Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby selling out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 11:59am
As above all signs pointing to the whole 6 nations on BBC & ITV.
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:13pm
I’d rather pay than watch the ITV pundits. LOL
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Looks like the 6 nations will remain on BBC & ITV with Amazon happy to settle for Autumn International matches only.

Yeah, and I don’t think this will be too bad for Wales pov as Amazon will host most of the England games as they command the biggest audience. 

So wales could end up having just the England game on prime which would most likely also be on S4C. 

Sorry was under the impression that Amazon, ITV and BBC might split the tournament between them. But what you’re saying is that Amazon is pitching for the Autumn Internationals and 6N might remain solely on BBC / ITV, which is really good news.

Edited by dyniol53 - 26 March 2021 at 12:20pm
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I’d rather pay than watch the ITV pundits. LOL

Christ, this year I fully just tuned in at Kick off and tuned out at half-time for the ITV games. 

The Club of 2003 are just terrible pundits.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Looks like the 6 nations will remain on BBC & ITV with Amazon happy to settle for Autumn International matches only.

Yeah, and I don’t think this will be too bad for Wales pov as Amazon will host most of the England games as they command the biggest audience. 

So wales could end up having just the England game on prime which would most likely also be on S4C. 

Sorry was under the impression that Amazon, ITV and BBC might split the tournament between them. But what you’re saying is that Amazon is pitching for the Autumn Internationals and 6N might remain solely on BBC / ITV, which is really good news.

Yes this is what is being reported.

Will be great news for the smaller clubs in Wales too.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:01pm
It's probably the deal which keeps most people happy for the time being. Make as much money as you can from the AIs, with the 6N remaining on F2A for the time being.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:09pm
If thats true can't see CVC being very happy unless of course terrestial TV have paid top dollar which will be criticised in other quarters. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

If thats true can't see CVC being very happy unless of course terrestial TV have paid top dollar which will be criticised in other quarters. 

I guess that's the power of 2 bidders joining up, they might not have enough to outbid the bigger players but if they pool their resources then who knows.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I read something a few days ago that the Director General of the BBC had authorised a higher bid for the Six Nations rights. If it’s even close to the pay tv bids then it’s a no brainer to select that bid because of the increasing publicity and sponsorship that a FTA tournament would bring.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by PenScarlet44 PenScarlet44 wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

What’s he gonna do, pull Wales out of the six nations if it isn’t on S4C? He can fight for it but there’s not much else he can do. Early signs are that it’s going to Amazon. £11.98 to watch the six nations? Bargain. 

Not compared to £0.00 though - maybe have a word with your accountant!
Don't you pay your TV licence?

Yes - for which I get rather a lot more than just a few games of rugby. Perhaps you didn't spot that?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:41pm

What’s he gonna do, pull Wales out of the six nations if it isn’t on S4C? He can fight for it but there’s not much else he can do. Early signs are that it’s going to Amazon. £11.98 to watch the six nations? Bargain. 

Yes - for which I get rather a lot more than just a few games of rugby. Perhaps you didn't spot that?

My point was that if it was going behind a pay wall then Amazon is the cheapest. 
PenScarlet44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PenScarlet44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 3:43pm

I have to pay that just to watch a few games of rugby , the BBC is awful
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 6:35am

Your comment doesn't make sense unless you don't watch anything else.

As for Amazon - have they to date broadcast any rugby? Do we know who they'll employ as commentators? Dallaglio and his ilk, maybe? I'd pay NOT to watch that!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 6:37am

My point was that if it was going behind a pay wall then Amazon is the cheapest

Fair enough.

You are confident, then, that if it were to happen, the pricing would stay the same? I wish I had inside knowledge of Jeff Bezos's mind, too... how did he get to be the world's richest man, I wonder?
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 10:50am

As for Amazon - have they to date broadcast any rugby? Do we know who they'll employ as commentators? Dallaglio and his ilk, maybe? I'd pay NOT to watch that!

They did the autumn nations cup, among others were Dylan Hartley and Sam Warburton, if was a little English-centric at times but I thought they did a great job, few weird angles on a few games but on the whole it was a good effort I thought. Warburton was a great co-commentater gave great incite into why penalties had been given, what was the thinking behind certain plays/decisions etc.

Edited by gnasher1975 - 27 March 2021 at 10:51am
PenScarlet44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PenScarlet44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 12:42pm

How doesn't it make sense , I have to pay a TV licence , even though I don't watch any BBC rubbish , apart from a few rugby games, make the BBC a subscription
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic