Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$56,000 for a heart attack!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I asked an American visitor te other day why the US was so against universal healthcare and his answer was that Americans don't want their money paying for other people to receive free treatment.

Believe it or not there are Tories working with me who have the same view...

Big bug-bear of mine! I'm an asthmatic, not through choice, yet I have to pay for me prescriptions, yet fag ashers that smoke and want to quit smoking get free help!!! Angry

Move back to Wales, mate - prescriptions are free here!Wink
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 8:12am
Everyone deserves health care we are supposed to be humane and civilised mun,
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTKuJH6koOw

American road trip - Matt Frei

Watch from 24 minutes to 28 minutes

Uninsured american man has heart attack, is charged $56,000 for his 36 hours in hospital
then told he needs cancer treatment, that will cost him $110,000
Meanwhile his property value has fallen to $130,000 , so even if he sells his home and lives in a box, he still cant afford to get treatment

This isnt an anti american thread, its an anti mitt romnesia thread.

Under obamacare he would be covered as would approx 50 million uninsured americans, romnesia wants to abolish all of obamacare.

Thankfully in Wales and Great Britain, this is something the visionary Lloyd george began 100 years ago with contributions, taxation and the welfare state and the great Neu Bevan fully implemented with the NHS 60 odd years ago!

This election is massively important to all americans and will probably have a lot of repercussions for us too!
Don't suppose said individual had insurance cover then Confused Healthcare insurance in the states is more important than your buildings and contents insurance as there is no NHS style cover, yet so many Americans neglect having it, but are the first to complain when they need it (and don't have it).
Aye just like the part-time £6 an hour lot in our country who don't save for their future mun. 
Mrfwon you frighten meShocked
Up the bum no harm done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic