Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sam Hidalgo-Clyne to Toulouse.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sam Hidalgo-Clyne to Toulouse.
    Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:08pm
I've heard that Hidalgo-Clyne is going to Toulouse. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Would be a massive loss to the Scarlets.
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by rygbi11 rygbi11 wrote:

I've heard that Hidalgo-Clyne is going to Toulouse. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Would be a massive loss to the Scarlets.

Pivac signs him and never picked him very strange even allowing for the excellent form of Kieran Hardy .
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:20pm
I mentioned this yesterday in the Tnewsday thread.

Also to those saying Pivac never played him, he started or was a replacement in our first 8 matches last season, I stopped looking then as I think it proved he was picked.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:32pm

How would it be a massive loss? He’s been a very disappointing signing.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Pivac signs him and never picked him very strange even allowing for the excellent form of Kieran Hardy .
Cockerill never picked him either...
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:46pm
I think he was at Edinburgh when Cockerill arrived. 

We went and offered him a contract. 

There is a difference in my view.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

It’s all very strange and all we can do is trust the judgment of Stephen Jones and Wayne Pivac who would have played him if all was well . They would have been mad no to. If we can get out of the contract then I am happy with it and we move on. Sometimes jobs don’t work out for work and or family reasons as well.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I mentioned this yesterday in the Tnewsday thread.

Also to those saying Pivac never played him, he started or was a replacement in our first 8 matches last season, I stopped looking then as I think it proved he was picked.

SHC started 4 times, and was on the bench 15 further times, in competitive games. Last start was late October. He was in prime place to step in when Cawdor went on Test duty, but he didn't grab that shirt from Hardy.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

He had an excellent game against us the season before last and was instrumental in Edinburgh beating us. That was one of the reasons I was quite excited about us signing him.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 11 June 2019 at 6:09pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 6:22pm
the less said about pivac's selection policy last season the better.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 6:31pm
This move would probably be good for both parties. Hopefully Mooar would be able to bring in a player with the money freed up. 
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 6:55pm
How much cash does that free up
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 6:56pm
Could be wrong. Iirc, Edinburgh fans felt he coasted along after he had broken through and become a first team regular. 

Possibly, he bucked his ideas up when looking for the next contract.

As I understand it, nothing was on offer from Edinburgh (or Glasgow) when we found out and made home an offer.

He accepted and a day or so later, Edinburgh came in with a low offer, unaware anything else was in the offing, let alone already accepted.

As I say, it could be entirely wrong.

At Scarlets, he’s never really made a compelling case for the shirt. Yet, he seemed to feature nicely in the season’s tries video.

At Harlequins, he shone in their away European tie at Clermont and maybe elsewhere.

These things happen.......... I guess.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 7:19pm
Pivac selections were awful last year but in his defence shc looked dreadful when he did get picked
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Pivac selections were awful last year but in his defence shc looked dreadful when he did get picked

I thought he was ok but was outshone by a classy Hardy. When I saw the Jersey highlights of Hardy this time last year I thought he would make the big time. Very wise head on him only going to get stronger. Good luck Sam.

Edited by Huwbach - 11 June 2019 at 7:44pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I thought he was ok but was outshone by a classy Hardy. When I saw the Jersey highlights of Hardy this time last year I thought he would make the big time. Very wise head on him only going to get stronger. Good luck Sam.
i did say when hardy signed he’d do well he is a big talent always has been
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic