Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli rfc v Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote swm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Llanelli rfc v Australia
    Posted: 07 June 2020 at 9:14am
Next Sat 6.15 on s4c there showing the re run llanelli rfc v World champions Australia game  StarStarStar
steve and ang
Sponsored Links

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 11:20am
Who beat the Walla, Wallabies...

Great Game, Great Day!
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 11:22am
Great game and wonderful occasion.   I do hope that they also re show our wins v Australia in 84 and Fiji in 85 .
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 12:29pm
The fiji one is one my 3 fave games ever. What a come back

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 1:41pm
Recently got the match tie and found my programme.  Epic game.  A must for re showing on tv .
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 3:03pm
scarlets greatest ever win imo
We were always guaranteed to win, because I was doing the scoreboard lol
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 3:53pm
The day Steve Rider made a howler about the scoreboard Roy!!!
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

The day Steve Rider made a howler about the scoreboard Roy!!!

lol LOLLOLLOL oh aye Id forgotten about that , yes it is spelt awstralia steve, you cheeky beggar Wink
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 12:38am
I bumped into him going through the x-ray machine with our bags at one of the London airports some time later and couldn't help but bring it up with him. In a polite manner of course. And he was humble and accepting of his mistake, while laughing about it. He was much shorter and dumpier than I was expecting.
Scarlets before Wales
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 1:10am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I bumped into him going through the x-ray machine with our bags at one of the London airports some time later and couldn't help but bring it up with him. In a polite manner of course. And he was humble and accepting of his mistake, while laughing about it. He was much shorter and dumpier than I was expecting.

lol cracking yarn scarlet bear ...I hope you told him in welsh lolLOL...gobeithio ichi ddweud wrtho yn Gymraeg....Thumbs Up
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2020 at 10:01am
Great try but wasn’t it crossing?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Great try but wasn’t it crossing?

100% not crossing, simon davies moved sideways and didnt take out any tacklers as ieuan flew through under the posts, brilliant move that was ironically pretty much invented by the wallabies lol the chest bump with moon on the other hand needs to be outlawedLOL
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2020 at 8:04pm
Great game, an electric atmosphere and what a team we had back then.  If there was a european cup competition back in those days we would have walked it. The european cup came 5 years too late for this team, who were broken up over the next 2 to 3 seasons by retirements, rugby league and chequebook Charlie’s were wanted to buy success.
I think that under today’s rules and scrutiny by TMOs there would be a chance that the try would have been disallowed, but it was beautifully crafted and finished.
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 12:54pm
I was home on leave my dad queued for tickets for me great day nice weather to as I recall?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Great game, an electric atmosphere and what a team we had back then.  If there was a european cup competition back in those days we would have walked it. The european cup came 5 years too late for this team, who were broken up over the next 2 to 3 seasons by retirements, rugby league and chequebook Charlie’s were wanted to buy success.
I think that under today’s rules and scrutiny by TMOs there would be a chance that the try would have been disallowed, but it was beautifully crafted and finished.
did we lose any one to lge from that side? Cardiff seemed to do the majority of the poaching if my memory serves me right, that treble side was superb played great rugby to.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 3:13pm
Off the top of my head, only Quinnell went to league.  Tarw went to Cardiff , along with spencer John , Justin Thomas , Matthew wintle.  Huw harries went and so did lyn Jones .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic