Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Davies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:10am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

We need to keep Dan at all costs he his 22 years of age,I saw him and Josh MacLeod a couple years back in Paris against Racing , they were both brilliant .

If we are looking at off loading players ?? we need to ntake there age and injury record into account.

When the International call will come with regards Jac Morgan, we will rarely see him with the structure of the season as it is .
 that was last season mark,outstanding.
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:20am

We need to keep Dan at all costs he his 22 years of age,I saw him and Josh MacLeod a couple years back in Paris against Racing , they were both brilliant .

If we are looking at off loading players ?? we need to ntake there age and injury record into account.

When the International call will come with regards Jac Morgan, we will rarely see him with the structure of the season as it is .
But if you were Dan you’d probably be thinking you’d be better off at the Ospreys for game time. It’s what I would do 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:21am
Dan is a different type of[player to Jac. Jac is a defensive machine in the mould of Josh; Dan is a a lightly bigger version of Cubby with superb handling skills and pace. All 3 could play together and given Dan's athleticism he could certainly do a job at lineout time as does Tipuric. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

But if you were Dan you’d probably be thinking you’d be better off at the Ospreys for game time. It’s what I would do 

Can't say I disagree with you Stef. 
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:23am
Injuries havent helped Dan as when opportunities arose, he was unavailable to take them.
I guess he now sees himself as 4th choice behind Josh, Cubby and Jac. In addition hes probably thinking `Josh is injured, Cubby is with Wales and I still cant get even a bench position`. A brilliant player who needs game time. I said it weeks and weeks ago that with no welsh premiership, where on earth are all these excellent squad players meant to play rugby?? We need more `friendlies` so give these guys game time (or a proper inter region A leage)

Edited by supertaf - 17 November 2020 at 9:23am
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:39am

steff! i used to see you with paul at stradey when you were knee high i couldn't imagine you in an ospreys shirt LOLLOL
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:40am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Dan is a different type of[player to Jac. Jac is a defensive machine in the mould of Josh; Dan is a a lightly bigger version of Cubby with superb handling skills and pace. All 3 could play together and given Dan's athleticism he could certainly do a job at lineout time as does Tipuric. 

I'm not sure I agree with you there,G.P..R..I think Jac is a good footballer,and is a great destructive player,yes,but is also a constructive force.Macleod I see as having a future at 6.Succession planning beyond Cubby and Shingler should already be moving in that direction,with Dan and Jac competing for the open-side berth.Fitting Cassiem in at 6 has clouded the issue,and,I'd argue,hasn't worked-Kennedy has shown he's a more natural option there.Had Kennedy been preferred at 6,Dan could have been used on the bench.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:44am
If we looking to offload flankers surely it should be Cubby that goes as much as he has been great for us he is not player he was and players like Dan and Jac are our future. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

If we looking to offload flankers surely it should be Cubby that goes as much as he has been great for us he is not player he was and players like Dan and Jac are our future. 

Even if we did that, & I'm not advocating we do, do you think Dan would still be happy being 3rd choice behind Josh & Jac?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:46am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

steff! i used to see you with paul at stradey when you were knee high i couldn't imagine you in an ospreys shirt LOLLOL
LOLLOL
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I'm not sure I agree with you there,G.P..R..I think Jac is a good footballer,and is a great destructive player,yes,but is also a constructive force.Macleod I see as having a future at 6.Succession planning beyond Cubby and Shingler should already be moving in that direction,with Dan and Jac competing for the open-side berth.Fitting Cassiem in at 6 has clouded the issue,and,I'd argue,hasn't worked-Kennedy has shown he's a more natural option there.Had Kennedy been preferred at 6,Dan could have been used on the bench.

I do not mean to downplay Jac's creative ability which is clear for everyone to see from that disallowed try but when comparing their strengths I see Dan as the more constructive. He is certainly a lot quicker. For me Kennedy is the natural Shingler replacement rather than Casseim.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:52am
We don't do so well with highly regarded players leaving.

It's a feature of our game unfortunately.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

We don't do so well with highly regarded players leaving.

It's a feature of our game unfortunately.

I guess it is a compliment of our academy & the way we bring players through.

Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:08am

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I do not mean to downplay Jac's creative ability which is clear for everyone to see from that disallowed try but when comparing their strengths I see Dan as the more constructive. He is certainly a lot quicker. For me Kennedy is the natural Shingler replacement rather than Casseim.
One thing for sure,if Dan leaves we are left with Jac,Josh and Kennedy on the right side of 30.In addition,Blade,Cubby and Shingler-all getting on and beset by injury/availability issues.
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Tough decision, but I agree. Ditto for Shingler, really (ducks for cover)
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:48am
You cant keep everyone sadly, however it hasn’t always worked out when our youngsters move to the Ospreys. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic