Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ospreys away 27th December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I am biased yes but I am genuinely struggling to see where they have the better players
Front row we clearly have the edge especially if you include bench which is crucial in front row
Second row AWJ is clearly head and shoulders above all else but we can more than match other second rows with Ball/ Bullring or Ball/ Bierce
Back row very tight but think we have advantage at breakdown wish Cubby was available but we must do as Aussie did to Tuperic and take him out at rucks,they clearly targeted him, which made him ineffective.
Half backs if they pick Biggar I be happy think Patch is outplaying him at moment with ball in hand Cawdor would be first choice between sides and JE would be second we lucky Webb injured.
Centres as has been already pointed out is very close but Parkes and Scott have edge with foxy not a bad person to come off bench.
Back three we have edge as good as Giles is going forward could be a lot of pressure for him and could be targeted.
Looking forward to game Osprey mate said we have only bought 300 tickets that surely can't be right or is it.

It wouldnt surprise me, Alot of people wont go to the Liberty due to the hostile enviroment and the disrespect shown by some Os fans towards us.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 11:07am
Scarletrules - you are not the first to have made this point. Is it really that bad? I attended last years Xmas game at PYS & it was a great atmosphere with no hassle that I saw. Is it really that different at the Liberty? All the Ospreys fans I have ever met have been good company. 
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 11:30am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Scarletrules - you are not the first to have made this point. Is it really that bad? I attended last years Xmas game at PYS & it was a great atmosphere with no hassle that I saw. Is it really that different at the Liberty? All the Ospreys fans I have ever met have been good company. 

The last 2 or 3 times I've visited have been fine , there was 2 years on the trot where the ospreys supporters were quite nasty towards our group of scarlets supporters but that is just a few of their supporters , all clubs have them , il always make the journey if I can and I will be there this year , a few supporters I've spoken to in the past though have said they have been threatened by Os supporters and offered a fight outside etc and has put them right off going back
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 1:50pm
It really isn't that bad.

I have been there every year for the last 8 years and only once was I threatened.

Its a derby, the crowd are always going to be a little hostile but on the whole its what you want from an away trip.

What Scarlet fans don't realise is that with a very small number we make a far better atmosphere than 15k of theirs!
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 7:15pm
Interesting to see Andrew Brace is reffing this game. When was the last time we had a non-welsh ref for the Ospreys?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by ExileTom ExileTom wrote:

Interesting to see Andrew Brace is reffing this game. When was the last time we had a non-welsh ref for the Ospreys?

Mitrea two years ago at the Library
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 3:33pm
Anyone going up on the train tomorrow?
#George
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Anyone going up on the train tomorrow?

A few I've spoken to are up on the train . Our bus leaves trim at 1.30
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 6:17pm

On Scarlets bus brilliant stuff picking up in town 1.15 great planning fair play .

With regards the Library been hostile,it is a kinder garden compered to to,Ponty,Poola,Neath and Ebbw Vale,while i respect peoples decisions for not going,nothing as trivial as that should stop supporters travelling to support there team,for there biggest away game of the season .
The Brain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 10:42pm
Planning to travel up by car tomorrow but bearing in mind it's likely to be a substantial crowd, I was thinking of trying the Felindre Park & Ride rather that look for street parking closer to the ground.

Does anyone know if there's any shape on the Felindre P&R for getting to/from the ground?

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
Wayne07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 11:07pm
Everyone's plans for tomorrow? We're in the willow cafe at 9:30 train 10:30ish, is there a pub near the stadium everyone is going to? A good few got banned from harvester last year so that may be a No No,
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Wayne07 Wayne07 wrote:

Everyone's plans for tomorrow? We're in the willow cafe at 9:30 train 10:30ish, is there a pub near the stadium everyone is going to? A good few got banned from harvester last year so that may be a No No,

We were kicked out of there last year for singing Sospan Fach, Calon Lan etc. Apparently there were children in there who may be offended. My 9 year old looked a bit perplexed.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 7:49am
ETA 2pm.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 8:20am
lift down from son at 10-15 ish, appetite wetter in the bank statement first then over to the brasserie about 12 for  lunch before departing for a pre match sing song,can't wait.just been for a 3 mile walk to blow the cobwebs away.Thumbs Up
Wayne07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 8:26am
You may see us, we will be walking down from the station around 11-11.15, about 10 of us. Bank statement we will prob head to then, kids ok in there?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Wayne07 Wayne07 wrote:

You may see us, we will be walking down from the station around 11-11.15, about 10 of us. Bank statement we will prob head to then, kids ok in there?
it's a weatherspoons so they normally are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic