Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Juno Moneta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Juno Moneta
    Posted: 28 January 2021 at 9:21pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-55847747

Seems we're owed over £500k in sponsorship. Gone for good now it seems! 
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2021 at 9:24pm
Con artist lucky to avoid jail
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Con artist lucky to avoid jail

Perhaps that may come! 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2021 at 9:33pm
Good scamming people out of their savings is so wrong
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 4:23pm
Wow the company only establish 3 and a half yrs ago and built up debts of over £12 million? She owes one man £370,000 Gough 20k scarlets over 500k shocking
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 5:08pm
I am sure a number of us were cautious when this sponsor turned up and the business market they were operating in. It looked too good to be true and normally that is the outcome. I can also understand how great it seems when someone like that turns up with a tale to tale ( including a prestigious tie up with Cardiff FC ) and a bucket of cash but all I would expect the Scarlets to do going forward is to tighten up on due diligence and learn from it this experience.It’s bad enough having the association with dishonesty but to also suffer a massive budget loss is a killer! This scenario can happen in business especially when money is tight. I think we just need to move on and learn from it.  

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Good scamming people out of their savings is so wrong
She could certainly talk the talk having met her but I recall talking with the wife ( we do now and then 😉) and we both felt that this looked very iffy and how they could make the money promised based on what they were doing and where the business activity was all taking place. The club should have done better and perhaps people like me should have mouthed off more but it was all set up by then so probably pointless. It’s such a negative experience for everyone. Let’s move on I feel 
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 5:33pm
Bull poo baffles brains 

Edited by LLANDRE - 29 January 2021 at 5:35pm
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Bull poo baffles brains 
LOL
ceribethlem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceribethlem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 6:37pm
Did we get anything up front?

Edited by ceribethlem - 29 January 2021 at 6:37pm
Dinefwr am Byth
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Bull poo baffles brains 
👍 she was definitely a charmer Mart
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 7:47pm
always ALWAYS always money up front 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

always ALWAYS always money up front 
have i seen you on rogue traders roy?WinkLOL
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by ceribethlem ceribethlem wrote:

Did we get anything up front?
In the first year we received a few hundred £K. Can’t remember the exact figure. I don’t think we saw a bean in the second year. 

Edited by Mugwuffin - 29 January 2021 at 9:56pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2021 at 1:54pm
I'm not a business person, but I am a suspicious one... I'd never heard of this company when they became sponsors, and something smelled a bit wrong, a bit like Osi Umenyiora's underwear:

(Osi is my favourite sports pundit ATM by a country mile - knowledgeable and very funny!)

So - I am disappointed that due diligence was not carried out in this case, and very much hope that the Scarlets "won't be fooled again":

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic