Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > RANDOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chance Encounter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chance Encounter
    Posted: 14 March 2014 at 2:45pm
In London this morning, I had to change at Camden Town for a different branch of the Northern Line. I noticed a couple who looked a bit lost, studying their map, so offered to help.

It's a station that has different platforms depending on which branch of the Northern Line you want, it can be confusing the first time you use it. They were grateful for my leading them to the right place and it was where I was heading too.

They were in their sixties and we got chatting. It turns out they were from Carmarthen, he was born in Cardiff but had lived there since 1979. Rugby came up and he still remains a blues supporter - he thanked me for my sympathy. The couple were in town to see her family, of Portuguese origin, to announce their plans to get married.

They'd been together for 5 years and found each other via the internet, yet lived only 200 yards apart!

After a frosty moment or two when he blamed the Priest for Wales's woe, however, he soon realised the error of his ways. We parted on cheery terms and my encouragement for him to get down y Parc pronto!

London's a different place when the sun is out.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 14 March 2014 at 2:47pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2014 at 12:26pm
LOL How random! ClapClapClap
Went on Holiday to Ibiza with my mates some years back. While walking along the beach front, we bumped into a mate from school who was in the same class, and it turned out that he was in a hotel two blocks away! LOLLOLLOL
Always remember the comments:

"What are you doing here?"
"On holiday isn't it!"
"What about you guys"
"On holiday too isn't it!"

Funny that as we'rein Ibiza! LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Mrfwon - 17 March 2014 at 12:27pm
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic