Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boks tactics at that last penalty-giving maul

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boks tactics at that last penalty-giving maul
    Posted: 29 October 2019 at 3:01pm
I actually was looking for the penalty we gave away in front of their posts (as ex-refs and others have said it should have been a penalty to us as one of their players prevented the clear out - but these highlights don't have it but I did see points of concern from 19:47 of the highlights. Reminds me of the Ol Andy Haden tactic. It might appear that at least 2 SA forwards were looking to buy a penalty by bringing the maul down and making it look like we did it. So you will see their fair-haired no. 8 first taking a theatrical dive and rolling onto his back like he's been pushed down with great force (which he hasn't). That doesn't bring the maul down but number 20 (long black hair) appears to try try similar. Add that to the 'fact' that Carre tripped over yet another Boks on the floor which ( I believe) it what lead to the penalty and it makes you wonder why that player was also on the floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_xl76979TY

Not sour grapes (well I confess a tiny bit) and there may have been things we did which we got away with - and as far as the Lions are concerned I'm still suspicious as to whether Kyle Sinkler deliberately jumped into the air to catch the pass from Care that led to us winning the 2nd test. Both Care and Sinkler were certainly very very quick to appeal for the tackle in the air.

Edited by Rich (Bris) - 29 October 2019 at 3:04pm
Sponsored Links

BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

I actually was looking for the penalty we gave away in front of their posts (as ex-refs and others have said it should have been a penalty to us as one of their players prevented the clear out - but these highlights don't have it but I did see points of concern from 19:47 of the highlights. Reminds me of the Ol Andy Haden tactic. It might appear that at least 2 SA forwards were looking to buy a penalty by bringing the maul down and making it look like we did it. So you will see their fair-haired no. 8 first taking a theatrical dive and rolling onto his back like he's been pushed down with great force (which he hasn't). That doesn't bring the maul down but number 20 (long black hair) appears to try try similar. Add that to the 'fact' that Carre tripped over yet another Boks on the floor which ( I believe) it what lead to the penalty and it makes you wonder why that player was also on the floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_xl76979TY

Not sour grapes (well I confess a tiny bit) and there may have been things we did which we got away with - and as far as the Lions are concerned I'm still suspicious as to whether Kyle Sinkler deliberately jumped into the air to catch the pass from Care that led to us winning the 2nd test. Both Care and Sinkler were certainly very very quick to appeal for the tackle in the air.

It was Dillon Lewis who was penalised
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 10:17pm
Yes that's what was said on TV but I don't know if they were sure or just assuming. To me Garces puts his arm up as he sees the maul collapsing over Carre. Either way mind
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic