Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Social media - what next?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Social media - what next?
    Posted: 13 November 2012 at 9:19pm
A guy was arrested for posting a picture of a burning poppy online. Nothing wrong with burning it but because it was online he was arrested.

Edited by SA14 - 13 November 2012 at 9:19pm
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 9:34pm
They're probably worried he was advertising the illicit preparation of morphine and heroin.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 9:39pm
And you know if you print out an image of a burning poppy and burn that, then post that on twitter, would you get arrested?
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

A guy was arrested for posting a picture of a burning poppy online. Nothing wrong with burning it but because it was online he was arrested.

Daft thing to do.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:26am
Go down this pathway too much Loft and we'll be as daft as the Americans are about their flag. It's a bit of cloth mun. I'm with Bill Hicks on this one.
geordie scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 11:32am
Daft thing to do in my view, near to November 11th, Rememberance day, poParc y Scarletsymbolises the fact we remember those who have given their lives in previous and current conflicts and then publicises it... i personally find the burning of this poppy as offensive to those who have made this country safe for he or she to live in
Toontotown challenges have now raised £101,321 for charity www.toontotown.co.uk

You cant buy Scarlet culture........You have to breed Scarlet culture
Proud member of Herman Tours
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 11:37am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Its about time this country started putting the feelings of families who have lost loved ones before the rights of idiots like that. Well done I say.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Go down this pathway too much Loft and we'll be as daft as the Americans are about their flag. It's a bit of cloth mun. I'm with Bill Hicks on this one.

The Americans and their flag is just over the top nonsense. The Poppy and what it symbolises is pretty easy to damn and discount, but what it represents in the rememberance of the amount of soldiers killed is something which should be respected. If you cant respect sacrifice i really give up.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:35pm
I think Social media should be banned. Along with Reality TV and sweetcorn.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

I'll see you in hell before you take my corn away from me!

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

It's a date. I'll bring my trident.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:32am
no offence but I think this is absolutely stupid....

Redeyes, the people who died defending this country IMO would be in shock right now, they died so that people in this country could be free to do this...

burn a poppy, burn a flag, but don't use the excuse of veteran's would be in shock on this.. that's what they signed up for during the two great wars.. so that we wouldn't be oppressed and have a right to do stuff like this..

I for one wore my poppy with pride, but lately it has become more than a symbol of fallen heroes, it's become a political symbol, a symbol of christian beliefs and that IMO is wrong...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:33am
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

sweetcorn is wrong, nearly as wrong as black pudding scotch eggs....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

no offence but I think this is absolutely stupid....

Redeyes, the people who died defending this country IMO would be in shock right now, they died so that people in this country could be free to do this...

burn a poppy, burn a flag, but don't use the excuse of veteran's would be in shock on this.. that's what they signed up for during the two great wars.. so that we wouldn't be oppressed and have a right to do stuff like this..

I for one wore my poppy with pride, but lately it has become more than a symbol of fallen heroes, it's become a political symbol, a symbol of christian beliefs and that IMO is wrong...

I have never had the privelege of serving our nation, but I dont agree with your statement. Free speech is one thing, disrespect is a different story. I would suggest that burning poppies is closer to the latter.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 8:38pm
I love sweetcorn .
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 12:49pm
Too many people live their lives through social media these days, forums is one thing, Twitter and Facepants is another! Shocked What a mate that I used to know 15 years ago, who I have little or no contact with today, had for breakfast this morning has little or no interest in my day to day routine, nor what argument he's having with an ex that I don't even know.
The implications of social media while trying to find a new job has its negatives now too. You best lock your account down while looking for work, agencies and companies alike actively employ people to search social media to build a profile of a candidate before you've even been offered an interview. So, if you are quite open with your account, and quite vocal with what you post and allow others to see, then be prepared for others to judge you before you've even walked through the door! ShockedShockedShocked You may not even get an interview is a potential agency or employer thinks that you are trouble or wouldn't fit in just by viewing your social media accounts! ShockedShockedShocked
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic