Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#TNEWSDAY - Ioan & now Stevo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 11:50am
#Tnewsday / contract updates this season (non-playing staff in brackets):

(2/3 - Stephen Jones - attack coach extends contract "beyond the 2016-17 season"

(28/2 - Ioan Cunningham - contract extension "for a few years")
9/2 - Ken Owens - commits future (not a Tuesday, but speculation forced to story break early)
7/2 - Ryan Conbeer - moves from Academy to Development Contract
24/1 - Will Boyde - first senior contract
17/1 - Dan Jones - signs long-term contract "for the next few years"
10/1 - Steff Evans - contract extension
9/1 - Liam Williams - signed for Saracens
3/1 - DTH Van der Merwe - leaving Scarlets, signed for Newcastle Falcons

(20/12/16 - Darran Phillips - CEO leaves)
28/10 - Samson Lee - extends NDC
19/10 - Nicky Thomas - joins from Gloucester, 2 year contract
5/9 - Luke Garret - joins on loan from NG Dragons
(20/8 - Mark Taylor - joins Scarlets management team)

Edited by NobbySosban - 02 March 2017 at 11:31am
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 1:00pm
I'd like to see Elias added to that list soon.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 11:30pm
On Twitter- another piece of news at 6:00 tomorrow morning. Anyone any idea what it is?
I don't know why we don't announce say at 3 in the afternoon and do a big build up through the day or something.
tim d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 6:58am
Just announced that Stephenson jones signed new deal
I'm sick of it
tim d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 6:59am
You know who I mean .
I'm sick of it
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 6:59am
Da iawn wyr.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 11:32am
Stephen Jones - attack coach extends contract "beyond the 2016-17 season"
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Being from Garnant, we all expected big things from Ioan growing up, unfortunately his playing career didn't hit the heights, so I'm really pleased that his coaching career is progressing nicely, he's always been a hard worker, and has one of them personalities that make you stand up and listen, he's very imposing and has the qualities you'd want from a coach.

Interesting to hear from someone who knows Ioan (well?) - I have never met the guy, but there is no doubt whatsoever that our forward play has been on a distinct upward curve this year - even doing pretty well against the star teams in the RCC. 
It's excellent news that he's staying - the whole coaching team (and, indeed the players) seem to be a close bunch who get on well and work/play for each other.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Being from Garnant, we all expected big things from Ioan growing up, unfortunately his playing career didn't hit the heights, so I'm really pleased that his coaching career is progressing nicely, he's always been a hard worker, and has one of them personalities that make you stand up and listen, he's very imposing and has the qualities you'd want from a coach.
A belated thanks and I was about to say welcome, until i checked and saw you'd made another post many years back.

Please don't let it be so long until the next time.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 7:11pm

Great news about the re-signing of the coaches this week ...
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 7:14pm
Yes agree Mark good news.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 8:55am
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Stephen Jones - attack coach extends contract "beyond the 2016-17 season"

Is this new, or an 'extension on an extension'?

Whatever - it's good news!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 11:59am
I read it as an extension of the contract to the end of next season (2017-18) as it doesn't mention the duration of the contract - usually they say "next few years" or specifies the end date.

He'll be off on tour to the Pacific Islands with Wales over the summer, of course, but this ties him to Scarlets for at least the following season.

If Dai Young ever gets the Wales gig, I can see Stevo joining him there, but to keep him developing at his home club until then would be great.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic