Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Team v Bennetton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Does that tell us Halfpenny wasn't fit enough to be released to the Welsh camp?

Has Halfpenny put his health at risk by wanting to play against England? What does it take to be passed fit by the Scarlets medical team?
surely if there are any lingering issues, you wouldn't want him to take the field.

He has been out injured for quite some time and has JUST come back to full training. Another weeks worth of training under his belt will be good. Also, theres the possibility that he is not quite right mentally yet.

Scarlets appear very strict in these scenarios - personally, I don't mind them taking time with any form of concussion. its better than risking them back too soon and resulting in early retirement.

I weren't doubting this to be the case, I was just wondering if a player wanted to do declare himself fit, would it be possible?

England at home in the Six Nations is a pretty big carrot.

As is the World Cup. Our side versus Italy showed where Gatland's priorities were.
All HP would have got is 20 minutes off the bench like Rhys will and we have ample full back cover on the plane without taking him all the way to Italy. I can accept  him not playing and if it means more time to train and play contact rugby next week.  We should chill on this I feel .
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 3:40pm
totally agree reesy, give the lad time to get back into rugby after his long break. get him up to match fitness before chucking him into a 6 nations game. is it worth flying him all the way over to Italy if he is not having more game time....too early for him I think. would have been wiser just to say in the press that is leigh is back in full training and we are working on his match fitness
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 3:55pm
I think everyone jumped the gun when Leigh came back. He was rattled pretty hard in the autumn, when you come back and its full go in practice is one thing, playing against guys out to hurt you is another. I Will be dissapointed if he is chosen for Wales next week. Should have a game for us before heading back to the internationals at least, or even for Llanelli.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 4:11pm
A little disappointed that Leigh couldn't make the bench, at least, but like the look of that back row and hope that Dan Davis continues to thrive. Second row looks a little underpowered - what are they up against Mr Ian? (who must rank as one of our all time most devoted fans)
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 4:34pm
Best players available have been selected, unfortunately when you look at the team one thing shouts out at you, where are the "leaders"?. I don't see any. 😞😞, it could be a painful night.
Keep the faith
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Best players available have been selected, unfortunately when you look at the team one thing shouts out at you, where are the "leaders"?. I don't see any. 😞😞, it could be a painful night.

Some strange stuff hear for a so a called Scarlets Supporter .

The leaders up front the whole  front row, Macleod and Casseim,when I see Tom Price  play for RFC he his also a leader and the centres are leaders too .
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 5:47pm
Looking forward to this game potential to be a cracker,strong 23 selected considering injuries..Good to see players coming back from injury Patch,Boyd,Rawlings and Cassiem all will have an impact in this game..Gutted for 1/2p but his welfare is more important than anything,he must feel more fustrated than anyone...Heard he trained with Wales on Wednesday and wasn't feeling good on Thursday morning so common sense was to pull him,also Patch will play 30/40 mins on Sat,so likely to replace Dan at half time..
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

My topic is showing it's true reflection now!!!!!!

Halfpenny IMO has chosen to declare himself fit to play v England but not ready to play for the Scarlets... 

This completely STINKS!!!!!

If Leigh turns out for Wales next Saturday then your comments are in any regard disrespectful to a player who has been honest and honourable throughout his career. If he doesnt, and is in fact still injured, then they're disgraceful. 
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 8:26pm
Just realised that Frank Murphy is our referee tomorrow. Hope we don't have erepeat of his Glasgow performance, and that we get on his good side from the start.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Halfpenny IMO has chosen to declare himself fit to play v England but not ready to play for the Scarlets... 

Cant see that myself.

Ridiculous Sal. Have you not been reading anything about concussion over the last few weeks? He trained hard with us, was ok and has obviously had a relapse. I’ve been saying it for weeks, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cooked and will never return after reading that article of the long term effects of concussion on that NZ player.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

Just arrived in Treviso....a good team for tomorrow and we can try to win this match..come on Scarlets!!

Have a good time. Lucky boy.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 8:41pm
what's the banneton ?
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 9:40pm
Have benneton had any internationals released?
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

I hope not. We really could do with 10pts from the next two games!!
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

I hope not. We really could do with 10pts from the next two games!!

Have to get a win tomorrow now following Ulster and Edinburgh both winning tonight!!!

A b/p would be great if that came about.
Page the oracle
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

If Leigh turns out for Wales next Saturday then your comments are in any regard disrespectful to a player who has been honest and honourable throughout his career. If he doesnt, and is in fact still injured, then they're disgraceful. 
Agreed, especially surrounding such a serious injury that is, quite literally, causing untold long term health problems and is actively ending careers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic