Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Amazon Prime set to broadcast the Autumn matches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon Prime set to broadcast the Autumn matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

yeah cos amazon are well known for giving money away back willy nillyLOL

if people think amazon prime or any other pay as you go tv set up will get bigger crowds watching 6 nations rugby sides than free to air tv does they are wrong, it's as simple as that

It's a volume thing obviously with Amazon, it's value for money, and it's pretty difficult to argue against that.

Parking the fact if we don't take the biggest deals we may not even be an option to watch anywhere viewing habits are going in a very clear direction, every metric you can find suggests that even the likes of BT and Sky services are going to lose the battle for viewers against the likes of Amazon and Netflix let alone free to air TV.

Arguing the direction of travel for how people will watch sport, movies and any form of entertainment is just bonkers.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Can pubs show live sport At mo? I forget under the new laws
Yes they can

Nice one, didn;t amazon do a deal with pubs with BT so they could show the football they had last xmas time?

Personally not a fan of being sat in the house watching the sport, much rather go the game or at the very  the pub or club
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

yeah cos amazon are well known for giving money away back willy nillyLOL

if people think amazon prime or any other pay as you go tv set up will get bigger crowds watching 6 nations rugby sides than free to air tv does they are wrong, it's as simple as that

It's a volume thing obviously with Amazon, it's value for money, and it's pretty difficult to argue against that.

Parking the fact if we don't take the biggest deals we may not even be an option to watch anywhere viewing habits are going in a very clear direction, every metric you can find suggests that even the likes of BT and Sky services are going to lose the battle for viewers against the likes of Amazon and Netflix let alone free to air TV.

Arguing the direction of travel for how people will watch sport, movies and any form of entertainment is just bonkers.

Free to air tv will always have the most viewers every stat in the uk backs that up it's not even a debate

Your right in saying the way people watch tv in the future will change but change isn't always for the better but as you point it is inevitable

I have amazon prime so it won't affect me but there is no way anyone can convince me the viewing figures will be higher for a game on amazon prime, or bt or sky sports than on  free to air tv
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 4:26pm
I'm not arguing that, but the rights will go where the money is, and people will eventually watch it on that platform, whether that's in the pub or at home.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

I'm not arguing that, but the rights will go where the money is, and people will eventually watch it on that platform, whether that's in the pub or at home.

Like Sky and BT sports. Football was once free to air but over time pay TV is now the norm. 
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 9:53pm
There is no free TV , prime is £79 for a year , the BBC which shows utter dross cost £157 for a year , prime gives you next day delivery , music and Kindle books

Edited by BlackwoodScarlet - 11 September 2020 at 9:53pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 11:33pm
If you watch everything on a device powered by battery you don’t need a licence. But that’s taking it to extremes. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 8:50am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Here’s your workaround for Amazon video

The rugby is on for two months. Amazon video is free for one month then £5.99. After the first month has gone go online and cancel before it renews. £5.99 for the whole tournament. 

Any students in the household can get it free for 6 months. 

So basically £5.99 is the most you’ll pay if you want to watch the whole tournament. Or if you’re really tight, cancel the trial before the 30 days then rejoin with another email account for another free 30 days. 

Plus access to their Black Friday sales and free postage and lower Amazon prices for Xmas to boot if you go for the £7.99 prime option. 

Classic - why isn't this man involved in the Brexit negotiations. Clap

Edited by SA14 - 13 September 2020 at 8:37pm
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 10:05am
Excellent news. Amazon is a big player, a great platform and we need the money.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 10:13am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Are we talking about the same Amazon that pays the UK exchequer peanuts in taxes?.  I'll try and avoid giving them my money.

Absolutely!! They are helping to kill the High Street and denying the country tax that would have been paid by a non on-line shop we might otherwise have used (the tax situation is a scandal). I only buy from Amazon if I really really can't find what I need elsewhere and, although only average income, I'm happy to pay a bit extra to buy from our local Argos, PC World etc.

I'll watch the highlights on Channel 4 (I believe they are showing highlights of all matches and a few full ones). Though I may do as SA14 suggests (as that gives little or no money to Amazon).
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 10:45am
It’s a digital world. Amazon llead the way.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 10:51am
Before we get too involved in the financial morals of Jeff Besos and his pals ask yourselves the question of what does Premier Sport contribute to our exchequer? I will gladly announce that I have been an Amazon prime member for many years. The benefits on just shipping costs alone more than compensate for the annual fee. 

As for their tax affairs it is for the UK government to make those decisions to make sure that UK PLC is treated fairly by the multitude of online organisations and high end individuals including dodgy geezers from Vladivostock, Eastern Europe and the Middle East to name just a few. Besos operates within Uk laws which points the responsibility fairly and squarely at the system which allows it to happen not the individuals who operate efficiently within that system. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 11:00am
Good post.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 11:55am
It’s not an ideal situation but Amazon has other benefits too. Look into it. £7.99 is a pretty good price. Plus there’s workarounds. Another cheapy route is to apply to be a student with one of those online courses. It classes you as a student and gives you prime free for 6 months then £3.99 after that. 

Imagine if you were football crazy too. You’d be looking at subscriptions of £40+
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 3:11pm
It may be cheap now but as their monopoly grows the prices will soon hike up as they did with sky tv...The Amazon monopoly, has grown ever more disturbing during lockdown. The endless politicians that have popped up through the EU and devolved governments in recent times, have done nothing to stop it or even tax it. Theres too many politicians but even more lobbyists. Hence competition is wiped out, Bezos will one day become the first trillionaire if he doesnt divorce every year, meanwhile the high street is wiped out and the tax paid to the treasury for our public services will continue to diminish 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 4:01pm
High Streets were always going to suffer as are out of town centres. The digital world is with us and like it or not it will be with us for the foreseeable future. Businesses need to stay relevant. High streets have been struggling for years with most populated by betting & charity shops. 

Amazon provide a fantastic service with next day delivery to your door at very competitive prices. Time for High Streets to be re-developed into affordable housing for our growing population. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic