Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli RFC Ground

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Llanelli RFC Ground
    Posted: 22 June 2019 at 2:26pm
just called in to Stebonheath Park to watch West Wales Raiders play Hunslet in the rugby league game. It’s like Yorkshire here today but such friendly folk.Not been to Stebo for about 50 years when I sometimes used to watch my uncle play . What a great place and a superb venue if possible for Llanelli RFC instead of rattling around a huge cold stadium.  Great little bar and clubhouse with hot traditional grub as well. 
Sponsored Links

Hendre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2019 at 4:35pm
Great shout, I’ve been saying it for a few years. Would be a fantastic venue for the RFC.
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2019 at 6:14pm
Would moving from Parc Y Scarlets help cut the high cost for security which is being paid at the moment?
"YMA O HYD"
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

Would moving from Parc Y Scarlets help cut the high cost for security which is being paid at the moment?
without doubt . Seems to be an obsession in playing in an expensive and cold stadium, I thought Stebo was absolutely great. Frustrating when they played Sosban fach when Raiders scored tbh 

Edited by reesytheexile - 22 June 2019 at 6:19pm
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

without doubt . Seems to be an obsession in playing in an expensive and cold stadium, I thought Stebo was absolutely great. Frustrating when they played Sosban fach when Raiders scored tbh 

The cost of renting Stebonheath is more than the cost of the security at PYS ?. Or do Llanelli RFC have to pay a lot of money to the Scarlets to play at PYS ?.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 3:43pm
Does Stebo meet Premiership ground standards?
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 5:25am
you would imagine it meets criteria as they played euro games in the past haven't they?
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 2:00pm
Good call. If we were still at 'a refurbished/revamped/enlarged' Stradey I would have said no, just because of the history between Stradey and Llanelli. But as we are at PYS, then a move would do us good I think. Still use the Scarlet's training ground/facilities but play at Stebo.
Scarlets before Wales
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 3:47pm

I doubt Llanelli RFC are charged to play at PYS.

Even though there are costs to open the ground etc, they would still need security etc at stebo...they would also need to pay to play there. probably little to no point in moving.

It would be better if they could get the training ground up to scratch with whatever requirements are.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 3:33pm
I have been told on pretty good authority that the RFC will play at Stebo going forward
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2019 at 10:00am
it’s a shame but it seems the logical step. The rfc face an uncertain future Imo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic