Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Meet the coaches next Tuesday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:52am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

My summary:

Only John and Wayne attended. Very positive meeting. No negativity.

WE are still searching for the elusive 8. Until found, JB and Boyde will cover. High hopes for McLoed moving forward.

Boyde is a 7 who will play anywhere to wear the shirt, McLoed is an 8 acquiring a good 7 skill set.

Allen will be involved Friday. Hasn't really taken chances offered to him early in season, needs to have a good run in.

Condy's knee is blown was my take and I suspect, albeit reading between the lines, that he will be released. Lots of love for JB, a guy playing with a broken body which isn't really big enough for this level, but his skill set makes up for it. Aaron unlucky not to be in WElsh squad, seen as not physical enough, albeit our stats contradict that thinking. Our best tackler.

Dinky is a promisinh young ten. Still a long way behind Patch. He is quiet, doesn't order the 9 or forwards around and still needs to learn to boss more experienced centres. Described as a sponge though, and loves to learn.

Patch may be back for the EDinburgh game and may play BIC game as preparation.

Looking for a back 3 player, but lots expected from Conbeer, Iaon Nicholas and Corey Baldwin next season. Conbeer is great when ball comes to him, but doesn't go looking for work like JM. Needs to learn from him.

Pete is struggling this season. Wont feature this weekend. Accept Nicky is a great scrummager, but likes the buffet cart too much. Needs to work on mobility and skill set.

No players leaving other than DTH and Liam.

Elias, Cubby and maybe Boyde will have a shout for summer tour. Elias already on radar.

Berne our best signing of Pivav era. Bernado still not setting world alight. Berne contracted for next season also

Ref in Sarries game admitted 2 hours after game he should have given penalty to us not them on 81 mins which would have been game over. Acknowledgement that Pro 12 reffing is still pants. Took 6 weeks for feedback after Blues game away when it should come within 5 days.

Need a minimum of 10 points from next 4 games during 6N window. 3 very winnable games after that. Hopefully, by then Connacht will be out and it would be nice not to go into Os game needing anything.

Asked about exit strategies, why we sometimes kick long and other times into touch. Much depends on opposition, whether they have a good catch and drive or perhaps whether certain team never kick. Glasgow for example tend to run everything back, so if you catch them downfield there is an obvious tactical gain.

Lots of talk about lack of locks coming through academy. Was explained this is overall a Welsh problem. The twins from out West were used as an example. Currently with Ealing and not setting world on fire. Other than that, our academy was doing well, 75% of the bois therein made a pro player. Around 16-17 kids at any one time.

Our club captain will always be a Welsh speaker. Saucy happy to step in but doesn't wantvrole

I ate my humble pie

OAM - excellent report by the way. One point I note is that Pivac mentions that no other players are leaving. Do I read this as no other players who we want to retain or actually no others. Where does this leave Taylor & Morgan Allen. 

Taylor left months back if I am not mistaken .
I agree, I'm sure Taylor was released.

I read it that no-one we otherwise wanted was going. In terms of Allen, my take was that there was some disappointment with his form, albeit they did acknowledge that he had some injuries during the season. He really should be our 8 during these periods but isn't based on both his form and that of others. I suspect he has a big 4 games ahead of him now to try and cement himself with us for next season, otherwise JB, Boyde and Mcloed will be our 8 options. Assuming we don't get the beast we want.

Wayne mentioned that whilst Boyde can do a job at 8, he doesn't have the frame to carry at the top level against the big bois. Champions Cup or knockout Pro 12 perhaps. So, given McLoed is still developing, I think Allen's future will perhaps be decided during the 6N window.

Anyone else who was there think different?
#George
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic