Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kenny Dalglish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2016 at 7:58am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I didn't know that.

His behaviour in the executive seats left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. I was sat about 20 seats away (not in the executive area!!) and when Liverpool scored, he and his group were on their feet fist pumping and arms aloft. That's fine for the paying punter but it's not what you'd expect from the visiting dignitaries. He had Stoke owner, Peter Coates, and President, Gordon Banks, seated nearby.
I often sit in this seat or one around it and I've not seen behaviour like that from other team's bigwigs - and that includes the likes of Spurs' Daniel Levy and West Brom's Jeremy Pease.

So you wouldn't expect a Liverpool legend to celebrate when they score? Confused

I resurrect this topic because of an incident that occurred earlier this week.

David Beckham was in the Directors' Box at Stamford Bridge to watch Chelsea v Paris SG (Beckham's old club).
Security had to defuse a situation where a Chelsea vice-President took issue with Beckham for applauding PSG's first goal. Beckham was told to calm down.
There's an etiquette to being an opposition guest in the Directors' Box.

Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2016 at 12:13pm
That sums up football - sit there and shut up if in the 'away' section. Vile game.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2016 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

That sums up football - sit there and shut up if in the 'away' section. Vile game.

In context, imagine sitting next to all the Scarlets greats in the posh seats during an important cup game at Parc y Scarlets and Leicester score and Austin Healey is bouncing up and down. Wouldn't you want to batter him?

Sorry, I'll rephrase. Imagine seeing Austin Healey within 10 miles of Parc y Scarlets. Wouldn't you want to batter him?

Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2016 at 1:41pm
On the footie subject, is it true Man Utd fans were singing about the Hillsborough disaster last night and canting something about murderers?
#George
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2016 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

In context, imagine sitting next to all the Scarlets greats in the posh seats during an important cup game at Parc y Scarlets and Leicester score and Austin Healey is bouncing up and down. Wouldn't you want to batter him?

Sorry, I'll rephrase. Imagine seeing Austin Healey within 10 miles of Parc y Scarlets. Wouldn't you want to batter him?

Your right really I guess. Can't see the harm in modest joy but it is a question of degree! I once had to go to a posh Awards ceremony  in London and Mr Healey was the MC - he was just the same as his public image ( at least he is consistent! ) ie gobby, sarcastic and no lover of the Welsh! Although it's all part of his marketing I suspect. 

Mike Brown could think of that when he retires! LOL

Edited by reesytheexile - 11 March 2016 at 2:18pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2016 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

On the footie subject, is it true Man Utd fans were singing about the Hillsborough disaster last night and canting something about murderers?
Seems part of the accepted wind up in football. I feel FA should clamp down and order a game behind closed doors for such conduct - it will only talk 2-3 matches to be penalised like that as fans will self police the clowns then.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2016 at 2:49pm

Seems part of the accepted wind up in football. I feel FA should clamp down and order a game behind closed doors for such conduct - it will only talk 2-3 matches to be penalised like that as fans will self police the clowns then.

Apparently they chanted something along the lines of "The Sun were right to call you murderers" or something similar.

There are sometimes humorous chants. Stoke were singing "Joe Hart has a flaky scalp" (because he advertises Head & Shoulders). He laughed and put his thumbs up (it's on You Tube).
They also chant "Let's all do the Wenger" and wave their arms around. This was in response to Wenger once having a tantrum at Stoke.

Mind you, they also boo Aaron Ramsey which I find uncomfortable.

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2016 at 7:17pm

This is unfortunately true - United have told their so-called 'fans' that it is not acceptable.

I read an interesting article recently, which recalled happier times - it seems that Shankly congratulated MU on their first European Cup, and mentioned close friendships between players from the two sides - though there were also unpleasant incidents. It's a good read:

Fortunately, we are a long way from that in rugby despite the occasional fracas... I doubt things will get any worse tomorrow than the Welsh fans telling the English what to do with their chariots (what a boring song, but it's the only one they have) - if we win.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2016 at 7:53pm
If you want to see the difference between football and rugby supporters, choose any Premier League team's forum and have a look. If you think people can be mardy on Scarletfever, it's Play School compared to football fans who can be brutal if they disagree with your point of view.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic