Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Semi pro transfers within Region 21/22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 10:40pm
13 home games a season-any supporter and any treasurer of any club in any sport would be happy with that,surely?I would.I can't blame them for acting in the interests of their members and supporters.We have no right to expect people to behave any differently,really.As a season ticket holder for the Scarlets,I don't feel that much has been done in my interests for decades.I certainly don't like it when decisions re.fixtures,players,selection etc are made-I'm told-in the "best interests of Welsh rugby" or something equally nebulous.
Sponsored Links

Kentexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 10:55pm
If you are looking at Premiership then adjust Regional funding so they nominate an A Team from within their regions so 4 strong teams WRU find a NWales semi pro team. Then look at a mixture of benefactor and WRU funding for  3 other teams which would give 8 good teams with a chance for player development. If more fixtures are needed bolt on a cup competition with knocked out teams playing for a ranking position.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

13 home games a season-any supporter and any treasurer of any club in any sport would be happy with that,surely?I would.I can't blame them for acting in the interests of their members and supporters.We have no right to expect people to behave any differently,really.As a season ticket holder for the Scarlets,I don't feel that much has been done in my interests for decades.I certainly don't like it when decisions re.fixtures,players,selection etc are made-I'm told-in the "best interests of Welsh rugby" or something equally nebulous.
This is very very bad news for the Scarlets and the other three pro sides. The gap between Welsh Prem and URC needs bridging. I’ll get grief for saying this but the Welsh Prem is an awful standard of rugby. If you take the Scarlets they want their young players playing a standard of rugby which will prepare them for pro rugby. Players develop despite the Welsh Premiership not because of it.Players don’t improve by playing like three levels below their ability. They develop bad habits. Realistically what we need is full time A team programme but given the current financial climate improving the Welsh Premiership had to be the priority. Nigel Walker had the right idea by cutting the Prem to 9 sides with two nominated sides per pro side along with RGC. This would have dramatically improved the standard of rugby. If I were the four pro sides I’d send the best young talent on their books to play in the English Championship where they will learn and develop considerably more than they would playing alongside amateur players. At the end of the day these players are the employees of the four pro sides they can legally put them wherever they want. I’ll get ridiculed for this but until the pro game splits from the amateur game rugby in Wales is f***d. Worth noting the Welsh Prem argument is also the view of many within the pro game  including the national coach.

Edited by scarletnut - 18 August 2022 at 11:01pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

This is very very bad news for the Scarlets and the other three pro sides. The gap between Welsh Prem and URC needs bridging. I’ll get grief for saying this but the Welsh Prem is an awful standard of rugby. If you take the Scarlets they want their young. Players don’t improve by playing like three levels below their ability. They develop bad habits. Realistically what we need is full time A team programme but given the current financial climate improving the Welsh Premiership had to be the priority. Nigel Walker had the right idea by cutting the Prem to 9 sides with two nominated sides per pro side along with RGC. This would have dramatically improved the standard of rugby. If I were the four pro sides I’d send the best young talent on their books to play in the English Championship where they will learn and develop considerably more than they would playing alongside amateur players. At the end of the day these players are the employees of the four pro sides they can legally put them wherever they want. I’ll get ridiculed for this but until the pro game splits from the amateur game rugby in Wales is f***d.

I agree that the pro clubs should love it or leave it.
However the game in Wales has had enough social engineering-reduce fixtures,raise standards.Reduce clubs ,raise standards.Reduce players,raise standards.This has been the mantra in Wales for a long time......what's the result?Where has it got us?It's got us to the rubbish tip we are now.Players who hardly play,but who retire later than ever before.Weeks between games.Boring,slow rugby.Hammerings against quite ordinary sides every year.Gravy trains.Complete lack of interest in the community.Yes,separation is required for the pro sides-go,strike out,show courage!But you cannot expect others to fast for you to get fat.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2022 at 10:29am
Not transfer news but RFC playing Llandeilo tonight 6.30 pm in Llandeilo for anybody interested 
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 9:41pm

Ebbw Vale RFC is delighted to announce the signing of Amir Walji who joins us from Llanelli RFC. Amir has a wealth of experience playing in the Welsh Premiership and will add size and pace to the Steelmen backline and can feature at centre or on the wing.

On joining Ebbw Amir said; “I’m over the moon to be joining a big club like Ebbw Vale. I’m looking forward to getting stuck into pre season and excited to be a part of the rebuild.”

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Ebbw Vale RFC is delighted to announce the signing of Amir Walji who joins us from Llanelli RFC. Amir has a wealth of experience playing in the Welsh Premiership and will add size and pace to the Steelmen backline and can feature at centre or on the wing.

On joining Ebbw Amir said; “I’m over the moon to be joining a big club like Ebbw Vale. I’m looking forward to getting stuck into pre season and excited to be a part of the rebuild.”

must be a decent wedge up there. Big loss him to the Rfc 
Llanelli1963 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llanelli1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2022 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

must be a decent wedge up there. Big loss him to the Rfc 
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic