Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Building a new coaching team.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I still think asking Steff Evs to stay out wide paid off. We looked better in midfield, and he's a proven exponent of top class wing play.
Thank God they did, because him trying to pop up everywhere just didn't work. As you imply, it just messed up any chance for the midfield to function. 

I think you might want another look at the game.I'd say the mid-field was better because the ball was getting to Morgan quickly,who then injected the pace-Morgan can be seen to take the ball directly from Jones at 1st receiver more often than Hughes in the first half(4 times to Hughes'once,I think)
On a side note,thanks to Morgan Jones(what a player we have here!)for the tackle on Graham,who took the ball and countered from one of Dan's 3 abortive cross-field kicks.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 01 March 2021 at 10:32pm
Sponsored Links

trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 9:16pm
Yes Morgan did well to scrag him there, we’d have been in trouble if he hadnt
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I still think asking Steff Evs to stay out wide paid off. We looked better in midfield, and he's a proven exponent of top class wing play.
Thank God they did, because him trying to pop up everywhere just didn't work. As you imply, it just messed up any chance for the midfield to function. 

I think you might want another look at the game.I'd say the mid-field was better because the ball was getting to Morgan quickly,who then injected the pace-Morgan can be seen to take the ball directly from Jones at 1st receiver more often than Hughes in the first half(4 times to Hughes'once,I think)
On a side note,thanks to Morgan Jones(what a player we have here!)for the tackle on Graham,who took the ball and countered from one of Dan's 3 abortive cross-field kicks.
Morgan Jones improves every game for a young man,will forgive him for botching up a 4 on 2 at the end of the first half...IMO thought Dan mixed his game up well apart from one cross kick,his goal kicking was the difference in the end of winning or losing 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2021 at 7:19am

My point about Steff popping up everywhere was in reference to the Benneton game
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2021 at 7:34am

My point about Steff popping up everywhere was in reference to the Benneton game
Sorry.It was interseting that Steff only came in-field against Benetton(as did Conbeer,too)after Costellow had left the field : when Costellow was on,neither wing had to look for work.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2021 at 7:38am

Sorry.It was interseting that Steff only came in-field against Benetton(as did Conbeer,too)after Costellow had left the field : when Costellow was on,neither wing had to look for work.
Neither wing had to come in on saturday as i thought dan was outstanding in all aspects of his game last weekend.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2021 at 7:52am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Neither wing had to come in on saturday as i thought dan was outstanding in all aspects of his game last weekend.

He cross-kicked 3 times,twice in 1st half,one kick being deeper than the others.Every time we lost possession.
For me,the most significant thing was the fact that Dan was allowed to play outside-half.Hughes did not swap with him and did not act as 1st receiver once.More evidence of change.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 02 March 2021 at 8:37am
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2021 at 4:55am
Who was the guy (kiwi?) who we signed as head coach then reneged on us and we ended up with Brad (before he reneged)?
Scarlets before Wales
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2021 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Champions Cup Qualification.... anyone done one of those 'run in' comparison leagues?

If its top 3, we are up against Connacht, Blues and Edinburgh.

The Blues have got to go to Connacht and play Munster. 

Edinburgh have 2 games in hand? Also have to play Munster home, Connacht away.

Connacht have got Munster away and have to come to PYS on last day.

We need to win 3 I think, Benneton, Edinburgh and Connacht. 13 points will take us to 38 and hopefully Europe's top table? (inclusive of some favours) 

Also, our 'home' form, we have lost 4 games at home, when did that last happen, y Parc was once a fortress.

I was watching Jon Daniels on the Crys 16 Zoom  meeting ,he said he as only really enjoyed 2 games , Ulster and Bath both away, he said because there were crowds .

Our fortress as been breached four times this season,do not underestimate  the lack of crowds, especially at the Parc .

Due to the absence of crowds home/away isn’t really a factor in performances.
Wales seems to have coped  well with no crowds to get motivated and I thought we would suffer with no crowds but not so 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2021 at 8:06am
A couple of other forums saying Peel is a done deal?
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2021 at 9:00am
hope so FScarlet. which forums are they? just hope we are not paying too much
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2021 at 9:10am
Someone on 606 who seems to be in the know mentioned it today. I'm not on there but read it from time to time. A mate said he'd seen a couple of posts on twitter too.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2021 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Someone on 606 who seems to be in the know mentioned it today. I'm not on there but read it from time to time. A mate said he'd seen a couple of posts on twitter too.
Well there’s no chance Peel is going to be coaching Cardiff next season after this regardless of if he comes to Scarlets or not

Edited by scarletnut - 18 March 2021 at 9:19am
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2021 at 9:20am
thanks FScarlet lets hope its done and dusted soon so we can move on.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2021 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

A couple of other forums saying Peel is a done deal?
He’s very likely to be with us next season. Cardiff are trying to play the victim to get compensation, which is ridiculous as they are the one’s who changed Dwayne’s contract after he’d signed it. This is where all this began. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2021 at 10:52am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Who was the guy (kiwi?) who we signed as head coach then reneged on us and we ended up with Brad (before he reneged)?

Was is Rob Penney?  Don't know why but that mane rings a bell. Just left the warratahs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
  Share Topic