Forum Description: Hall-of-fame for the best SF threads, dedicated to Baz
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39345
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 6:14pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Scarlets bat symbol
Posted By: The Mad Monk
Subject: Scarlets bat symbol
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 11:21am
i have been thinking i was out walking last night because i could not sleep and i saw a bat in the woods, it reminded me of that batman film with michael keating not related to the irish singer i dont think but when goffam city was in big trouble they put a big bat symbol in the sky so that batman would now nasty men were in town and he could catch them it looked like this

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140216194303/batman/images/8/81/6a00e54ee7b64288330115704957a4970c-400wi.jpg

so we dont get many fans in park y scarlets do we, this could be used as a marketing tool in the sky above llanelli at night a scarlets symbol with information about the next match and encourage people to watch it in park y scarlets and not on tv, easterbee could switch it on last thing at night before he leaves, it could be the scarlets symbol instead of the bat there could lots of them around llanelli,  in kidwelly it could read 'dont watch us on the telly we are not far from kidwelly', in town it could read 'dont frown you can walk here from town' and in bryn it could read 'walk here from the bryn and get thin', this tecnology would not cost much and it would insure the scarlets symbol is seen everywhere in the region at night, you could get other people to turn them on in kidwelly and places far from park y scarlets because easterbee will be tired and cant drive to turn them on everywhere, kids would be inspired to see scarlets symbol in the sky they love batman and would nag parents to take them to park y scarlets, we need to think outside the box, please sign my partition thanks mad monk

-------------
please sign my partition for shingler on wing http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/shingler-on-the-wing

Replies:
Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 11:22am
Originally posted by The Mad Monk The Mad Monk wrote:

michael keating not related to the irish singer

These are getting better.

Posted By: gofer88
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 11:32am
I think Hooters needs to set up a meeting with this guy!

-------------
Scarlets elite away supporters - Con Air

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 11:37am
this thread is awesome!

Posted By: Scarlet O'Hara
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 11:46am
So it seems that we are up for running with this one, probably best done in winter though and besides the batteries in my torch are pretty low.

Posted By: Westwalian
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 11:51am
I haven't commented on your other threads cause i've thought they were ridiculous LOL But this one is genius! Brilliant idea Thumbs Up

Posted By: Ian Lewis
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 11:59am
Sign him up as our marketing guru, pure genius.

-------------
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.

Posted By: Mike
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:01pm
Mad Monk has rescued this forum.

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:05pm
Seriously, I love this. If I was allowed to use the Scarlets logo, it would be on a t shirt tonight!

-------------
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/

Posted By: surfing-mtber
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:07pm
Love it.

-------------
Joshua24:15

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:08pm
You need to start posting in threads Mr Monk not just your own. What are your views on European rugby?

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:25pm
This man's on fire. Great idea.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Posted By: Gate12
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:39pm

Buy that man a drink, he's absolutely on fire.

We need to use this quick before someone steals the idea.

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:44pm
Shirley the best place to have the projector is atop of Bigyn hill? With high security to keep Penyfan kids out of course.

Posted By: Gary Coleman
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Shirley the best place to have the projector is atop of Bigyn hill? With high security to keep Penyfan kids out of course.

Less of this imperialist snobbery please!

Posted By: Scadley Hog
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 1:09pm
Great idea.  Farmers also use coloured wrap / tape to keep crows of round-bale sileage.  It would be cool if there was a Scarlets logo they could stick on so people driving past could see loads of bales marketing the club.  It's a mainly rural region so there aren't a great deal of billboards, etc...

Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 1:10pm
Another great idea.

-------------

Posted By: scarletman
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 1:13pm
Sadly there is a flaw in this idea ....

When on earth would we get enough cloud cover in Llanelli for this to work ?????? Confused Confused Confused Confused

-------------
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Mad Monk has rescued this forum.
he's the forums luke to smellys yoda.LOL

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 1:33pm
Haha I'm creased! Fairplay what a legend.

Posted By: Turkish Fez
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 2:25pm
How come in April we have someone as mad as a March Hare on here. Good skills we need to think out of the box.
Didn't the Mayor of Gotham City have a direct link to the Caped Crusader via a Scarlet phone.

-------------
We all had Doctor's papers!

Posted By: AstroScarlet
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 2:25pm
Please post as often as possible Mad Monk. Brilliant, just brilliant.

-------------
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'

Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

You need to start posting in threads Mr Monk not just your own. What are your views on European rugby?

i do views in other things sa14 i said in the number 8 post we need to think outside the box not many people do, i like european rugby it makes our players see the world outside wales and learn new cultures and skills they should learn other languages on their trips to, french for trips to france and Scottish gaylic for trips to Scotland, there should be more eastern european and russian teams in european rugby they are good men with good hearts who like rough games. we do not do enough to market our european games there should be french markets outside the park y pemburton scarlets when french teams are here, selling cwassants and frogs legs and boiled snails with music from morris shevaklier and vanessa paradise in the back ground to create a french atmoshphere, this would attract nice women with money to spend who would then go into the the parc to watch easterbee and his men with there kids, our indipendint traders in the market could make these products and wear berets for the day with onion strings round their necks, good for scarlets good for indipendint local traders sa14, we could sell haggis and tartan clothes when Scottish teams are here potatos and Guinness when irish teams are here and London pride and bull dogs when england teams are here do more to get people to park y scarlets not enough being done

-------------
please sign my partition for shingler on wing http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/shingler-on-the-wing

Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Scadley Hog Scadley Hog wrote:

Great idea.  Farmers also use coloured wrap / tape to keep crows of round-bale sileage.  It would be cool if there was a Scarlets logo they could stick on so people driving past could see loads of bales marketing the club.  It's a mainly rural region so there aren't a great deal of billboards, etc...

you are a clever man scadley hog a man with the mind of a warrior leader, yes we are rural i walk for miles some times without seeing anyone but many cars pass by and there are many sheep and cows in fields and on roads what if easterbee asked farmers if they would put scarlets symbol on sheep and cows you would see scarlets symbol everywhere kids would be driving by sheep and checking there eyephones to see what the symbol is and then they would see it at night in the sky from the scarlets bat symbol machines, scarlets symbol everywhere generate pride and more people to y park, teams coming to play scarlets could have busses blocked by sheep with scarklets symbols they would be late to park y scarlets and syked out, we need to do more we dont have money

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02449/sheepherd-road_2449322b.jpg

-------------

Posted By: OwainLlanedi
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 2:46pm
I'm done.   

These innovations would keep us ahead of the curve. I'm seeing a 1984-style Llanelli with Scarlets logos everywhere along with 'Easterbee's' face on posters all over the town.

-------------
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"

Posted By: New_scarlet
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 3:10pm

i have been thinking i was out walking last night because i could not sleep and i saw a bat in the woods, it reminded me of that batman film with michael keating not related to the irish singer i dont think but when goffam city was in big trouble they put a big bat symbol in the sky so that batman would now nasty men were in town and he could catch them it looked like this

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140216194303/batman/images/8/81/6a00e54ee7b64288330115704957a4970c-400wi.jpg

so we dont get many fans in park y scarlets do we, this could be used as a marketing tool in the sky above llanelli at night a scarlets symbol with information about the next match and encourage people to watch it in park y scarlets and not on tv, easterbee could switch it on last thing at night before he leaves, it could be the scarlets symbol instead of the bat there could lots of them around llanelli,  in kidwelly it could read 'dont watch us on the telly we are not far from kidwelly', in town it could read 'dont frown you can walk here from town' and in bryn it could read 'walk here from the bryn and get thin', this tecnology would not cost much and it would insure the scarlets symbol is seen everywhere in the region at night, you could get other people to turn them on in kidwelly and places far from park y scarlets because easterbee will be tired and cant drive to turn them on everywhere, kids would be inspired to see scarlets symbol in the sky they love batman and would nag parents to take them to park y scarlets, we need to think outside the box, please sign my partition thanks mad monk

This has already worked for Warren Gatland on the Lions Tour - he shone a rugby ball in the sky and Shane Williams came running to save the day! 

Posted By: scarletman
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 3:15pm
Such opportunities !

-------------
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !

Posted By: Tumblescarlet
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 3:32pm
Fair play Mad Monk you are either a raving nutcase or a total genius, keep it up buddy youve made my day.

-------------
Wales only true rugby region.

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Turkish Fez Turkish Fez wrote:

How come in April we have someone as mad as a March Hare on here. Good skills we need to think out of the box.
Didn't the Mayor of Gotham City have a direct link to the Caped Crusader via a Scarlet phone.
Get it right, it is Goffam, and not Gotham! WinkWinkWinkLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Posted By: Captainslamit
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 4:12pm
The guy is pure gold !!!

Posted By: Iwlew
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 6:48pm
Brilliant idea

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Such opportunities !

That's a great replica fleece and/or great branding.

-------------

Posted By: ExileTom
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 7:40pm
This is brilliant!

Posted By: trident
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 8:32pm

Originally posted by Scadley Hog Scadley Hog wrote:

you are a clever man scadley hog a man with the mind of a warrior leader, yes we are rural i walk for miles some times without seeing anyone but many cars pass by and there are many sheep and cows in fields and on roads what if easterbee asked farmers if they would put scarlets symbol on sheep and cows you would see scarlets symbol everywhere kids would be driving by sheep and checking there eyephones to see what the symbol is and then they would see it at night in the sky from the scarlets bat symbol machines, scarlets symbol everywhere generate pride and more people to y park, teams coming to play scarlets could have busses blocked by sheep with scarklets symbols they would be late to park y scarlets and syked out, we need to do more we dont have money

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02449/sheepherd-road_2449322b.jpg

Genius

All together now,
"Oh fluffy sheep,
are wonderful......"

Posted By: BillyBigBalls
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 8:38pm
They could afford the energy costs of a bat symbol with the new solar panels being installed Big smile

Posted By: Wil Scarlet
Date Posted: 11 April 2014 at 8:38pm
If Boris can be the ambassador for London, I think Mad Monk should be Mayor of Scarletland!

-------------
Scott Williams - I think I'll cut down on the fags!

Posted By: Speedy
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 7:45am
the capel crusader.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Posted By: bynea_bullet
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 9:11am
When we played Exeter Chiefs in the friendly at the start of the season a friend of mine from Exeter said she loved our Scarlets jerseys but wanted to know what the "bat" logo was about!!!

The dragon does look a bit batlike in fairness...............

-------------
No costly hangers on please! We've a business to run!!

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 9:51am

-------------
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/

Posted By: jeremy windell
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 12:39pm
This is a great idea!! The mad monk must be some sort of marketing guru!! We could take this theme further all the time.The players could drive around in Scarlets sponsored batmobiles, When the Scarlets are in trouble on the field, Easterby could summon commissioner shingler via the red bat phone to come and play on the wing. Easterby should be encouraged to wear an all red batman suit for match days, with Mark Jones wearing a robin themed suit. Opposition coaches should be encouraged to dress up as Batman's enemy's, Richard Cockerill for example could appear as a penguin in tigers colours, and Lyn Jones as the joker. The batman theme could be blasted out every time we score a try, and when trouble breaks out on the field, the torch could be used to illuminate 'Biff' 'pow'And 'kerpang' messages by the players heads. This could be the answer to our financial woes??

-------------
Go ahead..........Take those banana's

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 1:09pm
It only works if its cloudy surely or it just disappears Wink

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 1:12pm
I can hear the cries now dara dara da dara dara da   "Parc men"  dara dara da dara dara da "Parc men"!LOL

Posted By: TheKing
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 1:25pm
Your "indipendant" Scott Williams Wales centre rant was rubbish, but this is genius. I expect to see this come to fruition. Genius.

Posted By: jeremy windell
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 1:49pm
We could insist on only playing at nighttime to ensure the whole town sees the bat symbol, they could even follow Easterby and mark Jones with the torch effect so that everyone could see their batman and robin costumes. Get rid of yma o hyd as the entrance song and replace it with batman music. The players could even be made to run out onto the pitch flapping their arms in a bat like manner, with rob mcukser as head bat wearing a mask.

-------------
Go ahead..........Take those banana's

Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 4:37pm
[QUOTE=jeremy windell]We could insist on only playing at nighttime to ensure the whole town sees the bat symbol, they could even follow Easterby and mark Jones with the torch effect so that everyone could see their batman and robin costumes. Get rid of yma o hyd as the entrance song and replace it with batman music. The players could even be made to run out onto the pitch flapping their arms in a bat like manner, with rob mcukser as head bat wearing a mask.[/QUOTE) well it worked wonders for del boy and Rodney/dave ....easterbee and co would be only to pleased to wear their pants outside their cegs if it helped us score touchdowns... I notice too the world famous met bar uses a similar bat-torch to shine its symbol on the old cinema? it seems to bring in tourists, fousands of them

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)

Posted By: scarletabroad
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 4:58pm
[QUOTE=roy munster][QUOTE=jeremy windell]We could insist on only playing at nighttime to ensure the whole town sees the bat symbol, they could even follow Easterby and mark Jones with the torch effect so that everyone could see their batman and robin costumes. Get rid of yma o hyd as the entrance song and replace it with batman music. The players could even be made to run out onto the pitch flapping their arms in a bat like manner, with rob mcukser as head bat wearing a mask.[/QUOTE) well it worked wonders for del boy and Rodney/dave ....easterbee and co would be only to pleased to wear their pants outside their cegs if it helped us score touchdowns... I notice too the world famous met bar uses a similar bat-torch to shine its symbol on the old cinema? it seems to bring in tourists, fousands of them[/QUOTE]

No they are like moths to the light - pissheads to the pump!!

Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

[QUOTE=roy munster][QUOTE=jeremy windell]We could insist on only playing at nighttime to ensure the whole town sees the bat symbol, they could even follow Easterby and mark Jones with the torch effect so that everyone could see their batman and robin costumes. Get rid of yma o hyd as the entrance song and replace it with batman music. The players could even be made to run out onto the pitch flapping their arms in a bat like manner, with rob mcukser as head bat wearing a mask.[/QUOTE) well it worked wonders for del boy and Rodney/dave ....easterbee and co would be only to pleased to wear their pants outside their cegs if it helped us score touchdowns... I notice too the world famous met bar uses a similar bat-torch to shine its symbol on the old cinema? it seems to bring in tourists, fousands of them[/QUOTE]

No they are like moths to the light - pissheads to the pump!!

In the words of kevin cornball Costner, if you shine it, they will comeWink

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)

Posted By: scarletabroad
Date Posted: 12 April 2014 at 5:35pm
And I dare say I will be following the light when I come down to visit the clan next week!! after my obligatory visit to The Cat of course

Posted By: Rambo Perego
Date Posted: 13 April 2014 at 7:48pm
Staggering - this is the tidiest post for v long time.

-------------
"Super Phil May,
He's gonna take you higher.
Super Phil May,
He's gonna take you there"
Theme from S-Express

Posted By: bazlewis
Date Posted: 13 April 2014 at 8:29pm
Be careful where you put the symbol on the sheep, in the dark it may be frightening.

-------------
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets

Date Posted: 18 November 2014 at 10:46am
No word of a lie, but how on earth did I miss this thread!!!!???? ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedLOLLOLLOLLOL

Batman style Scarlets symbol in the sy on match days has to be the best idea ever!!!!! Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileClapClapClapClapClap Wouldn't work on the Saturday afternoon games mind you, or during the spring/summer months, but dressing someone up like Bane to intriduce the teams on the pitch too................now we're talking!!!!! StarStarStarStarLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Date Posted: 18 November 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Originally posted by Turkish Fez Turkish Fez wrote:

Get it right, it is Goffam, and not Gotham! WinkWinkWinkLOLLOLLOL
Ahhhhh, looks like I didn't miss it then! ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Date Posted: 18 November 2014 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

the capel crusader.

LOLLOLLOLClap

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Date Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

F**KING HELL.................YES!!!!! ClapClapClapStarStarStarThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net