Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kalamafoni signing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 10:37am
Welsh fans are so very fickle.  Opposing fans love to knock.  But so many of our squad are welsh so I’m not worried at his presence. He’ll be a massive addition hopefully.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Welsh fans are so very fickle.  Opposing fans love to knock.  But so many of our squad are welsh so I’m not worried at his presence. He’ll be a massive addition hopefully.

genuine q why people care what opposition fans say?

they are always going to put a negative slant on any players we sign , don't worry about it
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 11:18am
Honestly it s a no sense polemic, I can understand a general critic about last cases, but in this specific role I dont see an young talent who Kalamafoni is closing the street. If I could say something is why dont sign a pure 8 in all these years, but the story can teach us that we won in the last years with Barclay in the role where he did a magnificient work.
My opinion about the club politic and my point of view, when I started to follow the team, we were in a middle tab position and have our golden age of youngsters in team, with the years our blasone increasing and our aspectative are higher and higher and for satisfy it not ever young boys can help the cauese, cause of in academy system every year is different from the other...If I have to say my opinion, in these years I cant see the new Foxy, or Liam, or George etc...of course we have excellent boys in other roles, but for who want to compete for the starting shirt in the backs, the competion is really high..
In this signing campaign, I m appreciating the signing, young players who have to demostrate to value di international standard, Williams and Morgan have to do this, and honestly I like this risk then to have a player like Fonotia, an affidable player ma nothing more...
Kalamafoni can be a good example and experienced player for the other forwards, think about Ratuva, a possible new n. 8 or Tupilotu, our predestinate...
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 2:56pm
some back row next year. kalamafoni at 8 with uzair/aaron or blade at 6!with 1st 2 also covering 8 josh/cubby/dan/jac at 7
dont think we have seen the best of blade yet, i really hope he is fit as he is an exceptional player. boy we could do some damage if we dont get injuries

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

they are always going to put a negative slant on any players we sign , don't worry about it
Sadly many are our own fans though.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 3:12pm
The depth of the back row is now insane. Who do we pick! I'd say we have 2 completely different back row which is good enough on paper to take the field as first choice. 

6. Shingler 7. Cubby 8. Cassiem
6. Thomson 7. Macleod 8. Kalamafoni

On top of those then the young gun back row of:
6. Jac Morgan
7. Dan Davis
8. Carwyn Tuipolotu 
Looks full of promise. 

Then players like Ed Kennedy, Lewis Rawlins, Tom Phillips, Harry Breeze, Iestyn Rees, Jo Miles.

But for the first 2 options I can't ever remembering having such high quality depth as that. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 3:25pm
Huge competition for a place in our starting 23. For me for the Toulon quarter my choice if all fit would be 6 Shingler 7, Cubby 8. Sione with Blade, McLoud or Uzair on the bench with all 3 capable of covering 6/7 & 8. That is one hell of a squad. The young gun back row above is going to do some real damage in years to come not forgetting, of course, that Josh is what - 23?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Huge competition for a place in our starting 23. For me for the Toulon quarter my choice if all fit would be 6 Shingler 7, Cubby 8. Sione with Blade, McLoud or Uzair on the bench with all 3 capable of covering 6/7 & 8. That is one hell of a squad. The young gun back row above is going to do some real damage in years to come not forgetting, of course, that Josh is what - 23?
I had a chat with someone about Macleod the other day and I didn't realise how young he was until then. 23 and already smashed up 80 appearances for the scarlets. So young but hugely experienced already. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I had a chat with someone about Macleod the other day and I didn't realise how young he was until then. 23 and already smashed up 80 appearances for the scarlets. So young but hugely experienced already. 

Yes I was surpised at how young he was. Still think he may well become our long term NO 8. At 110 kgs he is Faletau size and he is very quick. One of my favourite players at PYS. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Most of them are ignorant people who don’t support the four pro sides and would rather Welsh rugby go back to the awful club system 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 12:48am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Most of them are ignorant people who don’t support the four pro sides and would rather Welsh rugby go back to the awful club system 

It wasn't awful, it was wonderful! Just not suited to the pro game.
Scarlets before Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic