Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kenny Dalglish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kenny Dalglish
    Posted: 06 January 2016 at 10:57am
I just have to relay this story from last night.

I was at Stoke (having seen them lose to Liverpool) and, as I was staying in the hotel next to the Britannia, hung around after the game to get something signed by Gordon Banks. After around 25 minutes since the end of the game, there were only myself and three other blokes around, stood outside the main reception. The other blokes were waiting for their mate to come out of hospitality.
Even though there were no people around, the road and car park was gridlocked.

Anyway, out comes Kenny Dalglish and one of the three fellas asks him for a photo - so Kenny legs it. I've never seen anything more ridiculous in my life. What was he thinking? He wasn't going to get mobbed by one bloke (nobody else moved) and he was hardly in a rush to get to his car as the traffic was going nowhere.

I don't know if it was the ultimate prima-Donna in Dalglish or what, but he just looked stupid. I suppose it didn't help, mind, that the guy instinctively ran after him.

Totally bizarre situation!

Edited by Abbey - 06 January 2016 at 6:51pm
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 6:38pm
Doesn't surprise me. I think he's got history for that.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 6:58pm
I didn't know that.

His behaviour in the executive seats left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. I was sat about 20 seats away (not in the executive area!!) and when Liverpool scored, he and his group were on their feet fist pumping and arms aloft. That's fine for the paying punter but it's not what you'd expect from the visiting dignitaries. He had Stoke owner, Peter Coates, and President, Gordon Banks, seated nearby.
I often sit in this seat or one around it and I've not seen behaviour like that from other team's bigwigs - and that includes the likes of Spurs' Daniel Levy and West Brom's Jeremy Pease.

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 7:01pm

meh I try not to judge...maybe he had an emergency, maybe he left the toaster on, maybe he was rushing home to watch the mighty boosh , maybe another grand child was on the way, maybe he had the sh*ts or maybe he was just being an anus horribulus.....

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 8:03pm
I just had visions of him getting to his car, joining the queue and having to drive past these three guys at a snail's pace.

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 1:02pm
Ask  Nicky Robinson who is married to his daughter
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 3:27pm
What speed are we talking about here from Kenny? Full sprint or awkward shuffle?
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I didn't know that.

His behaviour in the executive seats left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. I was sat about 20 seats away (not in the executive area!!) and when Liverpool scored, he and his group were on their feet fist pumping and arms aloft. That's fine for the paying punter but it's not what you'd expect from the visiting dignitaries. He had Stoke owner, Peter Coates, and President, Gordon Banks, seated nearby.
I often sit in this seat or one around it and I've not seen behaviour like that from other team's bigwigs - and that includes the likes of Spurs' Daniel Levy and West Brom's Jeremy Pease.

So you wouldn't expect a Liverpool legend to celebrate when they score? Confused
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

I didn't know that.

So you wouldn't expect a Liverpool legend to celebrate when they score? Confused

Not bouncing like a kid, no. Have some dignity when in the director's box, mun. You never see Phil Bennett doing that in the Parc y Scarlets stand 😉

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

What speed are we talking about here from Kenny? Full sprint or awkward shuffle?

Full on sprint. I haven't laughed so much at such a ridiculous sight for a while.

Edited by Abbey - 07 January 2016 at 7:07pm
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 5:36pm

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Full on sprint. I haven't laughed so much at such a ridiculous site for a while.

I would like to have seen this. He must have been genuinely scared of something.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 7:10pm
On the subject of Liverpool (and saying this as a Stoke fan), Klopp is a genius tactician who, when he gets his own squad and pre-season, is capable of winning the league.

The way he nullified Stoke's false no 9 and the pressing defence was amazing. The current shower at Liverpool don't have it in them to do this consistently, but with his own signings, it'll come.

He spent the warm-up stood on the half way, arms folded, just watching Stoke prepare.

Liverpool fans - covet what you have.

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 7:35pm

I didn't know that.

Not bouncing like a kid, no. Have some dignity when in the director's box, mun. You never see Phil Bennett doing that in the Parc y Scarlets stand 😉

Don't see why former players should not show passion. Owners, on the other hand, usually see football clubs as investments - or money-laundering operations in some cases! The running away, though, does sound bizarre... (BTW - first time I ever heard of Dalglish, he was shown on 'Grandstand' as a young lad, scoring 5 (yes, FIVE) goals for Celtic some time before he joined L'pool.)

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I didn't know that.

Don't see why former players should not show passion. Owners, on the other hand, usually see football clubs as investments - or money-laundering operations in some cases! The running away, though, does sound bizarre... (BTW - first time I ever heard of Dalglish, he was shown on 'Grandstand' as a young lad, scoring 5 (yes, FIVE) goals for Celtic some time before he joined L'pool.)

Perhaps it looked worse as nobody else moved. I was also miffed that Liverpool had scored!

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 5:11pm
did he do the chris eubank backwards walk? or worse still the tom green one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p_x9IN6894
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 6:53pm
Interestingly and coincidentally, I've just seen an anecdote about Ed Stewart (who died today). He was in the posh seats at Chelsea, as an Everton fan. Celebrated when Everton scored and was warned by security not to do it again.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic