the day, using players we already pay and a stadium we already own.
Plus it was a chance for competitive rugby for fringe/ young players.
I used to really enjoy them, but I take the point that they were less popular than league and Europe. The dumb group system where you didn't actually play the teams in your own group also made it a lottery.

I used to enjoy them, but stopped attending when we started having to all sit in the South stand. I get that it was a cost-cutting exercise in terms of stewarding/bar staff etc, but having chosen to purchase a ST in the north, that is where I expect to be located for home games.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:27am
Any idea on the teams in the challenge cup and the format?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:36am
Groups of 4 isn’t it? 
Formerly Pemberton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formerly Pemberton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:45am
I think the English league has 13 teams this season with no relegation so the Challenge Cup could have an odd number of teams in it. I don't follow English Rugby that much so I may be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic