Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pat Lam to Briz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pat Lam to Briz
    Posted: 05 December 2016 at 11:26am
Pat Lam will leave Connacht at the end of this season to be Head Coach at Bristol.

Seems he's resigned to them being back in the Championship, so he knows he'll take on a rebuilding job. Mark Tainton will stay as interim head coach for the rest of this season.

I thought Briz would do better in the Premiership with their resources, especially with Worcrester still not setting the world alight, but it just highlights the structural gulf between top and second tier in pro rugby. Andy Robinson had money to burn in winning promotion (at the third attempt), but couldn't prepare for the transition to the Aviva despite all those signings.

The Rugby Paper reporting that Stuart Lancaster will join Lam in the Bristol coaching set-up, after his spell with Leinster.

Bundee Aki apparently throwing his toys already - suspect he'll follow his boss out the door.

Best tweeted reaction from Ireland: "It always ends in tears getting too attached to a Pet Lamb"

Wonder who Connacht will hire next?

Edited by NobbySosban - 05 December 2016 at 1:10pm
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 6:54pm
They struck gold with signing Lam. Wonder how much Bristol have had to fork out for him.

For both Connacht's and the Pro12's sake, I hope they sign someone equally capable. If not, I fear they will,slip back to their former role as a poor relation to the other 3 provinces.

It'll be interesting to see how Connacht are affected by this from here on in.

Personally, I'm sorry he's going.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 05 December 2016 at 6:54pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 2:45am
Jackman is the favourite to replace Lam as Connacht supremo

SPORTS
DECEMBER 5, 2016, 12:52
#Connacht #Paddy Power #Lam #Jackman
Paddy Power has started taking bets on the next Connacht coach after the western province announced that Pat Lam is to depart for Bristol at the end of the season.

The bookie makes former Ireland international and Grenoble head coach Bernard Jackman its 5/1 favourite to replace the New Zealander with former Connacht prop Dan McFarland available at 8/1 to return to Galway.

Also amongst the frontrunners is former Ireland boss Eddie O’Sullivan and former England head coach Stuart Lancaster who are available at 12/1 and 16/1 respectively while Eric Elwood, who was replaced by Lam in 2013, is 20/1 to return to the role.

Further down in the betting is Andy Farrell at 40/1 and Ronan O’Gara at 50/1 while Paul O’Connell is amongst the long shots at 100/1.

Next Connacht Coach
5/1 Bernard Jackman
8/1 Dan McFarland
12/1 Eddie O’Sullivan
16/1 Stuart Lancaster
20/1 Eric Elwood
25/1 Andy Robinson
25/1 Jake White
40/1 John Kirwan
40/1 Jeremy Davidson
40/1 Tom Tierney
40/1 Andy Farrell
40/1 Sean Holley
40/1 Girvan Dempsey
40/1 Conor McPhillips
50/1 Ronan O’Gara
50/1 Neil Doak
50/1 Nigel Carolan
66/1 Jimmy Duffy
66/1 Mike Ruddock
66/1 Alan Solomons
80/1 Simon Easterby
80/1 Mark McCall
100/1 Paul O’Connell
100/1 Declan Kidney
100/1 David Humphreys
200/1 Michael Bradley
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 9:12am
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Jackman is the favourite to replace Lam as Connacht supremo

SPORTS
DECEMBER 5, 2016, 12:52
#Connacht #Paddy Power #Lam #Jackman
Paddy Power has started taking bets on the next Connacht coach after the western province announced that Pat Lam is to depart for Bristol at the end of the season.

The bookie makes former Ireland international and Grenoble head coach Bernard Jackman its 5/1 favourite to replace the New Zealander with former Connacht prop Dan McFarland available at 8/1 to return to Galway.

Also amongst the frontrunners is former Ireland boss Eddie O’Sullivan and former England head coach Stuart Lancaster who are available at 12/1 and 16/1 respectively while Eric Elwood, who was replaced by Lam in 2013, is 20/1 to return to the role.

Further down in the betting is Andy Farrell at 40/1 and Ronan O’Gara at 50/1 while Paul O’Connell is amongst the long shots at 100/1.

Next Connacht Coach
5/1 Bernard Jackman
8/1 Dan McFarland
12/1 Eddie O’Sullivan
16/1 Stuart Lancaster
20/1 Eric Elwood
25/1 Andy Robinson
25/1 Jake White
40/1 John Kirwan
40/1 Jeremy Davidson
40/1 Tom Tierney
40/1 Andy Farrell
40/1 Sean Holley
40/1 Girvan Dempsey
40/1 Conor McPhillips
50/1 Ronan O’Gara
50/1 Neil Doak
50/1 Nigel Carolan
66/1 Jimmy Duffy
66/1 Mike Ruddock
66/1 Alan Solomons
80/1 Simon Easterby
80/1 Mark McCall
100/1 Paul O’Connell
100/1 Declan Kidney
100/1 David Humphreys
200/1 Michael Bradley

Surely that's the first list that hasn't included Tulip & Nigel ? Wink
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 10:14am
That's only page 1 !!!!
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 11:11am
Simon Easterby must  be ready for a main coaches job next season I would think? done a pretty good job with the Irish ?
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 11:22am
Way down list and why take a risk, I'd stick with the Irish team till world cup, on current form must have a good chance.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Way down list and why take a risk, I'd stick with the Irish team till world cup, on current form must have a good chance.

Yes that would be more prudent I would think and it will open more job opportunities then - although if Ireland take the 6 Nations /Grand Slam who knows!

Hopefully we won't have any coaching changes for while at Scarlets although I worry about us losing Stevo to Wales if Howley joins up with Gatland ( which would be a disgrace I feel when they both work for WRU and other country coaches have rightly said no thanks. WRU should be able to say no)
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 12:38pm
I agree with you reesytheexile, we don't want to loose Steve, and b-if Howley is the best available then we are in trouble.

I'm all for confidence in the assistants but let's look outside the box. I have no idea who the attack coaches are in Wasps or Saracens, but feel they are best suited, especially as if around 50% of the squad will be English, or at least be playing for England!!!! 

2 coaches from the same union is not on
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 1:08pm
Only Welshman I would consider for attack coach is Griff Rhys. Otherwise look to the attack coaches of Wasps, Saracens or Leinster. All 4 have got to be better than Howley.
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 7:24pm
Lee Blacket replaced Steve at Wasps as attack coach. Very highly rated as he was the youngest coach in the Championship with Rotherham. It's fair to say Wasps have been on fire since he arrived and that is why Dai Young has extended his contract.
We all had Doctor's papers!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Pat Lam will leave Connacht at the end of this season to be Head Coach at Bristol.

Seems he's resigned to them being back in the Championship, so he knows he'll take on a rebuilding job. Mark Tainton will stay as interim head coach for the rest of this season.

I thought Briz would do better in the Premiership with their resources, especially with Worcrester still not setting the world alight, but it just highlights the structural gulf between top and second tier in pro rugby. Andy Robinson had money to burn in winning promotion (at the third attempt), but couldn't prepare for the transition to the Aviva despite all those signings.

The Rugby Paper reporting that Stuart Lancaster will join Lam in the Bristol coaching set-up, after his spell with Leinster.

Bundee Aki apparently throwing his toys already - suspect he'll follow his boss out the door.

Best tweeted reaction from Ireland: "It always ends in tears getting too attached to a Pet Lamb"

Wonder who Connacht will hire next?

This is making me think of Chris the sheep on Father Ted.

"It's worse ... he's lost the respect of his sheep"

"No Chris, don't look at me! No!"

Edited by totallybiasedscarlet - 13 December 2016 at 7:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic