Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43878
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 12:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: James Davies new contract
Posted By: reesytheexile
Subject: James Davies new contract
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 4:55pm
Great news - 2 years extension announced! 

Replies:
Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 4:57pm
Wonderful newsThumbs Up

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:02pm
Newyddion bendigedig. Da iawn Cubby.

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:04pm
http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/12254.php" rel="nofollow - http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/12254.php

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnAh1r0V9YMx4LjUAXI1AUts5jgBck9u" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2022

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:08pm
Just the kind of good news I wanted. Brilliant! Diolch Cubby boi!

Posted By: scarletsmad_87
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:14pm
Get In Cubby Boi!!Thumbs Up

Posted By: matt_george
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:14pm
Great news after the doom and gloom of the past couple of days. Very happy with this!

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:16pm
Hope his brother signs soon too. Excellent news

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:23pm
  Fantastic news !!!

Posted By: 1carmscarletsfan
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:39pm
CHRISTMAS COME EARLY!!!

Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 5:40pm
My Christmas had just come early! Great news!

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:01pm
Brilliant news. I thought we might struggle to hold on to Cubby given how well he’s been playing and how he’s been ignored by the national selectors. You couldn’t have blamed him for taking a big money offer from an English or French team. The club have done very well to retain him.

Posted By: coldith
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:05pm
Fantastic news

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:18pm
Thank god!!! Heard a good rumour early season he was going to oz! Best 7 around and someone we've been missing immensely IMO

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Hope his brother signs soon too. Excellent news

Fingers crossed 🤞

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:37pm
Brilliant news, thank you James for giving us some very welcome good news after all the doom and gloom in losing Scott to the old enemy! ClapHug

-------------
"YMA O HYD"

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:39pm
Leinster, Ulster, Munster and Glasgow are the enemies at the moment. We have a higher class of enemy than the Jacks these days.

-------------
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh

Posted By: NorthWalianScarlet
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:49pm
Diolch James! 

One of my favorite players in the current squad, if not my favorite. He's brilliant and the way we play he is crucial. Wales are trying to play this way and if Gatland opened his eyes then Cubby boi would be capped. 

Diolch James! That is all! 

-------------
NorthWalianScarlets

Posted By: cymru2006
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:58pm
Brilliant news, takes us up a notch when he plays 😁👍🏻

-------------
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted By: Gwyn Morgan
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 7:18pm
Awesome news!!!
😁

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 7:22pm
Absolutely brilliant news.

Posted By: Scarletrover
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 7:22pm
THE most important re-signing after the coaches IMO

Diolch Cubby Boi.

-------------
http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9579&PN=1&TPN=1">

Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

THE most important re-signing after the coaches IMO

Diolch Cubby Boi.

Posted By: PritchyTheScarlet
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 7:57pm
Brilliant, brilliant news! 

Cubby is so important to the way we play. It's no surprise that whilst he's been missing, we haven't been able to perform to our 'top' level. He's instrumental in linking the forwards to the backs and winning turnovers to either put us into good attacking positions, or allow us to clear the danger when we're on the back foot.

Great to hear that he'll be with us for at least the next two seasons!

-------------
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny

Posted By: SospanMawr
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 9:30pm
I hope him and Mike Phillips are coming out of their shells on this SA tour. Both shy, quiet boys.

Outstanding news this, and well needed after recent weeks.

Posted By: Ffidel Bennett
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 9:38pm
Bendi-effin-gedig. Brilliant news-the big one.

Now all I want for Xmas is a ball-carrier or two.

Posted By: Rich (Bris)
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 10:08pm
Bendigedig yn wir!!

Are you (like me) still going with the old Say Something in Welsh Ap Ffidel?

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 30 November 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Bendi-effin-gedig. Brilliant news-the big one.

Now all I want for Xmas is a ball-carrier or two.

Are you asking Santa for some ball bags? Wink

Posted By: Wil Scarlet
Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 12:28am
Best news this week!

-------------
Scott Williams - I think I'll cut down on the fags!

Posted By: Dafen Boy
Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 1:37am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

I hope him and Mike Phillips are coming out of their shells on this SA tour. Both shy, quiet boys.

Presumably, the Chairman and Chief Sneak respectively?  Not sure those games are played any more...dating myself..

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 8:27am
Great news to wake up to!!!

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 8:50am
There was a significant amount of interest from top sides in signing Cubby, as you can imagine.

This is a cracking bit of work from the management.

Make him captain!

-------------
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 11:00am
Love me some Cubster!

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 11:36am
Outstanding news!!!! ClapClapClap

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Posted By: SospanMawr
Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Presumably, the Chairman and Chief Sneak respectively?  Not sure those games are played any more...dating myself..
They are still played. Get back to the after match of any youth game

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 2:06pm
Wonderful news that the 'working class hero' is staying put... definitely one of my favourite players in the squad, and crucial to the way we play.

Elsewhere, there has been discussion of 'replacing' Barclay... but do we need to (like for like)? If Cubby, Mcleod, Boyde, Shingler and Rawlins stay, we are pretty well stocked for 6-7. Indeed, if we need any sort of back rower, it would be a big, burly 8 - as has been discussed to death on the forum.

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Wonderful news that the 'working class hero' is staying put... definitely one of my favourite players in the squad, and crucial to the way we play.

Elsewhere, there has been discussion of 'replacing' Barclay... but do we need to (like for like)? If Cubby, Mcleod, Boyde, Shingler and Rawlins stay, we are pretty well stocked for 6-7. Indeed, if we need any sort of back rower, it would be a big, burly 8 - as has been discussed to death on the forum.

Yes Aber I made the same point while you were away. Pivac is on record as saying we have 3 top class options to replace JB. My huge concern is that do not really need a like for like as we have one JB has taught - Josh Mcloud who can play across the back row. We need an out and out 8.

Posted By: Iwlew
Date Posted: 01 December 2017 at 6:44pm
Quality player, just what the Scarlets needed after Williams and Barclay's departure news.

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 02 December 2017 at 9:26pm
Today’s performance just proves what a player cubby is and how fortunate we are to have him in the squad. He just seemlesly links play between backs and forwards and is great around the breakdown, although he wasn’t at his dominant best there today - maybe keeping himself for next weekend plus he wasn’t allowed to play his usual way at the breakdown by the opposition, who were often going straight off their feet in attack and defence at the breakdown and were allowed to do so by a very poor referee.
Really looking forward to Cubby, Shingler and Barclay getting back together in Europe, we certainly missed Barclay and Cubby in the opening 2 rounds.

Posted By: Dafen Boy
Date Posted: 03 December 2017 at 2:02am
Fantasic burst of speed when needed, a great athlete as well as rugby player

Date Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:28am
What more can be said of this guy. Played 80 minutes at altitude after 12 weeks out. He is an amazing athlete who would make any team in World rugby better & I include the All Blacks. He could play at 13 if required and shine but its his work over the ball that we want and have seriously missed. 

Posted By: mr geraint
Date Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:35am
I’m looking forward to Barclay, Cubby and Beirne stealing ball.
Good to have Beirne back in the row as well.

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 03 December 2017 at 9:04am
I feel a BP win coming next 2 weeks

Edit: 2 BP Wins Embarrassed

-------------
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 03 December 2017 at 3:07pm
I think we may scrape a win at home but will struggle out in Italy, Bath failed to destroy them up front and Benneton have improved vastly since then. Their internationals didn't have to face South Africa on the weekend. They will be better prepared than us due to integrating their internationals over a two week period instead of a few days.

-------------
Keep the faith

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 03 December 2017 at 5:07pm
I’ve just been looking at the Benetton team beaten at home by Leinster at the weekend, it was nearly full strength against a very much second string Leinster team. I think that if we play to our strengths and capabilities we should win with a bit to spare. Hopefully that will allow us to make some changes late on and rest a few players ahead of the away fixture the following weekend.
James has to start this game as it’s vital that we win well and rack up some tries and bonus points to keep us in the hunt for second place in the group. He will give us that presence over the ball and at the breakdown plus he has that turn of pace and linking ability to bring in the outside backs into play. It would also take some of the pressure off Beirne and allow him to concentrate on other aspects of his game.

Date Posted: 04 December 2017 at 8:44am
Cubby will be the first name on the team sheet until the end of the season as far as I am concerned except for the Anglo Welsh games. We are more than capable of getting two wins from these games; winning bonus points will be more difficult and will depend a lot on the weather conditions. 

We will not be reckless as we have to win all 4 remaining games to stand a chance of getting out of the pool.

Posted By: Ffidel Bennett
Date Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:57am
Weather not promising - cold and wet? Hope we've learned the lessons from the Bath game.

Posted By: TheKing
Date Posted: 04 December 2017 at 1:32pm
Great signing. Was worried about this one as Cubby is a one off and irreplaceable. He’s also been shockingly snubbed by wales, so didn’t have that pull to keep him in Wales.

Posted By: diego6754
Date Posted: 04 December 2017 at 1:44pm
International honours or not he's the best 7 in Europe.

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 04 December 2017 at 7:11pm
Reading between the lines, it seems as if it's his personality, and not his ability, which has kept him away from a Wales cap.

For me, his personality is one of the reason why he's essential to this squad.

Games aren't won on match-day. It's a full week of work. Players like Cubby bring a squad together, and make players want to come to work, and to work harder for each other.

-------------
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/

Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 5:21am
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Reading between the lines, it seems as if it's his personality, and not his ability, which has kept him away from a Wales cap.

Games aren't won on match-day. It's a full week of work. Players like Cubby bring a squad together, and make players want to come to work, and to work harder for each other.

Quite - excellent points.

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy... without a few jokers, any kind of work, including running like rats on a treadmill, is bound to get a bit boring. (God knows I've sat through some brain-numbing meetings in my time... I had to joke from time to time, otherwise I'd have gone nuts!)

The current Wales coaches don't look like a barrel of laughs, do they? Maybe that's why they don't 'get' Cubby, or his value to squad morale.

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 9:01am

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy... without a few jokers, any kind of work, including running like rats on a treadmill, is bound to get a bit boring. (God knows I've sat through some brain-numbing meetings in my time... I had to joke from time to time, otherwise I'd have gone nuts!)

The current Wales coaches don't look like a barrel of laughs, do they? Maybe that's why they don't 'get' Cubby, or his value to squad morale.

Both good summations. "Jokers" can be pretty misunderstood characters in any environment. With Cubby tho he is nothing if not a true professional. To be out for 12 weeks & play like he did at altitude 1st game for 80 minutes tells everyone that he is in great shape. 

He & Pivac seems to have a very special relationship. Aber your comment about the current Welsh coaching team is spot on - they conduct themselves like a group of undertakers for goodness sake. Lighten up lads its only a game. 

Posted By: scarletman
Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Both good summations. "Jokers" can be pretty misunderstood characters in any environment. With Cubby tho he is nothing if not a true professional. To be out for 12 weeks & play like he did at altitude 1st game for 80 minutes tells everyone that he is in great shape. 

He & Pivac seems to have a very special relationship. Aber your comment about the current Welsh coaching team is spot on - they conduct themselves like a group of undertakers for goodness sake. Lighten up lads its only a game. 

I suppose with Rob Evans, they feel that they don't need two "personalities" !!! Wink Angry

-------------
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !

Posted By: cymraes
Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 1:37pm
  Can't agree more.  Can you imagne any of the Welsh coaches doing car pool karekoe with Cubby like Pivac did last season?! 

Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by cymraes cymraes wrote:

Can't agree more.  Can you imagne any of the Welsh coaches doing car pool karekoe with Cubby like Pivac did last season?! 

I loved that! What a laugh!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 1:54pm

Precisely - everyone knows who is in charge at PYS but he is also one of them & part of the squad. His stock continues to rise and he will be well in the hunt for the Welsh job come 2019. 

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 7:06pm

This passed me by completely. Is there a link to the story?

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

This passed me by completely. Is there a link to the story?

I tried to Google it and looked on YouTube, with no luck so far... maybe some younger, more media-savvy SF poster can find it?

Basically, Pivac and Cubby were driving around the PyS car park... from memory, I think there was a brief Q&A, then they sang along to something on the vehicle's music player... they looked great mates. I don't even remember if it was loaded onto the Scarlets' own web pages, or if it formed part of a TV programme - again, perhaps someone younger can recall the details.

-------------

Posted By: cymraes
Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 7:14pm
  I think it was eeither Sky or BBC as preview for Leinster semi final (might have been final).

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 7:32pm
Thanks both. That sounds hilarious. Would love to be able to see it. Fingers crossed.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Posted By: Scarlet O'Hara
Date Posted: 05 December 2017 at 11:06pm
It was The Clash 'should I stay or should I go' they were singing to. Cubby can do many things, however singing is not one of them, which made it even funnier. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net