Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Macron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 8:51pm
I’d like to know how Glasgow’s brief to Macron differs from ours.

Anyone any ideas?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 10:22pm
Real poor quality merchandise, very little choice, expensive and shocking sizing.
west is best.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 5:33am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I’d like to know how Glasgow’s brief to Macron differs from ours.

Anyone any ideas?

Macron are the kit suplier for all of Scottish rugby, national side included, and have been since 2013. The deal cascades down from that. Now extended to 2021.

Glasgow and Edinburgh retain their replica and general merchandise brand ownership in terms of product, marketing,shop sales and outlets they can sell in.
The Scarlets signed a 5 year deal with Macron to the end of the 2021/22 season, but also signed to opt out of the controlling influence on the range offer, prices, metchandise, outlets etc...in essence the club gets a cut on all sales.

It’s generally acknowledged that it gets rid of a headache for the club, and reduces costs, but that Macron have ( as is the want of supply chain producers given too much leeway) drifted from the ideal in terms of offer, price and range.

I get what we’ve done. But to sign for 5 years, whichever way you cut it up, was a rank poor and naive call.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 9:42am
Interesting Wil.

Whenever I see the Glasgow apparel, it always seems very good quality. Haven’t seen much of Edinburgh’s stuff and the Scotland kit always tends to look good quality.

It’d be much better if our range was much closer to that on show in Scotland.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2019 at 3:24pm
I'll whisper it not to tempt fate but popped into the shop this week and the new training/leisure ranges whilst fairly simple are quite nice both in terms of style and quality, might well make some purchases over the next few days and am a bit more hopeful about next seasons kit now.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

I'll whisper it not to tempt fate but popped into the shop this week and the new training/leisure ranges whilst fairly simple are quite nice both in terms of style and quality, might well make some purchases over the next few days and am a bit more hopeful about next seasons kit now.
I always thought the actual macron stuff was ok. the training top and training fleece good quality and comfy.
the Russell polos with scarlets logo embroided on however were just cheap and nasty. (but then people wanted cheaper products).
good quality these days means you have to pay for it. the £20 polos and tshirts were very poor. but then they were not actual macron products.

Edited by PE SA - 28 June 2019 at 4:10pm
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2019 at 5:26pm
I really like the Macron jersey.
Scarlets before Wales
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2019 at 6:52pm
It's £45 for a teeshirt on there!
That's obscene! I thought Jack Wills stuff my kids want was expensive, this is crazy
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2019 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

It's £45 for a teeshirt on there!
That's obscene! I thought Jack Wills stuff my kids want was expensive, this is crazy
they had cheaper ones in shop but they were not macron. You can tell if its macron by the price. 
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 6:08pm
I know this topic has been done to death on here but recently had an absolute guts full of Macron and I can’t wait to get a new supplier.

For starters even though it’s just over a week until Christmas, their opening hours are still 9-4. Wrangling my way into an early finish in work, I got caught in traffic on my way over and missed the shop closing by 5 minutes.

After that I decided to look online. All I wanted was a present for my 4 year old cousin, who’s growing up in a football dominated household but has actually asked for a rugby ball and jersey for Christmas! I was shocked to see that baby (obviously too small for him) wear is £45! A jersey that would have fitted him started at £55.49! They don’t even have VAT on them!

Long story short, I nipped over to DW in Trostre, where among other things they had Ospreys jerseys in his size, Cronulla Sharks jerseys and even Wales World Cup jerseys in his size, but not a single piece of Scarlets gear in one of the biggest sports retailers in the UK, right in Llanelli.

It’s not often our board makes mistakes, but handing over the keys to Macron was a massive mistake in my eyes. I hope it was worth it financially.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

I know this topic has been done to death on here but recently had an absolute guts full of Macron and I can’t wait to get a new supplier.

For starters even though it’s just over a week until Christmas, their opening hours are still 9-4. Wrangling my way into an early finish in work, I got caught in traffic on my way over and missed the shop closing by 5 minutes.

After that I decided to look online. All I wanted was a present for my 4 year old cousin, who’s growing up in a football dominated household but has actually asked for a rugby ball and jersey for Christmas! I was shocked to see that baby (obviously too small for him) wear is £45! A jersey that would have fitted him started at £55.49! They don’t even have VAT on them!

Long story short, I nipped over to DW in Trostre, where among other things they had Ospreys jerseys in his size, Cronulla Sharks jerseys and even Wales World Cup jerseys in his size, but not a single piece of Scarlets gear in one of the biggest sports retailers in the UK, right in Llanelli.

It’s not often our board makes mistakes, but handing over the keys to Macron was a massive mistake in my eyes. I hope it was worth it financially.
could have got him an ospreys shirt and made him wear it when he was naughty.LOLLOL
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

could have got him an ospreys shirt and made him wear it when he was naughty.LOLLOL
Nobody can be that naughty and deserve such a cruel punishment. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 8:15pm

You'd think with our Intersport contacts we'd have gone down that route rather than sign with one particular brand.

Maybe something like Wales football did and had different makers over a couple of years, champion being the only one I remember
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I’m not that cruel and he’s not that naughty!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 8:14am
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

You'd think with our Intersport contacts we'd have gone down that route rather than sign with one particular brand.

Maybe something like Wales football did and had different makers over a couple of years, champion being the only one I remember
Was it champion Wales football had when you could only purchase in JD Sports? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic