Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli rfc v Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 5:40pm
Yes, just quinnell to league but that was just a few months after leaving Tarw go to the blues, that meant that we arguably lost to 2 standout back rowers in Welsh if not British rugby at that time, something we never recovered from fully.
Pegs walked away again and the above mentioned players also moved on.
Any team would struggle after losing player players of that ilk in quick succession, that back row combination would give any back row in Europe a run for their money, even today.
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 5:43pm
  What was ironic Tarw left as he wanted to play number 8, but Scott was keeping him out. Shortly after the Mighty Q left for Rugby League.. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 6:27pm
Lyn jones and pegs our flankers vs oz? Lyn makes a great tackle early doors
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2020 at 9:32am
Incredible season all round. I remember being at Rodney Parade when we put 70+ points on them. Me and my mate were just laughing after a while as it was just ridiculous what was unfolding.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

What was ironic Tarw left as he wanted to play number 8, but Scott was keeping him out. Shortly after the Mighty Q left for Rugby League.. 
I remember listening to Radio Wales on the way to Cardiff to watch the game in which Ieuan got that terrible injury.Tarw was very bitter in the interview.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I remember listening to Radio Wales on the way to Cardiff to watch the game in which Ieuan got that terrible injury.Tarw was very bitter in the interview.

Tarw was also world class at 6 or 8

Yeah I was in arms park that day of Ieuans injury, crikey the whole stadium was deathly quiet for an age
To think only a year or 2 later, the great man was back in the Lions shirt, 24 carrot legend.Thumbs Up
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Tarw was also world class at 6 or 8

Yeah I was in arms park that day of Ieuans injury, crikey the whole stadium was deathly quiet for an age
To think only a year or 2 later, the great man was back in the Lions shirt, 24 carrot legend.Thumbs Up

Yes-world class,both of them.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 6:15pm
Programme about to start now
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 6:54pm
what a tonic this is,had a bet on us to win and stayed in town to soak up atmosphere,taxi home and for some reason I stopped in a pub I didn't normally stop in and then needed another taxi to my local,great memories.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 9:32pm
A great victory based mainly on tenacity and character. But the game has changed so much and I wonder how many of that starting Llanelli team would get into this season's much less successful Scarlets best XV. If I was being provocative I would say only Ieuan Evans would be an automatic choice. The S4C commentary from Huw Llywelyn Davies, Grav, and with occasional comments from Delme was excellent.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 9:40pm
Nigel at 12, ieuan at 14, perego at 6 or 7, copsey at 5, tarw at 8 moon at 9.

15 halfpenny
14 ieuan
13 foxy
12 nigel
11 Liam
10 patch
9 moon
1 wyn
2 ken
3 samson
4 ball
5 copsey
6 perego
7 cubby
8 tarw
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 9:49pm
Roebucks kicking was very poor all over the place. Gave us a big platform. Colin Stephens played the game of his life. He is a tad bulkier now mind ! 

I loved the “ old days “ and I was there in 1972 , but when I look back at those low scores and the poor pitches and the wet heavy balls and untidy line outs ( loved the old scrums mind) , I am glad we are now in 2020. The guys are strong and fit and so skilled. Nice to reminisce but the modern game is so much better to watch I have to concede. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 11:06pm
Pegs tarw  sq phil davies would be in so would ieuan and nigel Tbh lyn is a better 7 than Anything we have now to 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Nigel at 12, ieuan at 14, perego at 6 or 7, copsey at 5, tarw at 8 moon at 9.

15 halfpenny
14 ieuan
13 foxy
12 nigel
11 Liam
10 patch
9 moon
1 wyn
2 ken
3 samson
4 ball
5 copsey
6 perego
7 cubby
8 tarw

lyn jones would push cubby, dont forget quinnell was also available, youd also have to consider ricky evans and lamerton 
(btw I liked the the bit where delaney then lamerton runs back from a position so offside hes standing where marty roebuck should have been and he gets penalised ..followed by the exaggerated reaction of absolute, shock, horror and disgust from the grandstand, at this awful decision was classic stradey) LOL
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 2:52am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Incredible season all round. I remember being at Rodney Parade when we put 70+ points on them. Me and my mate were just laughing after a while as it was just ridiculous what was unfolding.

Newport: J Westwood; S McCracken, R Bidgood, K Orrell, A Lewis; M Yendle, K Lee; M Davies, A Peacock, M Thomas (S Duggan, 78 min), A Allen (D Waters, 45 min), M Arthur, A Carter (G Pugh, 56 min), K Withey, G George (capt).

Llanelli: I Jones; I Evans (H Williams, 65 min), N Davies, N Boobyer, W Proctor; C Stephens, R Moon (capt); R Evans, A Lamerton, D Joseph, P Davies, T Copsey, M Perego, E Lewis, L Jones.

Scores: Stephens (pen, 5 min) 0-3; I Evans/ Stephens (try/con, 8 min) 0-10; Moon/Stephens (try/con, 25 min) 0-17; Stephens (pen, 30 min) 0-20; Stephens (try/con, 32 min) 0-27; I Evans (try, 34 min) 0-32; L Jones/Stephens (try/con, 38 min) 0-39; A Lewis (try, 41 min), 5-39; I Evans/Stephens (try/con, 47 min) 5-46; Stephens (try/con, 50 min) 5-53; Proctor/Stephens (try/con, 60 min) 5-60; Bidgood (try, 73 min) 10-60; Stephens (try/con, 75 min) 10-67; Stephens (pen try/con, 83 min) 10-74; Joseph (try, 84 min) 10-79.

Referee: G Simmonds (WRU).

Scarlets before Wales
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 6:55am
I think we could have tried more drop goals LOL
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic