Forum Description: The best threads hall-of-fame dedicated to Baz
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40576
Printed Date: 28 March 2020 at 5:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Baz Lewis's Funeral
Posted By: solihullscarlet
Subject: Baz Lewis's Funeral
Date Posted: 23 December 2014 at 1:44pm
Baz's funeral will take place on Tuesday 6th January at 3pm. The service will be at Oakley Wood Crematorium near Leamington with a wake afterwards we're not sure where yet. Just wanted to let people know as soon as possible of the date and will let you know Val's wishes as soon as I can.   It goes without saying that all are welcome.

Colin

-------------
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12

Replies:
Posted By: scarletman
Date Posted: 23 December 2014 at 1:49pm
thanks Col

-------------
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 23 December 2014 at 1:52pm
Thanks Colin ,we are looking åt organising a bus .

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 23 December 2014 at 2:11pm
Diolch, Colin.

Date Posted: 23 December 2014 at 2:54pm
Helen here using Mark's log in. I have provisionally arranged for a bus so if all those wishing to attend could let me know asap I would appreciate it. My phone number is 07842 681876
Obviously if there aren't enough people for a bus then we will arrange a car sharing option for those wishing to go but unable or reluctant to drive such a long way. Let me know what you would all like to do and I will sort it all out.

Date Posted: 23 December 2014 at 3:15pm
Helen here again ! A few further details. Scarlets shirts to be worn (either yellow or red) at Val's request. Family flowers only but for anyone wishing to make a donation, Barry's chosen charities are The Dog's Trust and Crys 16 with the money split equally between the two.

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:35am
I'm completely gutted but I wont be able to make the funeral due to work commitments first week back.

As this is a fairly new section, I've renamed it honour of our Baz and included these two theads as announcements for everyone to see.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLe3ApXjW4&list=PL576FE48C1F044909&index=1" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2019

Posted By: Highburyscarlet
Date Posted: 29 December 2014 at 11:30am
I'll be there to pay my respects. I thought it may be a problem through H&S but the client has allowed me to close the site if I cannot find cover.

-------------
once more into the breach

Posted By: TheOracle
Date Posted: 29 December 2014 at 11:41am
Wont be able to make it , but i will definately be taking a minute to think of the big guy at 3

-------------
I dont need Googleto answer my questions
I have a Val...apparently shes never wrong

Posted By: scarletswoman
Date Posted: 29 December 2014 at 3:41pm
I won't be able to make it unfortunately, so sorry that I can't. Hope we can get a fair few to travel up to pay their respects to such a wonderful man. 

-------------
http://cornelsiobhan.wordpress.com/

Date Posted: 30 December 2014 at 5:44pm
Anyone attending Baz's funeral his wake will be at the Leopard in Bishops Tachbrook. Family flowers only but if you would like to make a donation it will go to The Dogs Trust and Crys16. Scarlets tops to be worn or something red.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 December 2014 at 5:51pm

I hope as many fellow supporters as possible can make it to Baz his funeral which will have a Welsh theme .

To think of the miles he put in with his beloved wife Val to support his beloved Scarlets it really was something special !!

Date Posted: 30 December 2014 at 7:29pm
How did it go

-------------

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 30 December 2014 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by TheOracle TheOracle wrote:

How did it go

6th of jan mate.

Date Posted: 30 December 2014 at 8:45pm
oops , i thought it was togay ...might be able to go now

-------------

Posted By: BrummieScarlet
Date Posted: 30 December 2014 at 8:54pm
I'll be there....

Posted By: scarletsrules
Date Posted: 31 December 2014 at 12:36pm
Will there be a minute silence before the game on Saturday for Baz?

Date Posted: 31 December 2014 at 12:52pm
Tell the boys in the changing room that it's for baz

-------------

Posted By: rolly
Date Posted: 01 January 2015 at 12:45am
I couldn't think of a better honour if there was one and it would be well deserved .

Date Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:28am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Sorry - not used to this ! Helen here again. A minute's silence has been requested and I was told at Parc y Scarlets that they would ask. Not hopeful though as I think it might set a bit of a precedent.

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:46am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Sorry - not used to this ! Helen here again. A minute's silence has been requested and I was told at Parc y Scarlets that they would ask. Not hopeful though as I think it might set a bit of a precedent.

what about a round of applause at a set time?

-------------
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.

Date Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:59am
I FEAR IT WILL HAVE TO BE PRIOR TO THE START

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:06am
Originally posted by TheOracle TheOracle wrote:

I FEAR IT WILL HAVE TO BE PRIOR TO THE START

that would be fine,what about the concourse bar where we used to have the half time meetings?obviously the other bars could do the same.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:28am
That would be a good idea....its not like you

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2015 at 6:25pm
Helen here again. Sorry to use Mark's log in but only way I know.
There are still 2 spaces available on the bus leaving Parc y Scarlets on Tuesday morning so if anyone else would like to come then please call me on 07842 681876

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 04 January 2015 at 12:08pm
Val, all,

I wish I could be there to pay my respects on Tuesday.  I'm sure he would want you all to raise a glass and smile about the times spent in his company.

It feels very little as a mark of respect truth be told, but I'll be wearing my Scarlets shirt to work on Tuesday.  #forBaz

Posted By: LLANDRE
Date Posted: 04 January 2015 at 9:42pm
Just to let you know that whoever is there from us as supporters will be singing Sosban Fach during the service without the assistance of a organ or such like. Thanks to Helen and her assistance quite a few of us are making our way up on Tuesday. I spoke to Val earlier and it seems that a totally fitting service has been put in place . A real friend to all.

-------------
West is Best (Fin gwybod)

Date Posted: 05 January 2015 at 7:56am
For anyone travelling up tomorrow the postcode for Oakley Wood Crematorium is CV33 9QP. The wake at The Leopard in Bishops Tachbrook is CV33 9RN.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 January 2015 at 10:05am
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

For anyone travelling up tomorrow the postcode for Oakley Wood Crematorium is CV33 9QP. The wake at The Leopard in Bishops Tachbrook is CV33 9RN.

3 pm @ Oakley Wood?

Date Posted: 05 January 2015 at 12:53pm
Yes

-------------

Date Posted: 05 January 2015 at 12:56pm
Diolch

Posted By: OwainLlanedi
Date Posted: 05 January 2015 at 12:58pm
A safe journey to all and I hope everything goes without a hitch. It's great to read about so many of Baz's mates making the journey - I'm sure the gesture will be highly appreciated.

-------------
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"

Posted By: Alun
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 12:10am
Managed to get enough done in work today to be able to go tomorrow. Driving up with Llandre and a few others.

The mileage he put in week in week out for the Scarlets, I just feel that this is something small that I can do to appreciate that.

-------------
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions

Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 6:21am
i'm unable to make it today but my thoughts will be there,give him a big send of all who are able to attend.

-------------

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 7:25am
Our thoughts will be with you all this afternoon at Baz's service. So sad at not being able to make it.

So many people looking back and saying their life was enriched by having met him. Memories live on.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Posted By: Once a monkey
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 8:41am
Saddened that I won't be able to make it today, but safe journey to all who travel, and I am sure you will give him the send off he so richly deserved.

Be raising a glass to the Big Man tonight.

-------------
#George

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 8:57am
Hope all  who can attend remember the request to wear Scarlets colours.

RIP Baz.

-------------
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)

Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 9:16am
Be leaving for the Midlands before long.

Hope we can give a fitting send off to a great Scarlets supporter.

Posted By: SAV
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 9:24am
sorry  cant make it today, but i will be thinking about baz at 3pm . a true scarlet .

-------------
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories

Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 9:36am
Val accept my sincerest apologies I will not able to attend today because of illness .
    A safe journey to all travelling to the Midlands today.
     One thing Is for sure today at 3pm,I ll have my Scarlet shirt on and will be raising a glass to one of Scarlets fin est,RIP Baz .

Posted By: swm
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 9:43am
leaving in 30 min with alan and Andrew sutch a sad day today rip baz will never be forgoten

-------------
steve and ang

Posted By: BrummieScarlet
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 10:00am
I'm on the train down from Wigan already. . . Safe journey for everyone heading to The Midlands....

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 10:02am
Again gutted I can't make this, my thoughts will be with val and of course the big man himself! Safe journey to those attending and sing loud and proud!

Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 10:56am
Safe journey to all travelling to the Midlands today to show support to Val and her family in remembrance of a faithful Scarlets' supporter! RIP Baz Heart

-------------
"YMA O HYD"

Posted By: bazlewis
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 10:32pm
Apologies for using Baz's log in but I needed to just say a HUGE Thank you to all you lovely Scarlet supporters who attended Baz's funeral today. You made his day special myself and his family are truly grateful for your contributions . Special thanks to Solihull scarlet and highbury scarlet for their touching words. Thanks also to you all for your superb singing of Sospan Fach during the service. You are all truly wonderous. I shall return with the support of Solihull scarlet to the Parc soon. Bless you all xx

-------------
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets

Posted By: Wil Scarlet
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 10:38pm
He deserved all the tributes - a special guy and a special fan. Bless you Baz!

-------------
Scott Williams - I think I'll cut down on the fags!

Posted By: daveoda
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 10:44pm
A truly marvellous man whose presence we will miss greatly,you enriched our lives with your friendship.
RIP Baz.

-------------
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!

Posted By: s.pimpernel
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 11:00pm
Good effort by all those who went. I`ve raised a glass to the big guy tonight when I got in from work.
I would say RIP, but no doubt Grav will seek you out quick enough to join him, Hefin and Bernard Thomas down at the Scarlets clubhouse in the sky.

-------------
In Pivac we trust

Posted By: LLANDRE
Date Posted: 07 January 2015 at 11:00am
A really good representation of friends from the Scarlet's end attended the funeral and I know many more would have been there, if they could have. The tributes given by Colin and Ron were heartfelt, humorous and gave a little insight to the character of the friend, that we all shall miss. I will always remember Baz standing by the window in the South concourse bar, ready for the half time post mortem. The funeral was a great send off, where we gave him one last blast of Sosban Fach which was sung well. To have carried Baz was a huge honour for myself and I really hope he is looking down us all with a huge smile. Val will miss him more than any of us and I know that yesterday ment everything to her, and the family. Baz has departed from this life, but he will not be forgotten at the Parc. I have lovely memories of some happy times and will remember those for many years to come. Sleep well Baz Nos Da.

-------------
West is Best (Fin gwybod)

Posted By: Alun
Date Posted: 09 January 2015 at 10:23am
It really was a fitting tribute to a great man, and I'm glad I could make it.

-------------
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net