Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli 18-48 Aberavon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Llanelli 18-48 Aberavon
    Posted: 03 March 2020 at 3:09pm
Not posted, so thought I would make a thread.

Anyone know what happened here?

And as I understand it, we scored a try in under 30 seconds.

Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 4:59pm

After a great start with a Llanelli try straight from the kick off . It was a hugely disappointing performance, the defence from the nine channel to the midfield channel was non existent. Yes Aberavon had pacey backs, but the woeful defence made them look World beaters.

With regards the two Scarlets players involved, Danny Drake put a huge effort in, his carrying and work rate were excellent .Joe Miles carried well when coming on halfway through the 2nd half, he had on a strength and conditioning course with the Scarlets and as bulked out considerably .
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 6:16pm
Sad that the RFC remains a shell club compared to Quins and Drovers and indeed all other Premiership clubs. Gate sizes will never ever improve whilst we continue to live in the world of permitting players and constantly changing the squad, albeit for the benefit of the Region.  Close to Bridgend now at the bottom.  Must be daunting for the coaching staff expected to work miracles each week. Something has to be done to inject a true heart into that great club name. 

Edited by reesytheexile - 04 March 2020 at 6:19pm
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Sad that the RFC remains a shell club compared to Quins and Drovers and indeed all other Premiership clubs. Gate sizes will never ever improve whilst we continue to live in the world of permitting players and constantly changing the squad, albeit for the benefit of the Region.  Close to Bridgend now at the bottom.  Must be daunting for the coaching staff expected to work miracles each week. Something has to be done to inject a true heart into that great club name. 

The team and core squad have been more settled this season Dave ,after a strong performance and a win against Llandovery last timeout, Saturday was a huge let down .

The problems as I see it is lack of Financial backing . I heard in recent seasons people have been prepared to invest, but the offer was turned down .

Another thing the Guardian and Vice President scheme as only had between 100-150 takers so sad .

Yet again very few Scarlets players have been loaned to Llanelli ,hugely disappointing that .

Edited by 157cb - 04 March 2020 at 6:51pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

The team and core squad have been more settled this season Dave ,after a strong performance and a win against Llandovery last timeout, Saturday was a huge let down .

The problems as I see it is lack of Financial backing . I heard in recent seasons people have been prepared to invest, but the offer was turned down .

Another thing the Guardian and Vice President scheme as only had between 100-150 takers so sad .

Yet again very few Scarlets players have been loaned to Llanelli ,hugely disappointing that .

Any investment is welcome as the cost of running the Rfc is a constant issue at the top in the Region but perhaps it came with too many conditions Mark ?🤔 I would be happy personally with a steady mid table year in year out in acknowledging the feeder role with the Region . This would help fan base attendance as it remains a struggle as you imply 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2020 at 10:41am

The rfc are caught in a catch 22, they don't run junior / age group sides so they are not a community club.

But as the game is now regional they are not the at the top end of the game in wales either

They don't really fit into the modern game , and i take no pleasure in saying that

However I see Cardiff are again going very well so maybe i am wrong

157 is right the lack of scarlet players being released to the rfc is very strange

Edited by RR1972 - 05 March 2020 at 10:42am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The rfc are caught in a catch 22, they don't run junior / age group sides so they are not a community club.

But as the game is now regional they are not the at the top end of the game in wales either

They don't really fit into the modern game , and i take no pleasure in saying that

However I see Cardiff are again going very well so maybe i am wrong

157 is right the lack of scarlet players being released to the rfc is very strange
Bit of a different relationship up there RR to us and the scarlets and I think the Cardiff Rfc keep  bar profits for games ; get more sponsors  etc and being in the city there is a bigger turn up although pitifully small for a town centre club . I do struggle on what’s best for sustaining a viable Rfc in the future camped within the Scarlets where I feel the other feeder clubs get more scarlet squad players released than to the Rfc . Tricky for the board of course to keep all clubs happy 🤨
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic