Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli 14-20 Swansea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Llanelli 14-20 Swansea
    Posted: 28 December 2019 at 6:33pm
Just saw this score. Gutted.
Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2019 at 10:20pm
So unfair on Llanelli RFC as two of their players on loan to the Ospreys and played last night could have made the difference and a win! Unhappy
"YMA O HYD"
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2019 at 3:33pm

A decent crowd on a dry afternoon, and not a young Scarlet released to play .
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

So unfair on Llanelli RFC as two of their players on loan to the Ospreys and played last night could have made the difference and a win! Unhappy
It comes down to money. Offload two wages to the Ospreys for 6 months. I can understand that as long as we keep the RFC at mid table this season. We cannot have a repeat of last season and relegation stresses for Llanelli 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2019 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Disappointing as a win at home is so important for supporters 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2019 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

[QUOTE=157cb]
Disappointing as a win at home is so important for supporters [/QUOTE

The RFC were not helped by losing at least five players to injury .A special mention to Harry Breeze an 18 year old Academy openside who joined from the Exiles, excellent impact from the bench and a try .
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2019 at 9:54pm
i was at the game really enjoyed. They did have the edge in the scrum the missing props were a big blow.  That second half took over an hour!!
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2019 at 11:56pm
Just hope Simon and Rhys will be released back to the Scarlets if they have an injury crisis with their props as we don't know how the season will progress!
"YMA O HYD"
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 12:31am

Just hope Simon and Rhys will be released back to the Scarlets if they have an injury crisis with their props as we don't know how the season will progress!

Didn't somebody on here say they are gone for good? 
Scarlets before Wales
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 9:10am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

To be honest neither played for us week in week out which is part of the challenge of being owned by the Scarlets and v Swansea we had no Scarlets Squad or Academy boys available despite it being a local home derby over holiday period. 

Edited by reesytheexile - 30 December 2019 at 9:11am
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 12:11pm
Just wondering where we’re Tom James and prydie? There’s still a few that should be around to play?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Just wondering where we’re Tom James and prydie? There’s still a few that should be around to play?
Tom has been injured and may only just about have recovered from his hamstring, iirc. Don’t know re Tom.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

To be honest neither played for us week in week out which is part of the challenge of being owned by the Scarlets and v Swansea we had no Scarlets Squad or Academy boys available despite it being a local home derby over holiday period. 

the young rfc full back looked a nice player, thought the jacks hooker and 9 were good

The rfc looked really young (or am I getting old!) why didn't guys like ioan or dan davis get released to the rfc?
sospantwm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sospantwm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 6:22pm
Such a shame that we could not have won this game, as it would have provided extra daylight between RFC and those at the bottom of table. Just hope more academy and fringe players are available in the forthcoming weeks, as I obviously makes a big difference. We MUST avoid another end of season dogfight.
By the way, this is my first post on the forum, having just been reading it for the last few years.I have supported Llanelli, now scarlets since I was a boy, and have been a season ticket holder for as long as can remember. Its been a journey that started as a youngster in the south stand at stradey, to the tanner bank, and now the north stand at Parc. "Once a scarlet always a Scarlet"
"rugby..its a thinking game"..Carwyn james
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by sospantwm sospantwm wrote:

Such a shame that we could not have won this game, as it would have provided extra daylight between RFC and those at the bottom of table. Just hope more academy and fringe players are available in the forthcoming weeks, as I obviously makes a big difference. We MUST avoid another end of season dogfight.
By the way, this is my first post on the forum, having just been reading it for the last few years.I have supported Llanelli, now scarlets since I was a boy, and have been a season ticket holder for as long as can remember. Its been a journey that started as a youngster in the south stand at stradey, to the tanner bank, and now the north stand at Parc. "Once a scarlet always a Scarlet"

Welcome. Looking forward to hearing your opinions and rumour mongering. LOL

I too started in the standing area of the South stand near the 22 towards the Town End side, with my father in the 70s. As an older teenager and into my 20s and 30s it was the standing area of Tanner Bank with mt friends. Living overseas I get to Y Parc about once every other year. Cry
Scarlets before Wales
sospantwm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospantwm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 1:19am
Thanks..nice to communicate from another longstanding supporter, ,like a number on here from a similar era. I never stood in the enclosure at stradey, unless it was raining hard, although there were benefits of being close to the action.It was generally the tanner bank,in my youth , moving on to the north stand, when it was built. Ironically that stand because of its design, kept us a little drier that the north stand at parc, where, if the element are blowing our way.you can get a little wet at times at the front..LOL
"rugby..its a thinking game"..Carwyn james
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic