Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The time to move on.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The time to move on.
    Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:12am
The end of a desperately poor campaign thank the Lord.
We need to look forward to a new set of coaches and a fresh approach. There is no doubt that the talent is there - it needs structure and a game plan to bring the best out of the group. Brad seems to be a shrewd guy and will already have an idea of what he wants to implement.
I am excited for the future with him in charge. If WP and the same coaches were still in place for next season then I would be concerned but that will now be the national teams problem.
I hope he and Stevo and Byron do well because they are already being written off in a lot of quarters!!
No more autopsies please on what has happened this season - it's time to move on and look forward to exciting times which lie ahead.
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:59am
Thank God this season's over.  Tomorrow as another Scarlet (O'Hara) said, is another day.Smile
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:00am
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

We need to look forward to a new set of coaches and a fresh approach. There is no doubt that the talent is there - it needs structure and a game plan to bring the best out of the group. Brad seems to be a shrewd guy and will already have an idea of what he wants to implement.
I am excited for the future with him in charge. If WP and the same coaches were still in place for next season then I would be concerned but that will now be the national teams problem.
I hope he and Stevo and Byron do well because they are already being written off in a lot of quarters!!
No more autopsies please on what has happened this season - it's time to move on and look forward to exciting times which lie ahead.
rightly so given our attack and defence this season.
FIRST AND LAST View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FIRST AND LAST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:15pm
If the Wales coaching staff were being picked now all 3 of these guy would be unemployed.
Wales would not have chosen them and the Scarlets would have sacked them.
YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST OUTING & WHAT AN OUTING THIS SEASON HAS BEEN.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by FIRST AND LAST FIRST AND LAST wrote:

If the Wales coaching staff were being picked now all 3 of these guy would be unemployed.

totally agree. Tulip was sacked for a less disastrous season than we've just had.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

totally agree. Tulip was sacked for a less disastrous season than we've just had.
that to me is the most shameful episode in our history,437?games for us and to come in to work and read the paper was disgusting.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:30pm
Hows about one last meet the coaches meeting CRYS16? 
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Hows about one last meet the coaches meeting CRYS16? 

LOL

Right now I am disappointed in the coaching team, but when the dust has settled in a few months and I look back on the past 5 years, I will think about what a difference Pivac made. I have been surprised that particularly he and Stevo could not find a way out of the mire when things got tough. It is a blot on their coaching record. But you have to remember something we almost forgot since the move to PYS - those glory days! Wins against Toulon, La Rochelle, Bath, Leinster (SF) and Munster (F).  Time to move on for him and the supporters. But a big heartfelt diolch Wayne!
Scarlets before Wales
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:23am
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

No more autopsies? it only ended yesterday lol
If you dont learn from the past youre doomed to repeat those mistakes
We need to understand exactly why we have failed and how to rectify
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:13am
Very disappointing and I'm genuinely sad that this coaching setup go out on a bad note. Let us have some perspective over their full tenure. Pivac and co led us to winning the Pro 14 and Semi finals of the champions cup. They duly delivered on a budget which is minimal compared to other teams in the same competition.
There were so many calls for Pivac OUT before the Pro 14 winning season. The rugby we played during that time was a throwback to the Scarlets of old. Wish them the best of luck with Wales, Gatland will be a hard act to follow. I just hope the fans give time to our new coaching setup and not demand success/playing style straight away. 
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
Gellert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gellert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:29am
Recent selections have been puzzling.
Too old to die young...
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:34am
it's hardly something we need to learn from the past is it. Brad will be here soon with fresh ideas to push his new team forward
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:14am
Brad's first two jobs must be to improve our lineout and to improve out defence.

Both have been dreadful this season.

He then needs to fix Rhys Patchell. 
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

that to me is the most shameful episode in our history,437?games for us and to come in to work and read the paper was disgusting.

Firstly, Phil Davies wasn't "sacked for a less disastrous season than we've just had", he had less wins (10) and more losses (19), than this season.

Secondly, I thought Phil Davies had a 'heads-up' that he was going to be sacked and he contacted Andy Howells for him to break the news in the Western Mail before it was officially announced ?. 

Edited by TurkQuay - 21 May 2019 at 11:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic