Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Johnny Williams signed official

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Re foxy - I really think that we should get someone in now as although he’s better, he’s had two really serious leg injuries in three seasons.

tyler morgan is a  13 he will be the long term answer hopefully
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Re foxy - I really think that we should get someone in now as although he’s better, he’s had two really serious leg injuries in three seasons.

tyler morgan is a  13 he will be the long term answer hopefully
Agree. Along with the hopeful developments of players like Osian Knott and Joe Roberts (both 13s I believe?)

But if Tyler clicks, he will flourish for us. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 3:21pm
Osian is usually a 12 but featured at 13 for the 20's this season even though Roderick from the Ospreys is highly thought of. Joe is a 13. Osian is built very much like Jonny & has a decent kicking game. If Tyler can stay injury free then as RR1972 says he is a natural to step into Foxy's shoes.

As for Foxy he will be very keen to go to South Africa with the Lions next year. To help his cause we need to get into some play offs/knock out European games & then we will see a big return from someone who is still in the top 2/3 13's in World rugby. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Osian is usually a 12 but featured at 13 for the 20's this season even though Roderick from the Ospreys is highly thought of. Joe is a 13. Osian is built very much like Jonny & has a decent kicking game. If Tyler can stay injury free then as RR1972 says he is a natural to step into Foxy's shoes.

As for Foxy he will be very keen to go to South Africa with the Lions next year. To help his cause we need to get into some play offs/knock out European games & then we will see a big return from someone who is still in the top 2/3 13's in World rugby. 
Been impressed with Osian. He’s a big guy who can get over the gain line but has also got a very good offloading game. I’ve also been told that Joe Roberts is one to watch out for.

I think Johnny Williams will play for Wales within the next year.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Been impressed with Osian. He’s a big guy who can get over the gain line but has also got a very good offloading game. I’ve also been told that Joe Roberts is one to watch out for.

That Roderick kid  at the ospreys is supposed to be the best young centre in wales isn't he stef?

Your right with Williams (as long as he stays healthy) wales have v little depth at centre , if Williams and indeed morgan can fit and well they will both play test rugby in the next season 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 4:19pm

That Roderick kid  at the ospreys is supposed to be the best young centre in wales isn't he stef?

Your right with Williams (as long as he stays healthy) wales have v little depth at centre , if Williams and indeed morgan can fit and well they will both play test rugby in the next season 
He’s a good prospect but Aneurin Owen at the Dragons is the one to look out for.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 9:13pm

Its not that bad when you think of Foxy, Scottie, Tyler, Johnny Williams, Owen Williams, Owen Watkin, Willis Halaholo, Rey Lee-Lo?, Nick Tompkins, Jack Dixon, and then the youngsters coming through.
Scarlets before Wales
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Its not that bad when you think of Foxy, Scottie, Tyler, Johnny Williams, Owen Williams, Owen Watkin, Willis Halaholo, Rey Lee-Lo?, Nick Tompkins, Jack Dixon, and then the youngsters coming through.

Lee lo is Samoan  cap
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Lee lo is Samoan  cap

I thought he was, that's why I put a ? But the rest are pretty good. 
Although a converse argument:
Dixon may be the only one I have major doubts about.
Watkin, Owen still not yet bona fide internationals
Tyler, Halaholo too early to say; and the Cardiff winger was talked about as a potential #13
J Williams is not experienced enough
Foxy and Scottie injuries may have seen their best
So Tompkin for his attack, is our best option??

Scarlets before Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic