Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > BAZ LEWIS' SCARLET FEVER GOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baz Lewis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:15am
Not only was Baz a passionate Scarlet, he was also a great man.

I'll miss having a few pints with him in various random bars around Europe, and what will stick with me the most will be his unquestionable commitment to the Scarlets cause. The effort and the lengths that Baz went to in order to get to games was absolutely outstanding. Always. And it was never for him, never for a pat on the back and never for "being the fan that travelled the most." Just went about it, did what he could and it was always "for the club mun."

Proud to say Baz was a mate - and I definitely had a pint for him tonight. The match was pushed in to some kind of insignificance after receiving such sad news.

To Val and the family, please accept my deepest sympathy at what must be a poignant time, particularly considering the time of year.

Cysga'n dawel Baz.

Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 4:46am
oh my god just reading this now and totally shocked,what a lovely lovely man,deepest sympathies to val and her family,i was only talking to him last sunday.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 6:23am
Just heard the news from a tweet by the Scarlets.

Very sad news indeed about one of the most passionate of Scarlet fans. My condolences to his family.

insidehalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insidehalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 7:24am
Very sad news, lovely guy and what a commitment to the club. If the people of Llanelli had half his commitment the boys would be playing in front of a nearly full stadium every game. Went to an away Leinster game on my own and bumped into Baz and Col in a bar before the game. He made sure I stayed with them before, during and after the game. Huge character and huge loss to the Scarlet family. RIP
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 8:31am
What can I say to our extended family -all of you special Scarlett's friends. Thank you so much for all of these postings your words are a great comfort. It is heartwarming to read all of your memories. A beautiful big man that has left me devastated. Keep up your support guys and sing loud and proud for Baz . Kindest regards Val xxx ps sorry to use his log in but had to thank you all xx
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 8:33am
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

What can I say to our extended family -all of you special Scarlett's friends. Thank you so much for all of these postings your words are a great comfort. It is heartwarming to read all of your memories. A beautiful big man that has left me devastated. Keep up your support guys and sing loud and proud for Baz . Kindest regards Val xxx ps sorry to use his log in but had to thank you all xx

our thoughts are with you val at this sad time.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 8:40am
So shocked when I heard this news last night , thoughts are with you val.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 8:44am
Very sad news. Shared a good few pints with Baz. Larger than life in every way. Deepest sympathies.
swm View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 8:57am
What sad news about Baz , not just a Scarlet supporter but a great man and friend. Will always be missed , me and ang send our sincere condolences to Val a special lady and a dear friend , and to all the family

rip Baz
steve and ang
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 9:14am
Never met Baz, but his commitment to the Scarlets was unquestionable, sincere condolences to his wife & family.
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 9:29am
RIP Baz

What a privilege it was to meet such a gent. Thoughts are with the family.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 9:42am
Val - I'm using Mark's log in to do the same. Am still in shock. Call me at any time 24-7 if you need anything at all. Love you ! Helen xxx
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 11:05am
I'm no great speech writer nor orator but I feel compelled to write something down as a mark of respect for someone who has become such a good friend over the years.

Whether there was a handful of us in Cork or hundreds of us in Quins or France, Baz always shone brightly as one of the larger than life characters who stood out in a crowd. He had as much time for the youngest of supporters as he did for the eldest amongst us, a mark of his truly infectious character.

His dedication both home and away, and even during periods of unemployment, have made him one of the most deeply committed of the Scarlets family. I didn't sleep well last night. Couldn't help thinking about how many friends will be affected by this, how many lives he has had such an impact upon. Especially to Colin who has spent so many hours in the company of Baz, but most of all to Val. I offer you our most sincere condolences and if there is anything we can do to help please say.

From one Midlander to another, will really miss you, big fella.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by RedZep RedZep wrote:

I'm no great speech writer nor orator but I feel compelled to write something down as a mark of respect for someone who has become such a good friend over the years.

Whether there was a handful of us in Cork or hundreds of us in Quins or France, Baz always shone brightly as one of the larger than life characters who stood out in a crowd. He had as much time for the youngest of supporters as he did for the eldest amongst us, a mark of his truly infectious character.

His dedication both home and away, and even during periods of unemployment, have made him one of the most deeply committed of the Scarlets family. I didn't sleep well last night. Couldn't help thinking about how many friends will be affected by this, how many lives he has had such an impact upon. Especially to Colin who has spent so many hours in the company of Baz, but most of all to Val. I offer you our most sincere condolences and if there is anything we can do to help please say.

From one Midlander to another, will really miss you, big fella.

well put mick.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:20pm
Oh no. Terrible news.

I would also like to add how good it had been meeting Baz on many occasions for some great away trips (and the odd beer, here and there).

A really nice guy and I always enjoyed his company.

My thoughts are with his family.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:40pm
Shocking news! Couldn't believe it when I found out. Can't put it into words any better than mick did. But he was such a dedicated supporter and a great guy! Going to miss him and I'm sure everyone will. My condolences go out to you Val. We are all a big family at the end of the day, we might argue and squabble from time to time but at the end of the day we are scarlets!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic