Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Our vision as a Rugby club?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

I'm certainly not happy at our recent performances with so many squandered chances, but the last thing I blame is "Yma o hyd" which reflects the acievement of maintaining Y Gymraeg and the Welsh identity after 1600 years of colonization and exploitation. It is such a powerful anthem recognised widely and envied by many.
What would you have in its place? Surely not the moronic drum beating of the Ospreys fans or some Anglo-American pap with no relevance to our beloved region?
If you want a more positive declaration then can I suggest another Dafydd Iwan/Ar Log gem -"Cerddwn Ymlaen" which is almost as good as "Yma o hyd" but maybe less well known -perhaps because its not the Scarlets anthem.

Well clearl;y you took to your keyboard after only reading one line......I said numerous times we should go back to our original strong motto Ymlaen.

If you dont get the very basics right, there is no hope. The things that are in our control we get hoplessly wrong.

We are pissing in the wind. and have been since 2003.

Stick regionalism up Moffets arse.Back where it belongs. Its a farce. 
Sponsored Links

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

How do you work that one out? A club in a small town in west Wales competing against giants in massive English and French cities. You seem to be out of touch with the reality of where Welsh rugby is at financially.

And yet, there is complete meltdown and outrage whenever a merger with Ospreys is mentioned, when a merger would be the logical choice to enable us, as supporters, to enjoy more semi finals and finals and actual have the possibility of winning them.

Likewise, our "outrage" at not being in The champions Cup next season, because if you follow your logic through, the second tier of European competition is exactly where we should be.

In Pivac we trust
sme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:38am
of course there is complete outrage at merging.would you merge Manchester City and United no.we would loose identity.can't
 Say I or anyone I know are outraged at not bein in European cup we did not have a good season by anyone standards and hpe for better next year.
We already have a worldwide identity .I have travelled worldwide and it never ceases to amaze me how many people know Llanelli because of our rugby team.There is certainly an untapped source for selling shirts etc.like many of football teams do maybe we are too insular I don' know am not experienced in marketing .
Rubrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 1:15pm
What does the analysis suggest?
Rubrum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic