FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tevita Ratuva joins french club Brive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tevita Ratuva joins french club Brive
    Posted: 16 January 2021 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Tex was a project though wasnt he... With barely a pro game under his belt. So wouldn't class him as a signal of intent type signing.

Sam Lousi on the other hand, we need another of his stature to replace what's going out. Ideally someone who will be around all season long. With Ball, Tex, Jac Morgan, possibly Cassiem, Kruger, leaving--some big wages there... Hopefully a lumper of a NWQ lock on way in as well as the rumoured WGJ.
Tex played for Fiji in the last World Cup, so would not class him as a project. Picked up an injury in France and hardly played,that is how we probably ended up getting him. Agrew that we need a big unit to partner Louisi next season.
didn't play a single game in France. His first pro appearance was for fiji... But for a club, it was scarlets. To which he still only has what, 12 under his belt. 

We need a Kalamafoni type character hopefully to come in though. 

Spot on - Ratuva is not the guy. 
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Tex was a project though wasnt he... With barely a pro game under his belt. So wouldn't class him as a signal of intent type signing.

Sam Lousi on the other hand, we need another of his stature to replace what's going out. Ideally someone who will be around all season long. With Ball, Tex, Jac Morgan, possibly Cassiem, Kruger, leaving--some big wages there... Hopefully a lumper of a NWQ lock on way in as well as the rumoured WGJ.
Tex played for Fiji in the last World Cup, so would not class him as a project. Picked up an injury in France and hardly played,that is how we probably ended up getting him. Agrew that we need a big unit to partner Louisi next season.
didn't play a single game in France. His first pro appearance was for fiji... But for a club, it was scarlets. To which he still only has what, 12 under his belt. 

We need a Kalamafoni type character hopefully to come in though. 
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 7:57pm

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Where is Lewis Rawlins?  Always produced a good 40 minutes and excellent lineout operat
or and aggressive tackler.

Seems to be permanently injured.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 7:44pm
Where is Lewis Rawlins?  Always produced a good 40 minutes and excellent lineout operator and aggressive tackler.
Keep the faith
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

A glance at the Brive squad reveals a number of fellow Fijians out there already.

Good luck to Tex.

At the end of the day the players are humans and it’s nice to be part of a team that has your fellow countrymen in it - home is where the heart is . He is performing his contract which is fine with me. 
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 7:09pm

A glance at the Brive squad reveals a number of fellow Fijians out there already.

Good luck to Tex.

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 7:04pm

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Well, yes there are money worries.

Everyone is getting a fraction of their normal WRU support/funding.

We are just managing it well.

Sorry - what I meant was, in terms of our planning for next season. We're not planning swinging cuts. We will have a very good and very expensive squad. Certainly top half of the P14 in terms of resources and on a par with many English sides.

I don't like the optics of signing either of the Ospreys' locks, but I'm sure we're in the market for some decent grunt to replace Tex and Ball
Spot on
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

We made a big statement 2yrs ago by signing both lousi and tex when other clubs with bigger budgets showed interest. I would be devasteted if we signed one of those osprey players, let alone both ad replacements for jake and tex. King is a has-been and has not featured for the ospreys for a while and peers was a squad player at best. Id rsther invedt in morgan jones and jac price before spending money on them

Invest more
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 6:02pm
We made a big statement 2yrs ago by signing both lousi and tex when other clubs with bigger budgets showed interest. I would be devasteted if we signed one of those osprey players, let alone both ad replacements for jake and tex. King is a has-been and has not featured for the ospreys for a while and peers was a squad player at best. Id rsther invedt in morgan jones and jac price before spending money on them
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Well, yes there are money worries.

Everyone is getting a fraction of their normal WRU support/funding.

We are just managing it well.

Sorry - what I meant was, in terms of our planning for next season. We're not planning swinging cuts. We will have a very good and very expensive squad. Certainly top half of the P14 in terms of resources and on a par with many English sides.

I don't like the optics of signing either of the Ospreys' locks, but I'm sure we're in the market for some decent grunt to replace Tex and Ball
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

If they getting Jac and we having the dross of Peers and King I be fuming that’s awful business and indicates serious money problems to me. 
No money worries as yet.
Yep some people are getting ridiculous on here. Off the field Scarlets are in a better position than Ospreys
it's like that team we've got on paper steff it's a shame we play on the field.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 12:01pm
It's about time we saw some form from  Foxy.  He's been very quiet I feel 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I think Steff has been our best centre so far but I havent seen enough of Asquith and Morgan 
Sorry definitely not our best centre so far.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 10:59am
I think Steff has been our best centre so far but I havent seen enough of Asquith and Morgan 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic