Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions 2021 Schedule updated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lions 2021 Schedule updated
    Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:43am
DATE TIME       VENUE TV
Saturday 26th June TBC B&I Lions vs Japan BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh Channel 4
Saturday 3rd July 17:00 Emirates Lions vs B&I Lions Emirates Airline Park, Johannesburg Sky
Wednesday 7th July 18:00 Cell C Sharks vs B&I Lions Emirates Airline Park, Johannesburg Sky
Saturday 10th July 17:00 Vodacom Bulls vs B&I Lions Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria Sky
Wednesday 14th July 19:00 South Africa A vs B&I Lions Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town Sky
Saturday 17th July 17:00 DHL Stormers vs B&I Lions Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town Sky
Saturday 24th July 17:00 South Africa vs B&I Lions Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town Sky
Saturday 31st July 17:00 South Africa vs B&I Lions FNB Stadium, Johannesburg Sky
Saturday 8th August 17:00 South Africa vs B&I Lions FNB Stadium, Johannesburg Sky

Edited by minded - 07 July 2021 at 9:50am
Sponsored Links

Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:21am
3rd July might be a bit hard for the commentators! The Lions are attacking, no not that Lions, the other one!LOL
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:29am
I'm hoping we are able to keep our tickets to watch the Japan match.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:59am
Unfortunately I can’t see this tour going ahead. It was bizarre to agree to it in SA.

SA is on the brink of another case surge. Cases have doubled over the last 72 hours. All the standard precautions are of course in play, but the sheer number players and staff involved in the fixture list when set against the infection rate, will mean cases are inevitable, and the schedule will get unhinged.

See IPL.

When a small group of players from 2 teams i.e. as in cricket, can stay in a bubble then it has a chance. Even then it’s still likely to throw up the odd case. Multiple team events or events with multiple players in an arena with a double digit infection rate just doesn’t work, despite everyone’s best intention.

Sorry to be grim.

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 10:21am
I said a while back that I thought they should push the SA tour back 4 years and then do a Lions tour in France this summer. Would’ve been something different and could’ve had a lot of meaningful club games. 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

I said a while back that I thought they should push the SA tour back 4 years and then do a Lions tour in France this summer. Would’ve been something different and could’ve had a lot of meaningful club games. 

Australia is in 4 years. Should have done South Africa this year over here just test matches. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:05pm
16,500 supporters will be allowed to attend the Lions v Japan match at Murrayfield as it stands. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 1:27pm
Its a full programme and it seems such high risk to me with all the people interactions and movements against a background of significant infection rates. The safety procedures would have to be high quality and I just see Covid infections and cancellations . It should have been Test games in the U.K. only imo. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 4:53pm
Did I read that SA schools rugby has stopped due to COVID?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:59pm
Suppose in a worst case scenario a player contracts long term Covid, would the player be insured I wonder ?

Just thought I'd throw it into the mix !
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Suppose in a worst case scenario a player contracts long term Covid, would the player be insured I wonder ?

Just thought I'd throw it into the mix !
One for Doc?

Also, how much time has to elapse before a long Covid diagnosis?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2021 at 6:47am
Springboks squad, bar a couple of retirements and an injury is pretty much made up of 2019 RWC winning players ( 29 of the 37). 8 new caps too.
Morne and Frans Steyn were in the 2009 SA squad for the last Lions tour.

SA have two ‘warm up’ games v Georgia in early July.

Without wishing to put a dampener on things, and as I mentioned a few weeks ago, Covid cases continue to rise in SA.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2021 at 11:22am
The Springboks squad is very, very strong. Their pool of second rows to choose from is ridiculous.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2021 at 1:10pm
Apparently Sinckler has been called up because of an injury to Porter. A massive shame for Porter but considering the quality, no big loss for the Lions.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2021 at 2:30pm
The tour should have been postponed for another season.  The biggest thing about any lions tour is the amount of traveling support from the home nations and the amount of local revenue that comes from that travelling support.
SA will get some money from hosting the lions and TV revenue etc, but they will miss out on all the money spent by 10 to 20 thousand travelling fans who usually follow the lions.  This is money that a lot is SA businesses were banking on and the local economies really rely on.
By the way, does anyone know what the Lions team coaches (as in posh buses) were doing in PYS on Friday.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2021 at 2:33pm
Saving up for the 2025 tour already. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic