Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets under 23 squad..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 3:50pm
Yes many clubs don't charge for A team matches BUT (a) that is clear to their supporters at the time STs are bought and (b) many/most/all of those clubs are charging a lot more for their STs than we are and in all cases the entertainment won't be as good!

No way should A games be free for our ST holders in my opinion. But A team admission prices should be low OR next season when you buy your ST there should be an option to pay a little bit more and also have free entry to all A team matches
Sponsored Links

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

The trouble started when ST holders got free entry to RFC games. Then they started charging (£5 for ST holders) and people rebelled. Frankly it should never have been part of the ST or maybe to Premier and above only for example? Does the A league in England charge out of interest? They get some pretty good crowds as people realise that basically they are watching the guys that play for the firsts occasionally not just some unknowns. Here to be shot down but as a region, we have always had issues following anything but the `firsts` for some reason. Many don't even do to the AW games. Cant quite get my head around that, it's the Scarlet dragon on the shirt so what difference does it make? Always makes me chuckle at games when I hear people asking 'who's that on the wing? Who's the boy playing 7?' etc as they take no interest in the clubs, academy, colleges. Not sure what the region can do to change that.

But to be fair, people have every right to follow the Scarets how they want. Not everyone is into rugby that much. Those that are may have limited time - long commute, hard hours, 3 kids, little spare money, another hobby as well, so their time can only focus on the main squad. Generally though, I don't think the people of Llanelli know how lucky they are to have the Scarlets. A top class team in a town of 50,000 people. But when you see the crowd number per population, they match up pretty well to other places.
Oh totally agree with all that and I can subscribe to a few of those (4 hour commute for example). It's a shame that the crowds are poor as these are top class players many of whom we see week in week out playing for the firsts. Good entertaining rugby and it opens the door to the next big thing.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2018 at 10:01am
No more aw so needn't worry about that anymore. Tbf those games have produced some hugely mismatched teams to the point where you know how the score will end. I can't blame people for not turning up if it meant a 4 hour commute for a hammering. Although one home game produced a great second half come back against bath which was really refreshing and not that long ago!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic