Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Leinster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2021 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Looking at Conference B table we're in danger of slipping to 6th now. I think we have to go to Edinburgh who now only trail us by 6 pts but with a game in hand. Tall order, but we really do need a win this coming Friday. 
It’s a sing of how close the conference is that we could easily finish second if we get a bit of form, while if we don’t we could just as easily finish 5th. I don’t however believe that we need to win this Friday - if we play well and regain a bit of much needed confidence I believe we could still finish in the top 3 of our confidence without securing any points against Leinster.
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2021 at 8:42pm
How many games do we have left to play? 

Edited by ap sior - 24 January 2021 at 8:42pm
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2021 at 9:29pm
Just secure champions cup, we must wait to see if 3rd or 4th will do that?
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2021 at 9:41pm

5 - Leinster and then every team bar Blues in our conference.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2021 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

5 - Leinster and then every team bar Blues in our conference.

Connacht and Benetton home

Munster and Edinburgh away

I can only see 12pts max there.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2021 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Just secure champions cup, we must wait to see if 3rd or 4th will do that?

This season's Champions Cup was due to be 6 from each league. They may abandon that idea again next season to protect tv monies and sponsorship. Let's hope so!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2021 at 10:37pm
Well get 3rd no bother. Tbh if we don’t we don’t deserve to be in european cup

Edited by RR1972 - 24 January 2021 at 10:37pm
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 12:26am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Based on recent displays , we do not.  I have rarely seen a Llanelli based team play with less attacking nous and variation, which would seem to reflect badly both on coaching and on field captaincy
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

Based on recent displays , we do not.  I have rarely seen a Llanelli based team play with less attacking nous and variation, which would seem to reflect badly both on coaching and on field captaincy
Couldn't agree more,we have scraped past the 2 italian sides at home by 1 point and 7 points,but for a forward pass the ospreys would have won and we have been comfortably doubled by the blues,not the kind of displays that warrant a place in top competetion.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 7:26am

Pardon me for pointing this out RR but with all due respect I do not find any solace in your above prediction. I seem to remember after we had beaten the Dragons and Blues lost to the Ospreys a prediction from you that they were rubbish and we would probably get a bonus point win no problem. Confused
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 9:35am
Does it matter who's in the 23 if they're being coached to play like they have been?!

Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 9:51am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Couldn't agree more,we have scraped past the 2 italian sides at home by 1 point and 7 points,but for a forward pass the ospreys would have won and we have been comfortably doubled by the blues,not the kind of displays that warrant a place in top competetion.
I think we still would have beaten the Ospreys is that try was disallowed. We finished far stronger than and they were out on their feet in the final 10 minutes. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I think we still would have beaten the Ospreys is that try was disallowed. We finished far stronger than and they were out on their feet in the final 10 minutes. 
you obviously don't get the point steff.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 10:16am
We could be really struggling for a back row!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 10:16am

How do we get Stef to understand the point. Our squad should not be being compared to an Ospreys team who are in the early days of rebuilding. We should be at the top table competing with the only 3 decent teams in the pro 12 - Leinster, Munster & Ulster. The fact that we are currently struggling to be in the top 6 best teams in the pro 12 is nothing short of an embarrassment but hey ho we beat the Ospreys by a few points and they were blowing hard at the end!!!!!
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 10:29am

I do get the point. I’m confident we’ll be in a place to compete in Europe next season
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic