Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We're so poor at marketing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We're so poor at marketing
    Posted: 10 August 2022 at 11:33am
We just don't help ourselves really....

Just had a text from the Scarlets:

"Scarlets v Ospreys Tickets are on sale now!
17/10/2022 | 17:15 KO

Link to book"

So amateurish. 
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 1:06pm
In times of constrained budgets and difficulty in getting good staff (in many professions/walks of life), checks and balances often go out of the window, resulting in something like the above.

Great intent to send text messages promoting the match but the good is torpedoed by the small but important error.

It would be instructive to know how many staff are working on the marketing/commercial side now compared to pre-Covid. For a while it has been all hands to the various pumps and iirc in one are 2 folk were trying to do 6 people’s jobs at one point last season.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 2:00pm
From looking at the website all it seems to be now is marketing.  Wanting to sell tickets and little else.  Rarely updated and little historical information.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 2:04pm
I stopped receiving text messages from them a little while ago. Never instructed them to stop so not sure what happened there!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

In times of constrained budgets and difficulty in getting good staff (in many professions/walks of life), checks and balances often go out of the window, resulting in something like the above.

Great intent to send text messages promoting the match but the good is torpedoed by the small but important error.

It would be instructive to know how many staff are working on the marketing/commercial side now compared to pre-Covid. For a while it has been all hands to the various pumps and iirc in one are 2 folk were trying to do 6 people’s jobs at one point last season.
We've never recovered from losing Nerys IMHO. 
The website currently has a huge banner promoting the 150th anniversary, with "Look how far we've come since Llanelli in 1872"

I clicked on it, expecting to find some story to read, but there's nothing to click Confused
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Link to book"

So amateurish. 
Poor really, and could cost the club money in terms of missed ticket sales.

But who gets these text messages anyway? I used to get texts but not any more.  I get texts from the Blues and Ospreys mind which winds me up a treat. I even got a phone call from the Ospreys last year to ask if my company would sponsor them. 
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Link to book"

So amateurish. 

But who gets these text messages anyway? I used to get texts but not any more.  I get texts from the Blues and Ospreys mind which winds me up a treat. I even got a phone call from the Ospreys last year to ask if my company would sponsor them. 
How did you reply?
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 7:12pm

Link to book"

So amateurish. 

How did you reply?
Ha Ha, you would have loved it. I said unless you've got a player called Ryan Elias, Scott Williams or Jonathan Davies, I'm not buying. LOL

In fairness the guy on the phone was quite understanding and polite.  He did wonder why a business with an SA postcode could be a Scarlet and I had to explain that the SA postcode runs all the way over to Pembrokeshire and up to Ceredigion. 
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 7:14pm
LOLLOL

Link to book"

So amateurish. 

How did you reply?
Ha Ha, you would have loved it. I said unless you've got a player called Ryan Elias, Scott Williams or Jonathan Davies, I'm not buying. 

In fairness the guy on the phone was quite understanding and polite.  He did wonder why a business with an SA postcode could be a Scarlet and I had to explain that the SA postcode runs all the way over to Pembrokeshire and up to Ceredigion. 
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
philtheturk56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 7:59pm
i have also stopped having txt messages, i have even given them two separate email add, still limed on that side with info.
i never had anything to renew ST, so went down to sort it

philtheturk56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 8:02pm
Next season sees the end of a hell of a lot of Debenture seats, their 15 years being up.

A large amount of money could leave the coffers to sort that issue out.

You would think, that the club would be in contact to extend these, if required, seems to be a forgot issue!!!!

could easily be in excess of half a million involved, so yes marketing is lax
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

Next season sees the end of a hell of a lot of Debenture seats, their 15 years being up.

A large amount of money could leave the coffers to sort that issue out.

You would think, that the club would be in contact to extend these, if required, seems to be a forgot issue!!!!

could easily be in excess of half a million involved, so yes marketing is lax
Yes quite a mature group overall as well whenever I have wandered in there. The club needs to market that opportunity efficiently and in good time . 
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 12:36pm

Link to book"

So amateurish. 

I’ve had a text, email, plus I’ve seen the club advertising the fixture on social media. 

They probably only retain phone numbers for a certain period of time. I’ve seen criticism of the Ospreys over the past few weeks relating to them trying to advertise season tickets to a lapsed customer who passed away a number of years ago.
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 5:08pm
I accept it may not be the best, but why don’t you (everyone who is complaining) off some of their time to help out with marketing. 

Then we can complain about you
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

I accept it may not be the best, but why don’t you (everyone who is complaining) off some of their time to help out with marketing. 

I'm pretty sure the majority of the forum members would know the date of one of our biggest games of the season.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

Because it’s someone’s job. They’re being paid to do it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic