FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets side to face the Stormers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets side to face the Stormers
    Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

Not really seeing the point in the new big screen. 

Saves the ref's legs when reviewing tries etc, and makes the process quicker?

Could be. An expensive way of saving energy for the ref mind. 
Bet you 50p it’s covered by sponsorship/ advertising on those 2 side screens 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 8:59pm

Fantastic effort by the Bois !!! On weekend a weakened team against SA best team at full strength...

Also it was great to see the Crowd 100% in support of the team , brilliant vocal backing!!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 5:59pm

so you don't look at thr screens then?
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 11:03am
Originally posted by gaffer gaffer wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

We need a proper defence coach in place, or someone in on a consultancy basis at the very least. The only sides that have conceded more points than us are the bottom 3 sides! 

Hats off to the scrum, that went so much better than I expected.

We fall off too many tackles and, as someone has said, good sides find it easy to rack up 40/50 points against us. This has to improve next season. I agree ,set piece has been pretty sound this year, it's the tackle area and defensive organisation that has been poor. 
What's going on?
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

We need a proper defence coach in place, or someone in on a consultancy basis at the very least. The only sides that have conceded more points than us are the bottom 3 sides! 

We fall off too many tackles and, as someone has said, good sides find it easy to rack up 40/50 points against us. This has to improve next season. Set piece has been pretty sound this year, it's the tackle area and defensive organisation that has been poor. 
What's going on?
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 11:02am
Very entertaining game Saturday, a decent crowd and a very good atmosphere.

Boys played superbly and were giving it their all, couldn't ask for anymore from them, shame it came to a loss in the last play but im proud of the performance and i was proud to be there saturday backing the team.

As has already been said with the stage we are at and this being Dwaynes first proper pre season with us , the challenge cup will not be a bad thing for us and hopefully we can push for the knockout stages of this and compete for the top 8 next season in a season which will hopefully have more structure .

Alot of people complain the URC isnt entertaining but out of all the games this weekend i have found all of them quite entertaining and plenty of great tries scored and quite competitive.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:24am

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:21am
We definitely raised our game for the occasion and matched them for long parts of the game but every time they got back ball  you knew real danger was present.

I also think that sometimes we have to just accept that some of the SA line moves and talent of the players were  outstanding. The younger players will learn from games like this. 

Ps I was worried about our scrum as well and was proved wrong . Our scrum was about 85 kilos lighter and yet we fully matched them. Our line outs were excellent until we lost Shings and Price. 

Proud of the lads

Edited by reesytheexile - 23 May 2022 at 10:22am
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

When Sebastian missed the tackle that led to their try, my immediate thought was the job he was doing against their props and how much effort must go into that, it’s just one of them things unfortunately, he had a great game in my mind.

Not too sure if this is harsh, but couldn’t understand how they scored so easily after half time from a first phase play, in my mind Jonathan Davies got it all wrong, what’s others thoughts on this? Also, does anyone else think he got found wanting a lot yesterday? 

I thought he looked totally out of position/like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Not what you'd expect from a British Lion. Of course, because he didn't attempt a tackle it won't have gone down on his stats as a missed tackle. I don't think he had a bad game, but got that one totally wrong.
I just think it was a cleverly worked try. The reason he didn't attempt the tackle was because he had to take the 12.  They had their 8 in the line and with the right wing also coming around there were just to many numbers for JD and JW to defend. Had JW drifted to take his man then the gap would have appeared inside him for the winger or the 8 to exploit.  A very clever well executed move and something for our coaches to look at I think.
in which case the winger has to step in ,  at least that makes the runner pass which could be dropped by the winger or go forward. Was a good move but imo foxy misread it and the ball went to the guy outside him and he couldn’t make the outside man. The defence from driving mauls is killing us this season tbh we really need to get that fixed

Edited by RR1972 - 23 May 2022 at 9:58am
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 9:39am

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 7:47am
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

When Sebastian missed the tackle that led to their try, my immediate thought was the job he was doing against their props and how much effort must go into that, it’s just one of them things unfortunately, he had a great game in my mind.

Not too sure if this is harsh, but couldn’t understand how they scored so easily after half time from a first phase play, in my mind Jonathan Davies got it all wrong, what’s others thoughts on this? Also, does anyone else think he got found wanting a lot yesterday? 

I thought he looked totally out of position/like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Not what you'd expect from a British Lion. Of course, because he didn't attempt a tackle it won't have gone down on his stats as a missed tackle. I don't think he had a bad game, but got that one totally wrong.
I just think it was a cleverly worked try. The reason he didn't attempt the tackle was because he had to take the 12.  They had their 8 in the line and with the right wing also coming around there were just to many numbers for JD and JW to defend. Had JW drifted to take his man then the gap would have appeared inside him for the winger or the 8 to exploit.  A very clever well executed move and something for our coaches to look at I think.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 23 May 2022 at 7:48am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 10:45pm

Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 10:44pm

Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 10:42pm

The Stormers had a big overlap for their try after half time. We had sent all our forwards in to repel the maul whereas they had some of their forwards in the backline. Jon was marking the player on the inside of the player that scored.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 10:06pm
He gave two try scoring passes but you ate right he made a shocking read for that try

Edited by RR1972 - 22 May 2022 at 10:07pm
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:59pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic