Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st Division game - Athletic V Brynmawr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaesFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Division game - Athletic V Brynmawr
    Posted: 19 September 2004 at 1:23am
Alright - so it's the 1st Division; it's the so called "lesser team" and (to top it all off) it's attracted a crowd of around 40. So what in the name of all the Rugby gods am I doing there?

Sorry - Athletic fan for too many years to take note of which Carmarthen side reached the Prem. But what a game. 23-10 at half time and at the final whistle 48-10. A great showing by the lads today and a brilliant display from Leigh Hicks (No 11) and Chris Harries (No 13).

Carmarthen stay top of the table (for now) and I've matched my woeful attendance record of last season by the 3rd game. Best of all it was a return to Five Fields and the match programme did it's best to aid Soccer AM's campaign to make bouncebackability enter the dictionairy.

So all in all a great game to attend before work (just so long as I remember in future not to chat to the Quins fans about the game).

NOTE - Thought I'd try and start a trend of including some threads about the lower feeder clubs from those of us who go to see the grass roots.
Is this a case of great minds...
Or fools rarely... ?
Sponsored Links

Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 1:30am
Bedwas?? Thought they were in the prem Saesfool. Do you mean Beddau by any chance?
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 1:34am
well done saes fool,you have made at least one of us realise where our roots lie in rugby terms.thanks.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

SaesFool View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaesFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Pedro Diniz Pedro Diniz wrote:

Bedwas?? Thought they were in the prem Saesfool. Do you mean Beddau by any chance?
No, should have been Brynmawr!

Just been looking at the Bedwas photos and too tired after work. Worst thing is I'm sober so no real excuses here.

On the plus side at least I'm living up to my name!
Or fools rarely... ?
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 1:35am
as usual.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 8:06am

Originally posted by SaesFool SaesFool wrote:

No, should have been Brynmawr!

Just been looking at the Bedwas photos and too tired after work. Worst thing is I'm sober so no real excuses here.

On the plus side at least I'm living up to my name!

I have renamed the topic for you.

SaesFool View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaesFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

No, should have been Brynmawr! Just been looking at the Bedwas photos and too tired after work. Worst thing is I'm sober so no real excuses here. On the plus side at least I'm living up to my name!

I have renamed the topic for you.

Cheers for that Wizard. Next time will have to remember to grab a programme or something to ensure I don't demote Premiership clubs in my posts.
Or fools rarely... ?
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 9:08pm
good thinking saes

SaesFool View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaesFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by bin laden bin laden wrote:

good thinking saes
There's a sentance I thought I'd never see
Or fools rarely... ?
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 8:03pm

Originally posted by bin laden bin laden wrote:

good thinking saes
There's a sentance I thought I'd never see
but lets not go overboard.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic