Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v England RWC Warm Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Pretty sure the first Ireland game will be a squad run out. everything points to that. There are a few shirts up for grabs, but not many.Samson and Leon are probably vying for 1 place on the plane, whether Patch or Jarod (or both) go at the expense of a SH ( I expect Tomos Williams will get a run if fit).

Other than that for me the vast majority of the squad that played the last 2 weeks will be 31.
For me if fit Samson is a shoe in for the squad. As great as Dillon Lewis is around the park he really isn’t very good in the scrums.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Pretty sure the first Ireland game will be a squad run out. everything points to that. There are a few shirts up for grabs, but not many.Samson and Leon are probably vying for 1 place on the plane, whether Patch or Jarod (or both) go at the expense of a SH ( I expect Tomos Williams will get a run if fit).

Other than that for me the vast majority of the squad that played the last 2 weeks will be 31.
For me if fit Samson is a shoe in for the squad. As great as Dillon Lewis is around the park he really isn’t very good in the scrums.
read Tomos Williams is injured for upto 6 weeks with a shoulder injury. Out for the Irish games but should be fit for World Cup if selected.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 6:33pm

Absolutely.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

whats the latest with samson and robs injuries?
No idea but Gatland keeps saying he has a clean bill of health selection wise (before the 2nd England game). despite Tomos Williams being out for about 8wks and Anscombes season over..so no idea whos fit and whos not.
James Davies, Aaron Wainwright and Jake Ball struggling for next few weeks apparently.  
I posted this about jake during our season he has a few games and gets injured ,to me he is not value for money for the scarlets,tin hat on but he never has a good run of games.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

whats the latest with samson and robs injuries?
No idea but Gatland keeps saying he has a clean bill of health selection wise (before the 2nd England game). despite Tomos Williams being out for about 8wks and Anscombes season over..so no idea whos fit and whos not.
James Davies, Aaron Wainwright and Jake Ball struggling for next few weeks apparently.  

I posted this about jake during our season he has a few games and gets injured ,to me he is not value for money for the scarlets,tin hat on but he never has a good run of games.

Our main problem at y parc was that jake was our main carrier. Thus putting his body on the line each carry. Now we have recruited another carrying SR, plus Rob will be fully fit(fingers crossed) aftervthe WC. Put Blade into that equation and weve got 4 good carriers. Hopefully thus will take sone of the burden off jake. Plus weve got cannon ball ken too.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 9:10pm

Both coaches have agreed both games will be squad run outs for both teams. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

I would give leon brown a run out. We all have seen dillon lewis and he's not the answer at TH
brown is worse. Lewis is a good impact sub but he is a poor scrummager so can’t start at this level
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 11:25am

both will go well take 6 props
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 12:43pm
You may recall when England & Wales had some scrummaging practice at Bristol I think pre six nations or Autumn games. The word was that Mako Vunipola could do nothing with Brown who made a total mess of him which resulted in a free for all. Brown & Carre are big units and carry hard. If/when they get to test level at scrumtime they are going to be real handfuls.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 1:37pm
Gatland is naming his RWC on the 1st September I think so I would imagine that the first test against Ireland will be a possibles XV ( I would imagine Ireland may well be the same), with the return match in Dublin featuring much stronger line ups. Therefore I think we may see 40 mins each for Patch & Evans at 10. Depending on how they are coming along I'm not sure if Rob Evs & Samson will be risked for the home match.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I would give leon brown a run out. We all have seen dillon lewis and he's not the answer at TH
brown is worse. Lewis is a good impact sub but he is a poor scrummager so can’t start at this level

Brown is the better prop by far. Maybe not as mobile at the breakdown, but better scrummager, carrier and a bigger unit for impact. Lewis is vety lucky to have had the oppirtunities hes had considering the TH's available.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Gatland is naming his RWC on the 1st September I think so I would imagine that the first test against Ireland will be a possibles XV ( I would imagine Ireland may well be the same), with the return match in Dublin featuring much stronger line ups. Therefore I think we may see 40 mins each for Patch & Evans at 10. Depending on how they are coming along I'm not sure if Rob Evs & Samson will be risked for the home match.

Yes that is my understanding too. I think once the 31 are announced the remainder have to be released back to their clubs.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 5:08pm

Brown is the better prop by far. Maybe not as mobile at the breakdown, but better scrummager, carrier and a bigger unit for impact. Lewis is vety lucky to have had the oppirtunities hes had considering the TH's available.
brown looks bang average when ive seen him tbh folks just my take on him. Carre looks a v good prospect

Edited by RR1972 - 20 August 2019 at 5:09pm
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 5:12pm

brown looks bang average when ive seen him tbh folks just my take on him. Carre looks a v good prospect

Brown is a much better prop than Lewis as for Carre is a good carrying prop but his scrimmaging is not that good
If it bleeds we can can kill it
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 5:13pm
Agree with you on Carre. A bit raw but bags of potential. Brown hasnt been 100% fit for a long time but still loojs better(imo) than lewis.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 5:25pm
Carre will be capped next weekend I would imagine, given his situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic