Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Music Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest songs of all time...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2016 at 11:25pm
Been looking for a music area on here for ages!

The Dubliners - Wild Rover, Irish Rover and Whiskey in the Jar.
The Pogues - Dirty Old Town

Those are my favourite songs from the Emerald Isle!

Fantastic. Clap

Edited by PritchyTheScarlet - 02 February 2016 at 11:27pm
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2016 at 3:27am

(love the crazy legs crane on this brando impersonator)...waiting on you by future islands...brilliant munTongue

Edited by roy munster - 03 February 2016 at 3:48am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2016 at 9:18am
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Clarp - "White briefs turned"

Their first record still blows my mind. I mean, a 15-minute bass solo set to the back-drop of duelling flutes is just, well, listen for yourself. 

have you got  a link for that?

They were very much a band that kept out of the limelight and finding their material is neigh on impossible. I've got their first record on tape - it's so fragile I don't even look at it, let alone listen to it any more.

They shunned the spotlight, but could have been big. Bigger than Jesus (and consequently, the Beatles). Their first record was a tour-de-force; combining driving basslines with medieval string-instruments, electronic-percussion and Norse poetry sung at operatic falsettos.

But they made a big mistake by releasing their second album as a Spectrum game! Where you had to navigate crypts inside the shrunken head of a T-Rex, collecting hieroglyphs and spelling out the song titles (backwards) before each song was played back to you - in MIDI!

It tore them apart, financially and physically and they disappeared after that. Some say they went to Australia, some say they never existed. I know that's a lie because the cellist was my University lecturer! 

This is still one of the greatest posts on ScarletFever
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 11:37pm
Wish you were here - Pink Floyd.
jonnythescarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnythescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2016 at 11:56pm
Chaz and Dave - Gertcha classic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic