Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45148
Printed Date: 20 September 2019 at 9:09am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Blade Thompson
Posted By: jeremy windell
Subject: Blade Thompson
Date Posted: 17 February 2019 at 2:46pm
Apologies if this has been covered but what's the latest with him?

Seems to have been out forever.

On a separate note, things aren't really happening for Cassiem at the moment. Real shame.

-------------
Go ahead..........Take those banana's

Replies:
Posted By: swissscarlets
Date Posted: 17 February 2019 at 2:56pm
Press conference this week said that Blade was still unavailable

-------------
west is best.

Posted By: jeremy windell
Date Posted: 17 February 2019 at 4:06pm
Hell of a long time out, talk about bad luck for the player and the region.

-------------
Go ahead..........Take those banana's

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 18 February 2019 at 2:28am
Last played November 2 I think it was, so in to his 4th month on the sidelines.

I'm no expert but I figure that any of these sorts of issues pre about 2015 were simply either not recorded well or at all, were not treated in the manner of today, or indeed players could fudge what tests there were and return to play early.

Blade talks about that back in 2015 as he was out for 6 weeks when playing for the Hurricanes.

I really feel for both Blade and Halfpenny. The symptoms are irregular, sometimes shallow, sometimes severe, and no 2 cases are the same as a result.

I'm really not sure where the game is going around this issue...right now it's all about cure, not much on prevention.

Concussion is not about rehab, or even rest. There's no plan or recipe to get back playing.
Medical staff are taking no chances (rightly) these days...a returning player says he has a headache or sore eyes or some nausea then his return to play protocols are dialed back to zero.

All very worrying.

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 18 February 2019 at 8:55am
What's the latest on Steve Cummins. Our second row resources are extremely shallow.

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 18 February 2019 at 9:44am
They've been shallow for most of the season yet we've been either unable or unwilling to bring in a hard nosed second row on a three month contract. I doubt any of our Irish or Scottish rivals in the Pro 14 would have tolerated such a weak set of second rows if they were similarly afflicted with injuries.

-------------
Keep the faith

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 18 February 2019 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I'm no expert but I figure that any of these sorts of issues pre about 2015 were simply either not recorded well or at all, were not treated in the manner of today, or indeed players could fudge what tests there were and return to play early.

Blade talks about that back in 2015 as he was out for 6 weeks when playing for the Hurricanes.

I really feel for both Blade and Halfpenny. The symptoms are irregular, sometimes shallow, sometimes severe, and no 2 cases are the same as a result.

I'm really not sure where the game is going around this issue...right now it's all about cure, not much on prevention.

Concussion is not about rehab, or even rest. There's no plan or recipe to get back playing.
Medical staff are taking no chances (rightly) these days...a returning player says he has a headache or sore eyes or some nausea then his return to play protocols are dialed back to zero.

All very worrying.

He missed several games last season with the `Canes as well due to concussion so I was told at the time when I asked why he wasn't playing.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 18 February 2019 at 10:14am
do we research medical history when we make these signings?

-------------
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.

Posted By: dr_martinov
Date Posted: 18 February 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

All very worrying.

As Racing bring back Dan Carter, and Finn Russell seems to potentially have a concussion, Pat Lambie's accounts of his retirement at just 28 and an interesting video in general from a Saffa perspective:

http://rugbyonslaught.com/watch-pat-lambie-reveals-just-how-bad-his-career-ending-injuries-were/" rel="nofollow - https://rugbyonslaught.com/watch-pat-lambie-reveals-just-how-bad-his-career-ending-injuries-were/

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 8:23am
I've read this morning on another forum that Blade may be in contention to return this weekend.

Posted By: diego6754
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I've read this morning on another forum that Blade may be in contention to return this weekend.

That would be pretty freaking amazing!!

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Mixed emotions on this, nothing to do with rugby. Is he better off just missing between 1 and 4 games and starting again next season?

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 1:50pm
I tend to agree with you on this scarletbear. think it more prudent for him to have a proper rest. I felt the same about leigh halfpenny mind.  these head injuries need to be treated with extreme diligence. I am sure our medical staff have done this, but still think a proper rest and a summer off would only help further

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Mixed emotions on this, nothing to do with rugby. Is he better off just missing between 1 and 4 games and starting again next season?

That’s what I thought. Same if Shingler comes back. They haven’t played a game for months.

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

I tend to agree with you on this scarletbear. think it more prudent for him to have a proper rest. I felt the same about leigh halfpenny mind.  these head injuries need to be treated with extreme diligence. I am sure our medical staff have done this, but still think a proper rest and a summer off would only help further

I would hazard a guess & say that Blade is itching to get into a Scarlets jersey this season, given that its a RWC year & he was in the Scottish Autumn squad before the injury. He may be hoping for 2 or 3 outings to see if he can squeeze himself into the training squad for the Scottish warm ups.

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 2:07pm
i don't think there's much need to rush blade and shingle back for last game of the season.

give them the summer off now in readiness for pre season. my opinion anyway.

Posted By: crj89
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 2:32pm
Think they've had enough of a rest and looking after personally. The Champions cup playoff game will be massive for us as a club I feel, think it will be the deciding factor on a lot of people renewing their season ticket also.

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Think they've had enough of a rest and looking after personally. The Champions cup playoff game will be massive for us as a club I feel, think it will be the deciding factor on a lot of people renewing their season ticket also.

Completely agree, the Champions Cup play off is a more important game to win than last years champions cup semi. We go fully loaded, nobody gets a 'rest'. I'm pretty sure our doctors have aired on the side of caution with Blade and Halfers before him. We are also in desperate need of that point of difference a Blade or a Shingler brings.

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

That’s what I thought. Same if Shingler comes back. They haven’t played a game for months.

Shingler is different from Blade. He doesn't have a head injury so can be tried out. Not sure he would be at game pace though. No better team than the Dragons to see where he is at. Also, I want him to get to a RWC - at 31, this is his last chance. Scarlets' and Wales' lineouts have suffered because of his absence.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: Havard Fan
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:28pm
Rugby journalist, Paul Williams, tweeted yesterday that both Shingler and Blade are fit for Saturday and suggested both will be involved. Mixed feelings really. Want them firing on all cylinders next season, however we really need to qualify for the Heineken cup.
My back row would be Shingler, Cassiem and Mcleoud and play Blade in the row with Cummins. Boyd and Rawlings in the bench.

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Havard Fan Havard Fan wrote:

Rugby journalist, Paul Williams, tweeted yesterday that both Shingler and Blade are fit for Saturday and suggested both will be involved. Mixed feelings really. Want them firing on all cylinders next season, however we really need to qualify for the Heineken cup.
My back row would be Shingler, Cassiem and Mcleoud and play Blade in the row with Cummins. Boyd and Rawlings in the bench.

Pretty much what I would go for. I imagine Aaron & Blade will be raring to go.

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:49pm

That leaves us with 2 backs on the bench ?

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

There's a full stop between Cummins & Boyde. Wink

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:09pm
Is Ball out for the season?

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:09pm

There's a full stop between Cummins & Boyde. Wink

Thanks Fscarlet

Rawlings covers lock and Boyd back row. Allows 3 backs reps then

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:11pm

No he's targeting being back for the play-off

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

No he's targeting being back for the play-off

playoffBig smile

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

i don't think there's much need to rush blade and shingle back for last game of the season.

Apart from the fact they'd give the Scarlets a better chance of qualifying for the Champions Cup...

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Posted By: gorau
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 5:27pm
My team if Shingler and Blade are fit
15- Leigh Halfpenny 
14- Johnny McNicholl 
13- Jonathan Davies 
12- Hadleigh Parkes 
11- Steff Evans 
10- Rhys Patchell 
9- Gareth Davies
8- Josh McCloud 
7- James Davies
6- Aaron Shingler / Blade Thomson
5- Steve Cummins
4- Blade Thomson / Josh Helps
3- Samson Lee
2- Ken Owens
1- Wyn Jones

Replacements
16- Marc Jones 
17- Phil Price
18- Werner Kruger
19- Blade Thomson / Ed Kennedy
20- Blade Thomson / Aaron Shingler / Uzair Cassiem / Will Boyde
21- Kieran Hardy
22- Dan Jones
23- Paul Asquith

-------------
eds

Posted By: Tim Opolis
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 7:08pm
If you were the player and you felt well, and playing at the end of this season would increase your chances of playing in a world cup, what would you do?

As far as Saturday is concerned, we have really looked after our head injured players this year and I'm sure that Blade would be fit to play if he turns out for us this Saturday. It would be great if he played, he is class.

The issue of concussion in general is a huge concern. The hits are bigger, the players are bigger and more powerful. If you choose a professional rugby career then I guess that's the risk you take. The 1/2p injury though shows that refs could do better to protect players, and correct punishment 'might' reduce some reckless tackles.

-------------
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 7:17pm
It would be great to see Blade on the pitch again, especially in the principality stadium, however I have some reservations about it. I can see that he’s probably desperate to get some game time to prove his fitness to the Scottish selectors ahead of their warmup games and World Cup.
From a selfish point of view I would like to see him have a good rest and a full pre-season with the Scarlets and the new coaching setup. I don’t want to risk him for the sake of a regional match against a team we should be ok against.
Same goes for Shingler.

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 7:28pm
Didn't think cubby was fit

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 8:00pm

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Apart from the fact they'd give the Scarlets a better chance of qualifying for the Champions Cup...
yes there is that, but we've not had them all season, throwing them in now and risking injury could be disaster for next season should there be an aggravation. Players returning from serious injury much more prone to injury. Is it worth playing them for one or two games when they can come back completely fresh for pre season.

Questions that would be asked no doubt is couuld they be better than current options? They are nowhere near match hardened and have not picked up any sort of form.
Foxy up in Leicester for example was targeted... His first game back and tuilagi had a field day against him from what I remember. Could do us more harm than good. We potentially have 80mins left of the season... Is a player who's had no part in the season better than macloed for example who's played all season. Is a player who's been out with a head injury since November a better choice than cassiem who I feel is getting better.

If their in great, but I'm not sold on it. If there's an aggrevation and their out long term again.... Is it worth it. If coaches think it is then fair enough.

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 8:05pm
Wales initial 48 man RWC squad out on Tuesday.

Posted By: knutsfordlion
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 8:27pm

He tweeted that it would be good to see them both back in a Scarlets jersey, but no mention of this Saturday !
It suggests he is talking about next season when they are both fully fit and firing.

-------------
Page the oracle

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 8:42pm
I trust the medics!
They've both been our for a long time and I don't think there can be any accusations of "rushing"!

We have to put on a great performance at JD. Regardless of the rest of season this will be the first time many of the casual fans in Wales will see us this season!

And if we end up in a playoff for RCC qualification, that game could be worth a huge amount in future funding from WRU and our sponsors.

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

He tweeted that it would be good to see them both back in a Scarlets jersey, but no mention of this Saturday !
It suggests he is talking about next season when they are both fully fit and firing.

He was asked a direct question, after his post by a Scarlets fan, if both are playing Saturday. He replied yes. I personally don't know though, just commenting to what Paul Williams released on Twitter.

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 9:21pm

Cubby is picking up more injuries and I wonder if it’s just bad luck or if , due to the wear and tear of modern rugby they will start to come more frequently now. It’s a tough contact game these days.

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Cubby is picking up more injuries and I wonder if it’s just bad luck or if , due to the wear and tear of modern rugby they will start to come more frequently now. It’s a tough contact game these days.

Genuine question here.

Why is it that Werner and Hadleigh rarely seem to get injured ?

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Genuine question here.

Why is it that Werner and Hadleigh rarely seem to get injured ?

Don't jinx them!

-------------
We're still still here!

Posted By: whataguy
Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 9:51pm
Good genes

Date Posted: 24 April 2019 at 11:11pm

no he’s talking about this weekend

-------------

Posted By: Roger
Date Posted: 25 April 2019 at 12:44pm

A friend of mine heard that they were hoping to give these players game time for the RFC this weekend with a view to playing them in the play off if we make it.

Date Posted: 25 April 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Roger Roger wrote:

A friend of mine heard that they were hoping to give these players game time for the RFC this weekend with a view to playing them in the play off if we make it.

I don't think the RFC have a game this weekend.

Posted By: Roger
Date Posted: 25 April 2019 at 12:58pm

Originally posted by Roger Roger wrote:

I don't think the RFC have a game this weekend.

Maybe next weekend against Neath.

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 25 April 2019 at 1:12pm
Bringing back players after a long lay-off is risky, as they won't be match fit... it just might be worth playing Shingler for a half (if fit) to improve the line-out, but are we expecting to struggle in that area v Dragons? If not - then not worth it.

The experience with concussion has varied this year - Halfpenny came back looking as good as ever, but Patch struggled at first, though he's looking better now... maybe he came back a week or two early? 

Overall,then, I would not want to put players in v Dragons after months out... we should be able to win that with our 100% fit players. 

-------------
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)

Date Posted: 25 April 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I trust the medics!
They've both been our for a long time and I don't think there can be any accusations of "rushing"!

We have to put on a great performance at JD. Regardless of the rest of season this will be the first time many of the casual fans in Wales will see us this season!

And if we end up in a playoff for RCC qualification, that game could be worth a huge amount in future funding from WRU and our sponsors.

Me too!

In a few weeks chances are we will play either Ospreys or Blues for a place in next years champions cup. If we want our best team play in that game Blade and Shings need some game time. We are not ones to rush players back in, if they are declared fit i'm very confident that they will of been through a rigorous return to play regime which would of included full contact match scenarios. They both easily get in to our first XV, and for them to be firing for that play off they should have as much game time between now and then as possible.

There is so much class in those two it would not surprise me if you saw a MoM display from one of them against the Drags! They will be bouncing to get on that grass!

Date Posted: 07 May 2019 at 11:06am
Congratulations to Blade, who has today been named in Scotland.s RWC training squad which (perhaps surprisingly) doesn't include Duncan Weir or Richie Grey. Former Scarlet John Barclay is named in the squad & looks set to go to his third World Cup.

Date Posted: 07 May 2019 at 11:20am
I think Blade is nailed on for the World Cup even considering his lack of game time. A player that can play lock, flanker and 8 is invaluable in a WC squad.

-------------

Posted By: Mundoscarlet
Date Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:24pm
Surprised weir isn't in as one of the top points scorers in the premiership this season

Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 4:33pm

Congratulations to Blade, who has today been named in Scotland.s RWC training squad which (perhaps surprisingly) doesn't include Duncan Weir or Richie Grey. Former Scarlet John Barclay is named in the squad & looks set to go to his third World Cup.

Well, if he's fit for Scotland then that is encouraging - I have a feeling (could be wrong though) that the others mentioned are currently injured, but could yet come into the squad in time for the RWC.

-------------
(Ivan Turgenev)

Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Well, if he's fit for Scotland then that is encouraging - I have a feeling (could be wrong though) that the others mentioned are currently injured, but could yet come into the squad in time for the RWC.

Grey certainly isn't injured though I feel that the coach will know what he can bring to the set up & he will be parachuted in later.

Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 5:11pm

Grey certainly isn't injured though I feel that the coach will know what he can bring to the set up & he will be parachuted in later.

I'm not sure what this means, then - maybe that Gray has had a lot of injuries but perhaps is not currently injured? - this is from the BBC:

Richie Gray can still force his way into Scotland's World Cup plans despite missing out on the training squad, says head coach Gregor Townsend.

Townsend named a group of 42 for the summer with two spots yet to be filled.

Another notable absentee along with Gray, who has only made one Test appearance in two years due to injury, is Worcester fly-half Duncan Weir.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48185544" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48185544

-------------
(Ivan Turgenev)

Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:02am
blade is an essential part of the scarlets jigsaw....obviously his health comes first. But if healthy and fit he looks a major prospect for our missing link at 8. I wouldnt write off cassiem either he improved as the season wore on...IF we could somehow get these 2 fit and ed kennedy back to his original self...Allied to shingler and cubby and macelod. You have the semblance of a quality back row. Crazy to think most of these have been out for large parts of this injury ravaged season.

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)

Posted By: stradeyscarlet72
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:01pm
I wish Blade the very best and congratulate him - however , after the long term absence with his head injury , i'm very concerned that he's going into the World Cup with this still hanging over him . I wonder if the Scarlets may pull him out ? 
I also hope that John Barclay has a great tournament after his shocking year of injury worry , though he seems a shadow of his former self .

Posted By: dyniol53
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:04pm
Yes, for parts this season I'd been thinking we needed someone like Faletau to get us back to where we were. 

But list our back row options it look great, but for most of the season five of the below were out.

8 Blade
7 Cubby
6 Shingler
X J Macleod
6 Kennedy
7 Dan Davis
8 Cassiem

However, as you say Cassiem is improving (and played while injured!), Blade looks quite crucial if we're trying to compete at our previous level. Still can't replace the turnovers of Beirne and Barclay.

-------------
Exile Podcast // http://exile.podcast.buzzsprout.com" rel="nofollow - http://exile.podcast.buzzsprout.com

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

I wish Blade the very best and congratulate him - however , after the long term absence with his head injury , i'm very concerned that he's going into the World Cup with this still hanging over him . I wonder if the Scarlets may pull him out ? 
I also hope that John Barclay has a great tournament after his shocking year of injury worry , though he seems a shadow of his former self .
The Scarlets can’t pull him out.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

blade is an essential part of the scarlets jigsaw....obviously his health comes first. But if healthy and fit he looks a major prospect for our missing link at 8. I wouldnt write off cassiem either he improved as the season wore on...IF we could somehow get these 2 fit and ed kennedy back to his original self...Allied to shingler and cubby and macelod. You have the semblance of a quality back row. Crazy to think most of these have been out for large parts of this injury ravaged season.

Completely agree with your comments here - our back row has been decimated by injuries this season. Cassiem got a lot better as the season wore on, so I'm hoping he'll kick on now. Macleod is an outstanding young player. Shingler is top class, and how we missed him in the lineouts. Most of all, having been turnover kings with Cubby, Beirne and Barclay, we were without all of them for nearly all the season, and the replacements had different skill sets.

-------------
(Ivan Turgenev)

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:49pm

Completely agree with your comments here - our back row has been decimated by injuries this season. Cassiem got a lot better as the season wore on, so I'm hoping he'll kick on now. Macleod is an outstanding young player. Shingler is top class, and how we missed him in the lineouts. Most of all, having been turnover kings with Cubby, Beirne and Barclay, we were without all of them for nearly all the season, and the replacements had different skill sets.
Would you start Ball?

-------------

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:34pm
Surprised Scotland have picked him given his lack of game time. If he does get into the wc squad and the 6 nations squad, we will have had next to no game time from him for 2 seasons

Good player but value for money has to be questioned

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Surprised Scotland have picked him given his lack of game time. If he does get into the wc squad and the 6 nations squad, we will have had next to no game time from him for 2 seasons

He was always going to get picked. A player who can play lock, 6 and 8 at his level is invaluable in a World Cup squad. Means they don't have to take risks at in the front-row and half-back.

-------------

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:46pm

He was always going to get picked. A player who can play lock, 6 and 8 at his level is invaluable in a World Cup squad. Means they don't have to take risks at in the front-row and half-back.

he was always going to get picked if fit, has he played in 2019?

his track record with injury is a bit suspect isn;t it?

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:54pm

You say he can play lock but I have to question that. He is no bigger than Aaron & I would never dream of selecting Aaron at lock for the Scarlets let alone Wales. He can play across the back row admittedly but so can Barclay.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

You say he can play lock but I have to question that. He is no bigger than Aaron & I would never dream of selecting Aaron at lock for the Scarlets let alone Wales. He can play across the back row admittedly but so can Barclay.
He's played lock at Super Rugby level.

-------------

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:46pm

That doesn't change my view one iota. 

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:05pm

Would you start Ball?

If you're asking me - Ball definitely starts, if fit. He's our best carrier, along with Ken - and he's bigger.

-------------
(Ivan Turgenev)

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:08pm

That doesn't change my view one iota. 

Aaron has played lock for the Scarlets on occasion, though more recently he's been in the back row. Rawlins - who looks to me about the same shape and size as Aaron - has played lock quite often. Having said that, I also feel they are a little light for the position, and prefer to see both at 6.

-------------
(Ivan Turgenev)

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 11:58am
As Blade has suffered so much with his head injury, I thought I’d post this article here.

It’s an eloquent piece and well worth reading from the GB Women’s Hockey captain who comes from out Wil Chips’s base.

http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/hockey/48340084" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/hockey/48340084

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net