Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Earnshaw signs for West Brom!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Earnshaw signs for West Brom!!!!
    Posted: 30 August 2004 at 5:35pm
Earnshaw signs for Baggies
Cardiff striker Rob Earnshaw
West Brom have completed the £3m signing of Cardiff City striker Rob Earnshaw on a three-year deal.

The transfer, a club record for the Baggies, could rise to £3.62m depending on contractual incentives.

The fee was agreed on Saturday after Earnshaw passed a medical, but talks over personal terms stalled prompting rumours of a late Everton swoop.

But the Wales striker completed the move on Monday, ending a seven-year stay at Cardiff that brought 107 goals.

The 23-year-old's international record has been even more impressive, yielding seven goals from 13 games, including a fine hat-trick against Scotland in February at the Millennium Stadium.

I don't know anybody who is as sharp as Rob Earnshaw is around the box
West Brom and Wales midfielder Andy Johnson
Albion manager Gary Megson has been searching all summer for a proven goalscorer to bolster his side's chances of surviving in the Premiership and has now smashed the previous club record of £2.7m to sign Dane Martin Albrechtsen from FC Copenhagen.

Earnshaw is expected to partner Kanu up front, given that Geoff Horsfield has struggled to convert his scoring opportunities in Albion's opening four games of the season.

Earnshaw's move could smooth the way for West Brom midfielder Sean Gregan to head to Cardiff.

After the Bluebirds' disappointing loss at Ninian Park to visitors Stoke on Saturday afternoon, manager Lennie Lawrence revealed that he had his sights on recruiting from the Hawthorns.

"There is a possibility that one or two West Brom players will be coming to Cardiff, but if they do it will not be a part of the Earnshaw deal," Lawrence said.

Earnshaw's arrival is welcomed by midfielder Andy Johnson, one of two fellow Wales stars - the other is Jason Koumas - at the Hawthorns.

"He is better than (Tottenham and England striker) Jermaine Defoe in my book, he has great fitness and I don't know anybody who is as sharp as he is around the box," Johnson said.

"He can score goals and will be a great signing for us, it will benefit him playing in the Premiership.

"He will fit in very well at West Brom, and playing alongside people like Kanu will give him valuable experience."

You can presume I'm a bit happy! this should see us take root in the Prem,maybe even a few notable scalps along the way.A big signing for the Albion, no doubt about it. Hopefully premiership football for Earnie should improve the Welsh side as well.

Taken from BBC site Full Story Here

Edit:- either included the link with the headlines or if pasting the whole story say where it came from Unless of course its all your own words.

Other forums have had problems in the past where they have copied a news story and not included links or where the story came from . 

Edited by administrator
Sponsored Links

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 7:21pm
well done the baggies.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

swissscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 7:31pm
Yeah, he'll turn out to be a smashing signing, although I'm sad to see him join the baggies as I really wanted him to sign for the toffies.
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 7:51pm

i am surprised that mark hughes didnt try and influence him in his choice of clubs though,not knocking the baggies but is it the best he could of done(anythings better than cardiff though).

where and when will gabbi go?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 10:39am
i think that cardiff forced him out, because he had offers from other clubs, one i know of was charlton, and he said no and cardiff wernt so desperate for cash, but now they are so took to the highest bidder because i bet rob only left to help the club because i wouldnt have gone to west brom if a team like Charlton where after me
Jerry Dammers View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 11:43am

The Albion look a good bet for staying up, and he'll be first choice upfront with Kanu, a big incentive for signing,plus the fact he'll be playing at Trafford/Anfield/Stamford etc etc. Playing in the prem obviously puts him in the shop window if he carries on his scoring record, a move to a bigger club with a hefty profit can't be ruled out.Probably Koumas/Andy Johnson had good things to say about the club and Megson as well, and he won't be on his tod as he knows them from Wales duties. Roll on the next game, i have every confidence he'll slot in nicely in the prem.  

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 12:54am

wish him the best of luck.

doesnt he remind you of the alien in "invaders from mars"

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 9:35pm

i also think Albion will stay up, the players theyve brought in are good, so ill say theyl stay up

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 11:40pm
but at whose expense?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic