Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Carmarthen Quins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carmarthen Quins squad 2013/14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Y Brawd Houdini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y Brawd Houdini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carmarthen Quins squad 2013/14
    Posted: 05 July 2013 at 4:29pm
Iolo Evans was at RGC last season, where he player more at 13 - his best position as he hasn't quite got the pace for a winger IMO. He was also involved with Wales 7s and played at the Twickenham leg of the series. Played 7s as an invitational player for London Welsh. Has the potential to be a good player
Sponsored Links

scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:48pm
Rob Evans should take a Richard Kelly type role this season. I'm impressed by the 20's th Gareth Thomas. We are developing up front nicely let's hope we can hang on to these players.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

That's quite a strong squad for Prem level. They could be up there pushing for the playoffs.

I'm a bit surprised the Quins have been allocated both Rob Evans and Gareth Thomas. They're both young loose heads and Quins already have Ian Jones in that position who is a solid Premiership player.

I would've preferred one of the young props to be put with the RFC or Llandovery.
I would prefer Rob Evans with the Scarlets. It's time he was given his head at regional level.

He looks a good prospect but didn't play much rugby last season. He should prove himself in the Premiership first.

Danny Wilson seems a good judge of when a forward is ready to step up, so when his game is up there with Rhodri and Phil I'm sure he'll get an opportunity.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:12pm
Either Rob Evans (our British Lion Loosehead ) or Rhodri needs to take over Phil John's place this year because he isn't Rabo standard against the top teams and we can't expect him to have another season with as much work as he put in last year.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

That's quite a strong squad for Prem level. They could be up there pushing for the playoffs.

I'm a bit surprised the Quins have been allocated both Rob Evans and Gareth Thomas. They're both young loose heads and Quins already have Ian Jones in that position who is a solid Premiership player.

I would've preferred one of the young props to be put with the RFC or Llandovery.
I would prefer Rob Evans with the Scarlets. It's time he was given his head at regional level.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:34pm

Crug Mawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crug Mawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:18am
Originally posted by the ezmanoid the ezmanoid wrote:

I guy I work with has been raving about Javan Sebastian for a while he's absolutely convinced Javan has the potential to play for Scarlets and Wales. Any thoughts of those who have seen him play?

Saw him play in the U18 Regional final and the U18 International v England. Very strong scrummager but also a strong ball carrier. Certainly a great prospect.
'Some players act hard. Delme just was. His presence could lift any side.'

omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:45pm
When I first saw Iolo Evans come on as replacement for Llanelli at Pontypwl he  played like a young Grav. Unfortunately his confidence and handling skills deserted him and toward the end of his time with Llanelli even if he did take a pass cleanly he wasn't sure whether to pass on or carry so he frequently slowed an attack down. Let's hope he gets his confidence back with the Quins and we see more of that confident aggression back in his game.
the ezmanoid View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the ezmanoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:31pm
I guy I work with has been raving about Javan Sebastian for a while he's absolutely convinced Javan has the potential to play for Scarlets and Wales. Any thoughts of those who have seen him play?
what is point?
Crug Mawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crug Mawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Is that Iolo Evans who's down as outside centre the one that was with Llanelli year before last? Big guy but lost a big of pace? Glad he's back in the region as if he can find his pace again he could be a handy squad player for the region.

Yes

Great thanks.

Will look forward to see how he gets on with Quins.

Where was he last season? Any idea?

Last I saw of Iolo was playing for what was badged as a London Welsh team in the JP Morgan 7's up at Sale last season, after he was released by us. Not sure where he played after that though.

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:14pm
North Wales .

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Is that Iolo Evans who's down as outside centre the one that was with Llanelli year before last? Big guy but lost a big of pace? Glad he's back in the region as if he can find his pace again he could be a handy squad player for the region.

Yes

Great thanks.

Will look forward to see how he gets on with Quins.

Where was he last season? Any idea?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:07pm

Yes
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:06pm
Crug Mawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crug Mawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:02pm
Thanks for posting this Mark - a lot of talent there as you say.

Will be very interested to see how Jevan Sebastian performs at this next level.

omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:42pm
Gareth Thomas down as a tight-head with Javan Sebastian.
Let Jon Gardiner's progress be a lesson for those who always think the grass (or money) is greener on the Leicester or even Connacht side of the border and that he settles down to prosper first for Quins and then the Scarlets.

What are the chances of a similar table for Llanelli and the Scarlets before October? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic