Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales World Cup Squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 4:44am
H makes a valid point though if a player isnt offered a regional contract and hes below 60 caps then he his automatically outcast from test rugby through no fault of his own? major faux pas with gatlands law?

Edited by roy munster - 13 September 2019 at 4:45am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 9:24am
Much depends on the nature of contract Rhys signed...agents and clubs, as is their want, find ways of navigating the rules. See Tomos Francis.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

THE PRIEST SPEAKS on the beeb today saying he doesnt think hes eligible for world cup emergency call up...TBH Id completely forgotten about him but if patch does get injured ..Priest seems a tasty option
He hasn't got 60 caps so he's ineligible. If Patchell got injured it's Jarrod Evans who will be called up.

That’s not certain actually.
If not Jarrod, then who?

Or, are you referring to the Priest’s (in)eligibility? From my sketchy memory on this subject, is there a “Get in the squad free, no matter where you are” card if you’ve been outside Wales and not had an offer to return?

Ha!
Love that last plan...we should have that .. a 60 cap joker!

No, it's just that there isn't a hard and fast assumption in play that any player in a back line would get replaced like for like...some of it is where you are in the tournament, any other knocks etc.

I'm saying it's not a given that a 10 replaces a 10.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 10:01am
The solution is blindingly obvious: Hadleigh at 10. Heard it here first.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 10:43am

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

THE PRIEST SPEAKS on the beeb today saying he doesnt think hes eligible for world cup emergency call up...TBH Id completely forgotten about him but if patch does get injured ..Priest seems a tasty option
He hasn't got 60 caps so he's ineligible. If Patchell got injured it's Jarrod Evans who will be called up.

That’s not certain actually.
If not Jarrod, then who?

Or, are you referring to the Priest’s (in)eligibility? From my sketchy memory on this subject, is there a “Get in the squad free, no matter where you are” card if you’ve been outside Wales and not had an offer to return?

Ha!
Love that last plan...we should have that .. a 60 cap joker!

No, it's just that there isn't a hard and fast assumption in play that any player in a back line would get replaced like for like...some of it is where you are in the tournament, any other knocks etc.

I'm saying it's not a given that a 10 replaces a 10.

It probably is when you only have 2 10'sin the squad. As fo Rhys I don't think he's caught because no contract was offered to come home.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 4:18pm
Beard had his appendix out yesterday. Will fly out next week.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2019 at 11:13am

I just find this rather odd now. We have gone to Japan with 2 second rows who are not currently fit to play, yet Rob Evans was not selected because of 'durability' issues ????? 

I smell a rat here somewhere.

By the way I'm not suggesting that Rob should be playing second row !!!
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

The solution is blindingly obvious: Hadleigh at 10. Heard it here first.

Very crafty. Are you looking at getting our players back quickly after an early exit?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2019 at 8:07am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I just find this rather odd now. We have gone to Japan with 2 second rows who are not currently fit to play, yet Rob Evans was not selected because of 'durability' issues ????? 

I smell a rat here somewhere.

By the way I'm not suggesting that Rob should be playing second row !!!

The selection of Cory Hill is one that I really question. Of course he may well have been involved in training games but this guy has not played a competitive game since February & was in a protective boot 10 days ago. Gatland is talking of him playing against Australia?????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic