Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Delme Parfitt / Ponty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Its gone up to 6000 at ponty according to their fans the numbers where understated, where as they believe our 8,235 is made up
It is pretty obvious that they can't count up that neck of the woods! LOLLOLLOL who really cares anyway, I don't see the relevance of comparing crowd numbers just for one game of the season! LOLLOLLOL 

So let me get this right, from the Ponty supporters point of view, they get a good gate for one game, and then they're on the band wagon about how they should be a region and they're numbers will embarrass the other regions blah blah blah.................get a grip I say, talk about being picky and petty! Shocked

The true test would be to compare season long attendances at the end of the season, if one really has to of course. I'm sure, as many will agree, their figures will be substantially lower than any region! Shocked

To be fair, this was Parfitt's doing!
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Alun Alun wrote:

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Its gone up to 6000 at ponty according to their fans the numbers where understated, where as they believe our 8,235 is made up
It is pretty obvious that they can't count up that neck of the woods! LOLLOLLOL who really cares anyway, I don't see the relevance of comparing crowd numbers just for one game of the season! LOLLOLLOL 

So let me get this right, from Parfitt's point of view, Ponty get a good gate for one game, and then he's on the band wagon about how Ponty should be a region and they're gate numbers will embarrass the other regions blah blah blah.................get a grip I say, talk about being picky and petty! Shocked

The true test would be to compare season long attendances at the end of the season, if one really has to of course. I'm sure, as many will agree, their figures will be substantially lower than any region! Shocked

To be fair, this was Parfitt's doing!
Fixed Big smileThumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 12:19pm
Pontypridd

They do make me laugh.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

5800 according to Bristol Post - http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/TIME-Pontypridd-13-Bristol-Rugby-24/story-23508837-detail/story.html

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">You must have rubbed him up the wrong way Al.</span><div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Simon Thomas blocked me before for suggesting that the fail were quick to jump on the Wruburton abuse but never said anything about the stuff that Rhys had to put up with on twitter, and within hours the next story to be released by them was why Hook should be given another chance at 10. I wasnt even having a go at him personally just the hypocrisy of the paper.<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

Ha he banned me at the same time cos I told him Warburton had sold his mates down the river.

Was a daft thing to tweet in fairness.

POnty are a pain but they do have a good following considering the league they are in and they do play some very good rugby

can't stick their fans though tbh them and neath are the worst in Wales

Edited by RR1972 - 29 October 2014 at 12:45pm
GwentScarlet2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GwentScarlet2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 1:02pm
Ebbw will give them the beating they deserve at ecp
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 1:54pm
when we lost up there a few years back in the league final they announces a crowd of over 5k. In fairness, the stand opposite the shed was half empty, but there were easily 3k there, which fair play is a cracking crowd for that level of rugby. 

They crowed hugely last season about their results against L Welsh and how they could be the 4th region. Well, we have seen where LW really are this season, and Ponty are some way behind that. Beating the Dragqueens is a fantasy.
#George
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

when we lost up there a few years back in the league final they announces a crowd of over 5k. In fairness, the stand opposite the shed was half empty, but there were easily 3k there, which fair play is a cracking crowd for that level of rugby. <!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",0);//-->

They crowed hugely last season about their results against L Welsh and how they could be the 4th region. Well, we have seen where LW really are this season, and Ponty are some way behind that. Beating the Dragqueens is a fantasy.

If they had ten years of being a region, the funding to run an academy etc I think they would have done as well as if not better than the drags. The current drags team as poor as it is would beat this ponty lot by 20 points plus
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 10:55am

when we lost up there a few years back in the league final they announces a crowd of over 5k. In fairness, the stand opposite the shed was half empty, but there were easily 3k there, which fair play is a cracking crowd for that level of rugby. 

Fantasy is the operative word for that lot, they're living in their own little fantasy world!
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 10:56am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

when we lost up there a few years back in the league final they announces a crowd of over 5k. In fairness, the stand opposite the shed was half empty, but there were easily 3k there, which fair play is a cracking crowd for that level of rugby. <!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",0);//-->

If they had ten years of being a region, the funding to run an academy etc I think they would have done as well as if not better than the drags. The current drags team as poor as it is would beat this ponty lot by 20 points plus

Lets not go down that road again. They had a region and didn't support it.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic