Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Article about scarlet financial results 2013-14
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Article about scarlet financial results 2013-14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 9:46pm
The most worrying thing about these endless losses year after year.....is will they continue? The statement sent out today does NOT fill me with any confidence that things have fundamentally changed for the better. The only part of the statement that gives us hope is the mention of the new deals with the wru and ndc's but internally where is the evidence things will improve?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

The most worrying thing about these endless losses year after year.....is will they continue? The statement sent out today does NOT fill me with any confidence that things have fundamentally changed for the better. The only part of the statement that gives us hope is the mention of the new deals with the wru and ndc's but internally where is the evidence things will improve?
In all fairness they also said that the playing budget will increase next season.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 10:11pm

Yes.
It will always be near impossible to compete even in the P12 while making a profit. Not unless we turn into a Northampton like stadium filling team
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Yes.
It will always be near impossible to compete even in the P12 while making a profit. Not unless we turn into a Northampton like stadium filling team
I meant will the losses continue at this level? and will we continue to make mind boggling losses on things like red room?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
thescarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

When's this statement from the Scarlets coming out then?

from Crys 16- "
Following concerns from members and supporters regarding the recently published accounts for the year ending 30th June 2014 Crys16 met with Scarlets management team on Tuesday 2nd June in order to raise the issues on behalf of our members.

The core concern was clearly the level of the loss and the impact on the region both on and off the pitch. The management team ran through the headline figures that accounted for the majority of the loss but felt that the main message is that the losses didn’t and won’t impact the long term sustainability of the business or have any detrimental impact on the playing budget, in fact the accounts recently published had an increase of £500,000 on the money spent on the squad with a further amount committed to the current year.

The management team, board and funding directors are all comfortable with the losses and the figures for the current set of accounts will be significantly improved.

The region won’t be releasing any statement in respect of the accounts on the basis that they are nearly a year old and from their perspective the figures aren’t a cause for concern. They are aware of the apprehensions amongst supporters but feel that there would be no real value in commenting on the figures any further and hope that the reassurances they have given Crys16 which alleviated our initial anxieties will go some way to easing supporters concerns also.

Crys16 also discussed a variety of other topics with the management team and we will as usual issues our notes to members in due course."
I was there !!!!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 11:04pm

In all fairness they also said that the playing budget will increase next season.

did they? just said they had increased the playing budget by 500k for the previous season.

if it increased again, i find it unlikley the losses will drop, fair play to the board if they are "content" with the way the business is being run and are happy to foot this type of loss

any mention on what our end of year figures were for the financial year 2014/ to 2015? any idea od what our % of our turnover is spent on salarys ?

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

did they? just said they had increased the playing budget by 500k for the previous season.

if it increased again, i find it unlikley the losses will drop, fair play to the board if they are "content" with the way the business is being run and are happy to foot this type of loss

any mention on what our end of year figures were for the financial year 2014/ to 2015? any idea od what our % of our turnover is spent on salarys ?

in fact the accounts recently published had an increase of £500,000 on the money spent on the squad with a further amount committed to the current year.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 11:39pm
so we have lost £1.7 million last year and are now going to increase the wage roll at the club?

wow fair play the board they literally don;t mind losing money on the region , fair play to them for that
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 11:40pm

so we have lost £1.7 million last year and are now going to increase the wage roll at the club?

wow fair play the board they literally don;t mind losing money on the region , fair play to them for that
I'm a bit baffled by it myself
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 11:43pm

I'm a bit baffled by it myself

hopefully the increased income will cover the increase in wages or maybe this spec savers guy is putting it more money behind the scenes.

I don;yt pay the bills so i don;t care, sign them all up i say LOL
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2015 at 12:43pm
Drags had a 400k loss
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
  Share Topic